ADVERTISEMENT

Clarke vs Stuarts Draft

What a time for Clarke to not show up. Draft is a really good team. I thought Clarke had a chance I was wrong. I will probably go See Draft in Woodstock next week. That should be a good game hopefully. How are Drafts inside linebackers?

What a time for Clarke to not show up. Draft is a really good team. I thought Clarke had a chance I was wrong. I will probably go See Draft in Woodstock next week. That should be a good game hopefully. How are Drafts inside linebackers?
I disagree. Clarke showed up, they are just outclassed.

No offense to Darlington at all. He’s a football player (see Strasburg special teams play) . I just think that with that system and so many players in the box he can be bottled up (see Luray, see Meridian). Give him room to work and he shines more (even with being the POY).
Bump

terrible offense, terrible system, boring, predictable

Get the Manassas Parks off the schedule and play somebody.
Sherando, Handley, Millbrook, James Wood all within 10/12 miles

Inside backers are pretty good.

Great win for draft. Team is good and very well coached. CC had 2 opportunities in the first half. They chose to kick a field goal to take the lead which I would have not done. You won't be draft by kicking field goals. And when Darlington was stopped on 4th and 1. Clarke ran 1 play 4 times that netted them 15 yds a pop with Darlington and never once used it in the red zone nor in the 2nd half. Just outplayed and out coached. Congrats again to draft and good luck the rest of the way

When someone on I-81 or in that region beats Draft other than Riverheads, I will believe it, but only when I see it. It's been 3 years, 2018, or almost 1/3rd of a decade since Draft has lost to team in that Region other than Riverheads, which of course is 1B. 3 years isn't a terribly long time, but that's a lot of games played.
Told you guys. I've listened to the "build up" about how somebody can play with Draft if they show up. It seems like nobody ever shows up as the usual excuse. I think Draft is exactly what I told you. They are just that much better than the other Class 2 schools in the region. Some of it is mental at this point. Draft just seems to be in the heads of its opponents in that region,, and brings their A game when it matters. The region title game will be closer in score, but Central will never be in the game with a reasonable chance to win by mid 3rd quarter. Meaning, by mid 3rd qtr, it will be all but over.

Great win for draft. Team is good and very well coached. CC had 2 opportunities in the first half. They chose to kick a field goal to take the lead which I would have not done. You won't be draft by kicking field goals. And when Darlington was stopped on 4th and 1. Clarke ran 1 play 4 times that netted them 15 yds a pop with Darlington and never once used it in the red zone nor in the 2nd half. Just outplayed and out coached. Congrats again to draft and good luck the rest of the way
Hey Coach P,
Pretty sure you predicted a 17-14 win for Clarke earlier in the week? If you did, I think a FG is needed for that score and at the time it was 0-0 to take the lead. Also, I read the articles and a play was called wrong in the huddle on that series which lead to the FG so who knows what the actual play call was other than the actual coaches. I would certainly hope that a guy who uses Clarke’s football logo as their avatar would be an actual fan and supporter and not the the bleacher coach. Oh that’s right, you’re the guy everyone hears on a Friday night and shakes their head at! I’ll end this with saying, I would hope that a former player as yourself before Clarke was good in football wouldn’t be that guy. Considering you spiked the ball on 4th down while your team was driving for a win while you were playing. I would think a guy who yells and screams for 4 qtrs and knows what to do in every situation would know better on 4th. Just sayn glass house guy.
Congrats to Draft and hopefully they represent Region B in the finals again.

Hey Coach P,
Pretty sure you predicted a 17-14 win for Clarke earlier in the week? If you did, I think a FG is needed for that score and at the time it was 0-0 to take the lead. Also, I read the articles and a play was called wrong in the huddle on that series which lead to the FG so who knows what the actual play call was other than the actual coaches. I would certainly hope that a guy who uses Clarke’s football logo as their avatar would be an actual fan and supporter and not the the bleacher coach. Oh that’s right, you’re the guy everyone hears on a Friday night and shakes their head at! I’ll end this with saying, I would hope that a former player as yourself before Clarke was good in football wouldn’t be that guy. Considering you spiked the ball on 4th down while your team was driving for a win while you were playing. I would think a guy who yells and screams for 4 qtrs and knows what to do in every situation would know better on 4th. Just sayn glass house guy.
Enjoy basketball season!

Enjoy basketball season!
Sure will. As a true Clarke fan, I’ll enjoy watching our kids and coaches play and coach all sports. Trolling Clarke is so much fun from Frederick County peeps. I guess I get? Who knows-better yet who cares. Happy Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving chief! You beat Central, chin up
Sure did Chief and was the last man standing in our area playing! Seems like that happens quite a bit. I can lay my head down knowing our kids and coaches had a great year. Thanks for pointing that Central win out and got me thinking of all the great things from this fall. Appreciate it! Gotta go get my Saturday rolling, I’ll troll with you later

Hey Coach P,
So let me start out by saying that I did predict a 17-14 win. So yes a field goal was needed to accomplish that score. But when you are down inside the 10 yard line against an opponent you know is the favorite you can't kick a field goal there in my opinion. I understand if you are on the 20 25 yard line. 2nd seeing is you know who I am and I mean I'm not hiding it just look at my name as a 16 year old I did spike the ball on 4th down against Millbrook in a loss 8-6. As for being a fan that everybody hears on Friday nights that fans shake their heads at that's fine with me bc there are plenty of other fans that are saying the same things just not voicing it as loud as I am. I'm not throwing stones at glass houses. Coaches get criticized in every sport. I mean Saban gets it from Bama fans. And I'm pretty sure you are a coach and have been for awhile so you know it goes with the territory. And the logo I use is the Clarke logo. I didn't know that if I used it I couldn't say anything bad or wrong about clarke. Also I didn't say anything terrible. I just said we were out played and out coached. As a fan of this team its frustrating to always be the bridesmaid and not the bride. Seems that way every year when playoffs role around. Not saying you can win them all bc you can't but the same things seem to happen once playoffs start. Another thing about this team is i coached so many of these kids prior to high school. I've seen these kids grow up. So if course I'm going to have an opinion. But I'm not here to make this about me or you. This is about the kids and they had a good season. Can't wait for next season. Go Eagles

Last edited:
Reactions: VAHoops1
Told you guys. I've listened to the "build up" about how somebody can play with Draft if they show up. It seems like nobody ever shows up as the usual excuse. I think Draft is exactly what I told you. They are just that much better than the other Class 2 schools in the region. Some of it is mental at this point. Draft just seems to be in the heads of its opponents in that region,, and brings their A game when it matters. The region title game will be closer in score, but Central will never be in the game with a reasonable chance to win by mid 3rd quarter. Meaning, by mid 3rd qtr, it will be all but over.
Never say never when it comes to a game.

I think Draft is a decent team, not nearly as good as last year, I just think the Bull Run is weak across the board, Draft would put a whoopin on any team from there, just like Central will get whooped next Fri. I think Draft will struggle if they have to end up playing KW in 2 weeks, if they get by them they will have their hands full with Graham in Salem.

I think Draft is a decent team, not nearly as good as last year, I just think the Bull Run is weak across the board, Draft would put a whoopin on any team from there, just like Central will get whooped next Fri. I think Draft will struggle if they have to end up playing KW in 2 weeks, if they get by them they will have their hands full with Graham in Salem.
Don't go to far out on a limb, crow doesn't taste good.

Now you are gonna make me go watch Central more closely to see if they are legit. I will only say this and it’s not a shot at the players but if that was the offensive and defensive players of the year then the Bull Run might be a smidge overhyped. Numbers don’t lie and Nice had damn near 300 by himself all while shutting down the Eagles offense. Just saying that if that is the best individual players off of one of the top teams then fencepatrol is probably spot on.

Last edited:
Reactions: VAHoops1
Bump

terrible offense, terrible system, boring, predictable

Get the Manassas Parks off the schedule and play somebody.
Sherando, Handley, Millbrook, James Wood all within 10/12 miles
We used to play Handley and Millbrook. Been a while since James Wood. Dunno about Sherando. All of them are 4A though.

Draft will beat Central by 14+. Central lost to Clarke 13-7. Falcons didn’t have one of their best players both ways in Daughtery but I don’t think he will make up the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT