ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching updates

• Thread starter anon_y7v0wv40itxop
  • Start date
A

anon_y7v0wv40itxop

Does anybody have any news for Amherst, William Byrd, Staunton River, Fort Chiswell, Gate City, Powhatan? I'm sure I'm missing a few.
Is Edwards headed to William Byrd or will it be another Salem assistant?

I know Edwards is a WB alumni and all but other than that, IDK what the motivation would be to take that job. FC pays more than Roanoke County and he has already established his mark on that program. He has a lot of returners from. 6-4 team that made it to the second round of the playoffs.

I know Edwards is a WB alumni and all but other than that, IDK what the motivation would be to take that job. FC pays more than Roanoke County and he has already established his mark on that program. He has a lot of returners from. 6-4 team that made it to the second round of the playoffs.
WB didn’t have a jv team last year, they may deter some.

Reactions: VolNation85
It is incredible to me that they did not have a JV team and they were at 4A numbers. Certainly there are good reasons for that. Are there any other potential candidates for this job?

It is incredible to me that they did not have a JV team and they were at 4A numbers. Certainly there are good reasons for that. Are there any other potential candidates for this job?
Kids seem to not like Highfill’s style of coaching. Turned many kids away from playing

RE Lee coach Girilomo resigned and has taken the Battlefield job

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNation85
Odd. I thought that's what kids prefer these days?
He was the offensive coordinator at Liberty bealeton and ran the spread as well. With him going to a larger school he can probably run any offense he wants

Odd. I thought that's what kids prefer these days?
Girlirmo runs spread. I think you were asking about Highfill and Byrd. He always ran a traditional I-formation with a sprinkle of 2 back power from the gun

He was the offensive coordinator at Liberty bealeton and ran the spread as well. With him going to a larger school he can probably run any offense he wants

One thing I really remember about Girolmo is that he runs really whatever he needs to run to make his kids successful. I think his main identity is spread, but I remember when he was OC at Liberty and they had that massive line (2014?) that he made up a jumbo, diamond/double wing-type formation where they just lined up and dared you to stop it. I'll be interested to see how he does at Battlefield.

Reactions: OCBoy
One thing I really remember about Girolmo is that he runs really whatever he needs to run to make his kids successful. I think his main identity is spread, but I remember when he was OC at Liberty and they had that massive line (2014?) that he made up a jumbo, diamond/double wing-type formation where they just lined up and dared you to stop it. I'll be interested to see how he does at Battlefield.
Size definitely won’t be an issue at Battlefield

Reactions: GoKRCougs
Parents and administration are the Achilles Heel at Battlefield.
I've heard the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, that's why Cox resigned the first time around, the parents ran off the last guy (apparently they weren't happy with HOW the team won), and that's why Cox is resigning now. I've heard Cox only has a couple of years until he can retire from teaching, and he'd rather spend those in peace.

I've heard the same thing. If I'm not mistaken, that's why Cox resigned the first time around, the parents ran off the last guy (apparently they weren't happy with HOW the team won), and that's why Cox is resigning now. I've heard Cox only has a couple of years until he can retire from teaching, and he'd rather spend those in peace.
The coach they ran off went to Woodson and look what they did this year

6A Patriot was filled by the Liberty Bealeton coach. There was an article in insidenova. Two close friends will be at rival schools Patriot and Battlefield

6A Patriot was filled by the Liberty Bealeton coach. There was an article in insidenova. Two close friends will be at rival schools Patriot and Battlefield
What happened to former Patriot coach?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT