ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Heights at Dinwiddie, Friday Night Past

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Two interesting things occurred during kickoffs.

The first one was when the CH receiving team all fell back and converged on their player receiving the ball. As they briefly congregated, and then broke off in multiple smaller groups, it was nearly impossible to tell who had the ball. Fortunately, (for Dinwiddie anyway), the kicking team spied the actual runner, and his gain was limited. I guess this play has a nickname? It was really neat to watch.

The other special teams play that really stood out was made by Dinwiddie's #8, Tyrese Hawkins. Dinwiddie kicked off, and CH made a basic "wedge" in front of the player receiving the ball. Tyrese hit the poor kid that was in the center of the wedge and sent him flying backwards, and proceeded to make a solo tackle on the ball carrier. You gotta love a kid playing like that.

Reactions: wahoogen20
I taught Tyrese in middle school. Kid has always been a freakish athlete. Ran into some issues but I love the way he has bounced back and stuck with football! He is just another athlete that other teams have to deal with! All the country boys are so special and it’s great to see the boys I taught when they were younger becoming so successful on and off the field! You are right, he busted up the wedge! Was a great individual effort! He has been doing a great job on the special teams all year. He is usually the first one down and very rarely misses the tackle. Kid can play receiver too! Proud I’m sure you already know that! any word on #6?

#6 will be fine. I expect him to be in uniform this week in case he is needed. But another week, to just be sure is probably what the plan is.

Reactions: wahoogen20
I heard the CH coaching staff has former Dinwiddie coaches this year and they actually won a couple games

I heard the CH coaching staff has former Dinwiddie coaches this year and they actually won a couple games
Well HC "Buzz" Edwards was a long time Dinwiddie assistant. I think another assistant at CH may have been at Dinwiddie before but not sure about that. They won their first three games. All against good out of district competition. But then...! CH has a tough task in Central District play. They play Class 3 Petersburg and Hopewell, Class 4 Dinwiddie, the rest are Class 5 or 6. They did opt out of playing Class 6 Thomas Dale, and picked up Appomattox instead. Ouch!

He was in the county. I didn’t have the pleasure of having him in my class. I did have a lot of interaction with him though. Jasiah is a special kid! He is a brilliant kid! So smart , polite, and well spoken! I knew he was going to be something special in the eighth grade. Kid could do it all! Baseball, floor hockey, lacrosse, soccer! It didn’t matter what sport we did, Jasiah would excel at all of them! His athleticism is through the roof! He is going to do big things whatever he decides to do! He’s another one of the Country Boys that has that million dollar smile! Always yes sir no sir! Jasiah has “IT” no doubt about it! I teach PE....it’s a good gig! Funny story I remember Sadarius Williams #1 running back from the 2013 State championship team came to Dinwiddie in the 7th grade. We were at the old middle school at the time. It’s the end of class and we blow the whistle to get dressed and get ready to switch classes. Kid walks up to the rim and jumps up and grabs it no problem! I looked at one of the varsity coaches at the time (he’s a pe teacher as well) and he said who is that!!! It was Sadarius. The rest is history! That kid was a stud! His calf muscles in the seventh grade were scary!!

He was in the county. I didn’t have the pleasure of having him in my class. I did have a lot of interaction with him though. Jasiah is a special kid! He is a brilliant kid! So smart , polite, and well spoken! I knew he was going to be something special in the eighth grade. Kid could do it all! Baseball, floor hockey, lacrosse, soccer! It didn’t matter what sport we did, Jasiah would excel at all of them! His athleticism is through the roof! He is going to do big things whatever he decides to do! He’s another one of the Country Boys that has that million dollar smile! Always yes sir no sir! Jasiah has “IT” no doubt about it! I teach PE....it’s a good gig! Funny story I remember Sadarius Williams #1 running back from the 2013 State championship team came to Dinwiddie in the 7th grade. We were at the old middle school at the time. It’s the end of class and we blow the whistle to get dressed and get ready to switch classes. Kid walks up to the rim and jumps up and grabs it no problem! I looked at one of the varsity coaches at the time (he’s a pe teacher as well) and he said who is that!!! It was Sadarius. The rest is history! That kid was a stud! His calf muscles in the seventh grade were scary!!
Keep doing your thing bro! Proud of you! Keep on mentoring these young men and lead them right! We need more of you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT