ADVERTISEMENT

CONGRATULATIONS Coach Mark Wheeler

Mike777VSP

VaPreps Rookie
Feb 21, 2010
Parry McCluer Head Coach Mark Wheeler has retired from his position as Head Football Coach. Thankfully Mark will continue on at his position at PM as Guidance Counselor. Many thanks to Coach Wheeler and his staff!

PM will now be looking for a new head Coach, good group of young men returning!

Best of luck to Mark moving forward. Had some interesting teams during his time there. Never top squads, but far far from pushovers. Always put on a good show. Pulled some good upsets and had that high scoring blast vs. William Campbell a few years back.

Any leads on replacements?

I would have replied earlier but the cult got me banned.

Best of luck to Mark moving forward. Had some interesting teams during his time there. Never top squads, but far far from pushovers. Always put on a good show. Pulled some good upsets and had that high scoring blast vs. William Campbell a few years back.

ITS GETTING OLD!!!! So tired of CANCEL Culture OUR way or NO way society!!!

I talked to Miss Cobb today and she said that they had 7 people on list. I hope we hire a GOOD coach and one that is not afraid to try different things.

I’m sure Jake Baker will do a great job. He has 12 losing seasons in 18 years as a head coach, with 3-4 playoff wins. Great pick PM!

Allegheny when they were in the Blue Ridge District is a tough place to win. Rustburg is one of the smallest teams in the Seminole District. That's a hard place to win as well. In 2016 Rustburg had a 10-3 record which was its best season since winning states in 2000. That team was loaded. If PM has the athletes like they usually do, he'll win quite a few games. He gets the best out of what he has.

Allegheny when they were in the Blue Ridge District is a tough place to win. Rustburg is one of the smallest teams in the Seminole District. That's a hard place to win as well. In 2016 Rustburg had a 10-3 record which was its best season since winning states in 2000. That team was loaded. If PM has the athletes like they usually do, he'll win quite a few games. He gets the best out of what he has.
PM will lose quite a bit this coming year. If he likes to pass as much as I heard he does, he better develop a qb quick fast and in a hurry. Hopefully an "outsider" coming in will work better than the last one many years ago. I think he lasted 2 years if that. I have friends that know Baker and they all talk very well of him so hopefully he can build. First 3 games of the season are killer though (Rockbridge, Riverheads, and Buffalo Gap). Time will tell. Wish him the best!

Reactions: lyhsports
PM will lose quite a bit this coming year. If he likes to pass as much as I heard he does, he better develop a qb quick fast and in a hurry. Hopefully an "outsider" coming in will work better than the last one many years ago. I think he lasted 2 years if that. I have friends that know Baker and they all talk very well of him so hopefully he can build. First 3 games of the season are killer though (Rockbridge, Riverheads, and Buffalo Gap). Time will tell. Wish him the best!
Ouch that a tough first three games. He'll have em right long term no doubt.

I think your schedule is wrong. It’s Rockbridge, Riverheads and James River. Not Gap

I think your schedule is wrong. It’s Rockbridge, Riverheads and James River. Not Gap
Mike, What do u think of the choice? I like the choice because he has head coaching experience, also he will be his own man. I met him the other day and Nathan coaches his nephew. I hope u are getting alone fine after your ordeal.

Reactions: mmqp 4.0
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT