ADVERTISEMENT

Cosby vs Langley

AntGZee

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2015
Kinda boring game so far. I think Princess Anne would beat both teams in the same day. I hope some excitement comes from this game. Ok, it looks like it's about to pick up.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I would love to see Princess Anne play Millbrook girls.

#13 for Cosby is a beast. Pizzzzza, Millbrook is good but I think Princess Anne would beat them to death.

Reactions: OCBoy
#13 for Cosby is a beast. Pizzzzza, Millbrook is good but I think Princess Anne would beat them to death.

The thing that impresses me about Princess Anne is how the coach doesn't mind yanking out any player after a bad play - and they are so deep and talented they don't miss a beat.

They have 3 Division 1 players this season - announcer said probably 4 more future Division 1 players on the bench.

They just keep reloading - unbelievable.

I just hope another program can come along and challenge them, before they become like another UConn womens team.

Wow - doesn't anyone even comment on this board for 6A?

There's a great South County team cutting down the net.......

And that big guy with the blue hair is outstanding.

Really tough loss for Langley, their last four games were all decided by one or two points and this time it went against them. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep their run going.

Princess Anne is surely the top girls team, that's nothing new. Edison gave it a good shot today. The six-class setup has taken away a lot of good girls matchups.

Seen a lot of South County's playoff games and been really impressed at how they rarely take bad shots. Three straight championships for Fairfax County, who'd have imagined it?

Reactions: AntGZee
I was very impressed by South County. Those guys played well together. They didn't make many silly plays like I've seen teams do in the past. They passed very well and made the most of their shot attempts. Congrats to the Stallions.

Cosby No, Monacan, I'm not so sure. Princess Anne vs Monacan would be worth the price of admission and then some. Godiva Hubbard vs Megan Walker!!!! They mos def two of the best to come thru Va.

But Monacan really got lucky last year when they pulled out that win vs King's Fork in the finals.

It took a miracle effort in the 4th quarter by Walker to win that one!

Pizzzzza, I'll be honest with you. The refs called all those crazy tic tac fouls on Jaiden Morris and she was a non factor. She fouled out. You know I had no dawg in that RACE but that game was extremely poorly officiated. It was terrible. Had Morris played the whole game, it wouldn't have been close. Monacan lucky, I beg to differ. My word would be fortunate. Hard to win playing against 8 people. Of course this is my opinion.

It would have been a great AAA girls tournament under the old system last year.

Eastern: Princess Anne, King's Fork
Central: Monacan, Highland Springs
Northern: Oakton, Langley or Edison
Northwest: Colonial Forge, Woodbridge

Three classes worth of finalists under the current system...

It would have been a great AAA girls tournament under the old system last year.

Eastern: Princess Anne, King's Fork
Central: Monacan, Highland Springs
Northern: Oakton, Langley or Edison
Northwest: Colonial Forge, Woodbridge

Three classes worth of finalists under the current system...
The last 5 years would have had classic Central Region girls tournaments. 2015, for example. Cosby and Monacan won state championships under the new system, Bird and Midlothian were state runners-up, and an undefeated Highland Springs would have been in that 2015 Central Region tournament as Capital District champions. And if I remember correctly, Huguenot went to the 3A state semifinals that season as well. Would have been great...

Last edited:
Reactions: pizzzzza
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT