ADVERTISEMENT

Could be Northern Neck's year in Soccer

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
The Region A, B, C, and D Class 1A boy's soccer playoffs begin this week.

For Region A, it is Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I predict that the Rappahannock Raiders (under Coach Clary) will win Region A, knock off the Region B winner, and battle the C/D winner for the state title.

If Rapp can pull it off (which, I would say, they have good odds), it will be the first time a Northern Neck (or Tidewater) team finally wins it all.

The two Region A districts have produced some great teams and programs over the years and now may finally be their time.

Out West - Galax and Auburn have been very strong recently (Galax for many years) so we shall see. Auburn shocked Rappahannock in States last time around.

Oh, the Washington and Lee Eagles of the NND (long skippered by Coach RJ Sudduth - last of the old timers) is also in the running and may meet the Raiders for the Region A title.

W&L and Rapp tied each other twice I believe....

Only one team from each region goes to States this year. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
2021 Region A Boy's Soccer playoff seeds -

1- Rappahannock
2-Middlesex
3-Washington and Lee'
4-Northampton
5-Mathews
6-Northumberland
7-West Point
8-Lancaster

Region C and D Finals

Region C Boys
Galax 1 - 0 George Wythe

Region C Girls
Eastern Montgomery 10 - 0 Auburn

Region D Boys
Honaker 7 - 0 Rural Retreat

Galax Boys and Eastern Montgomery Girls both play at Honaker on Monday for the State Semi-final between Region C/D

Reactions: uvacavs1
Region C and D Finals

Region C Boys
Galax 1 - 0 George Wythe

Region C Girls
Eastern Montgomery 10 - 0 Auburn

Region D Boys
Honaker 7 - 0 Rural Retreat

Galax Boys and Eastern Montgomery Girls both play at Honaker on Monday for the State Semi-final between Region C/D
Thanks Ted Lasso for the west update.

Washington and Lee Eagles v Rappahannock Raiders

All NND Region A Boys Soccer Championship at Rappahannock High School.

Friday at 5 pm

Looks like Appomattox Regional Governor's School won Region B in boys soccer.

Reactions: uvacavs1
Rappahannock won the Region A Soccer Championship tonight in a hard fought battle with NND rival W&L.

The Raiders won 2-0.

The Eagles gave the the Raiders all they wanted and the score was still 0-0 at the half. In fact, Rappahannock did not break through the tough W&L D until about 18 minutes left in the 2nd half, scoring on the always dangerous corner kick opportunity. Rapp put in the insurance goal with a little under 5 minutes to go.

Congrats to W&L Coach RJ Sudduth and his Eagle program on a strong effort and season.

Big congrats to the Raiders and Coach Clary (who enjoyed a cold, full on Gatorade bath).

Rappahannock travels this Monday to play the Region B Champion - Appomattox Regional Governor’s School. Game time is at 6 pm.

The winner of this A/B State Semis Soccer battle gets to host the State Championship on Wednesday….

Rappahannock won over Appomattox Regional Governor's School 6-0 to advance to the State Championship. It was 3-0 at the half.

The event was played at the Dinwiddie Sports Complex. I must say ARGS were wonderful hosts. I don't think I have ever heard an announcer so friendly to opposing fans.

Well done to the Raiders who will make their second appearance in the State Championship - round two v Galax.

This time the Raiders are looking for a much more favorable outcome (and I think and predict that they will get it this time around....).

Should be exciting.

Reactions: WP02alum
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT