ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland 48 James Monroe 6

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
What a statement by the Cougars, bounced back in a huge way. When is the last time Courtland beat JM this badly, if ever?

Reactions: gwb16
What a statement by the Cougars, bounced back in a huge way. When is the last time Courtland beat JM this badly, if ever?
Not to my recollection. As Courtland performed last week, JM performed this week. Each got a kick in the ass they both needed. Grant it, the Cougars were angry and took it out on JM. They simply played as they were capable for the first time all year. Two very strong playoff contenders that will be ready. Courtland will play strong but it seems unlikely they can get through everything the East will bring to the table. Now, with 3A as it is, don't be surprised to see JM in the final again. Tonight's game is not indicative of how good they are.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Not to my recollection. As Courtland performed last week, JM performed this week. Each got a kick in the ass they both needed. Grant it, the Cougars were angry and took it out on JM. They simply played as they were capable for the first time all year. Two very strong playoff contenders that will be ready. Courtland will play strong but it seems unlikely they can get through everything the East will bring to the table. Now, with 3A as it is, don't be surprised to see JM in the final again. Tonight's game is not indicative of how good they are.
Courtland sent a nice message. Don't put JM in the championship just yet. Good team, but Phoebus and a really good Hopewell team (beat Thonas Dale tonight) whose only losses have come against Dinwiddie and Hanover will give them all they want. Respect JM. Class act team and coaching staff.

Courtland sent a nice message. Shanti, don't put JM in the championship just yet. Good team, but Phoebus and a really good Hopewell team (beat Thonas Dale tonight) whose only losses have come against Dinwiddie and Hanover will give them all they want. Respect JM. Class act team and coaching staff.

Did JM even show up or was it their field hockey team that scored the 6?
I watched the live stream of this game. The Jackets did get a little down during the game. Never saw that before. Another thing I was shocked at was the JM OLine. They are huge and have had a lot of success running the ball this season because of it but Courtland was shoving them into their own backfield all night. I also expected JM to throw more based on recent success when the run wasn't working as well as expected. That didn't happen either.

I really think what happened here was the after math of last week's KG game. Kind of like when VT beat Ohio Sate last year or JMU defeated VT in 2011. No way it should have happened, but it did. It wasn't that JM is not as good a team as previously thought. They are very good and will advance significantly in the 3A playoffs. The Jackets just met a wounded animal and ran into a buzz saw that let loose with both barrels. Few teams in the State could have beaten the Cougars last night. Of course, like any team, next week is another story.

Courtland whipped us - that's the only way to describe it. Congratulations to the Cougars on a great game. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, Have a good one!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT