ADVERTISEMENT

Courtland installing Boise State blue turf field

courtlandcougars1987

VaPreps Rookie
Jun 12, 2015
Courtland as well as all Spotsy schools switching over to turf fields. Courtland with permission from Boise State will install a new Boise blue turf field prior to start of next season. All other county schools to be completed by 2021.I am not sure what to think of this? Depending on the design of the field such as large Cougar paw in middle and endzone lettering, just might look nice?? What does others think?

Just because it's you posting this, I expect nothing to happen. Let's wait for the official news, unless you have a link to the story.

Reactions: OCBoy
Courtland as well as all Spotsy schools switching over to turf fields. Courtland with permission from Boise State will install a new Boise blue turf field prior to start of next season. All other county schools to be completed by 2021.I am not sure what to think of this? Depending on the design of the field such as large Cougar paw in middle and endzone lettering, just might look nice?? What does others think?
Where you hear or see this?

Was in Freelance lance star paper couple days ago. Sootsy county has been pondering going this route since 2014 and decided to move forward with Courtland getting the first upgrade.

AD Ronnie Lowman Advised me of this before the season started. He said they had to do a lot of paper work for this to happen with permission from Boise St on what they can and not do on the field.

Just to have your own field is a huge plus. Down here sharing with two other teams totally sucks! Scheduling problems not only with 2 other football teams but other HS activities reserving the field . Also no team logo allowed anywhere - endzones or center. It’s you home field, but not really, a county facility.

Just to have your own field is a huge plus. Down here sharing with two other teams totally sucks! Scheduling problems not only with 2 other football teams but other HS activities reserving the field . Also no team logo allowed anywhere - endzones or center. It’s you home field, but not really, a county facility.
How do all 3 teams get 5 home games in? Do you play Saturdays sometimes?

How do all 3 teams get 5 home games in? Do you play Saturdays sometimes?

A lot of Thursday nite games. All the coaches hate Saturday games. But our Poquoson game later this month ( biggest Bay Rivers game of the year) is Saturday afternoon! Why? That football juggernaut Jamestown has the Friday spot and a band competition has the Thursday locked up at Wanner Stadium. Pure nonsense. Should have used our old grass Cooley Field that is still in fine shape though smaller stands.

Reactions: gwb16
This is a big plus and will look very nice for the Battlefield teams. Only teams without turf will be EV, JM and Caroline. Imo I’ll take a well taken care of grass field over turf. If any team had a field as nice as Louisa’s I don’t think there’s a need for turf. I suspect the commonwealth district will follow suit. Colonial Forge and North Stafford are the only teams without turf after Massaponax and Riverbend adds it

Reactions: hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT