ADVERTISEMENT

D4 Playoffs

Oct 27, 2014
So is it

1. Fuqua
2. RC
3. BSH/KF if BSH wins
4. KF/BSH if BSH loses ?

Does this seem right based on scenarios above?

Tough to say.. BSH needs blue ridge to win and that did not happen. No ones dominos fell 100% into place. I think we are all waiting to find out

The VISAA D4 scenarios post says

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isle of Wight can clinch the #4 seed IF:

1a.) Fuqua DEFEATS OR TIES Broadwater OR

which indicates Isle of Wight is already in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also says a win by Blessed Sacrament gets them in. A loss by Blessed Sacrament puts Kenston Forest in.

This post was edited on 10/31 11:24 PM by wgarlick

I think KF is 3rd with 4.33 and BSH is 4th with 4.3 IWA and Broadwater should be 4.22 with the KF win point. BSh has 2 from Atlantic Shores and 2 from Sullivan and 1 from Kenston so they should be 4.3 even if they lose to Trinity

But for IWA to get in they also needed Kenston Forest to lose which did not happen. So IWA is out. They way I read it is that either 1a or 1b then 2,3,4.

Finally getting home after that tough loss to Fuqua here is what I got..

As of now
Fuqua 8.80
Roanoke Cath 6.10
BSH 4.67 (but they play Saturday)
Kenston Forest 4.33
IWA 4.22
Broadwater 4.22

IF BSH WINS this is what I got
1. Fuqua 8.90
2. RC 6.10
3. BSH 5.60
4. KF 4.33

IF BSH LOSES this is what I got
1. Fuqua 8.80
2. RC 6.10
3. KF 4.33
4. IWA 4.22 (H2H tiebreaker over BA)
-------------------------
5. Broadwater 4.22
6. BSH 4.20

Good luck to those team in the playoffs...

Re: I think VaHSfbfan is right...

I think that's right. The worst BSH can do is 4.30. IWA's point-collection is done and they're at 4.22. Kenston's point-collection is done at 4.44. So it looks like BSH and Kenston have clinched, Isle of Wight and Broadwater are out, tied at 4.22, and the BSH-Trinity game should decide whether BSH or Kenston is the #3 seed.

The scenario Will quoted should probably have had the either/or scenarios at the bottom. Those bottom three scenarios were not optional just because Fuqua beat Broadwater. They needed one or the other of those results (Fuqua beating or tying Broadwater OR Trinity beating or tying BSH) AND all three of the other results (STAB beating or tying Blue Ridge, NA beating or tying Bishop Sulivan, AND Roanoke Catholic beating or tying Kenston Forest).

IWA needed all three of those results to keep BSH from getting too many points. Since BSH got the bonus point from Bishop Sullivan beating Norfolk Academy, it looks like BSH is out of IWA's reach. And with Kenston beating Roanoke Catholic and reaping the huge point-reward there, they are also out of IWA's reach.

That's the most sense I can make of it until we see the final ratings.

Here are my final numbers...

1.Fuqua 8.80
2.RC 6.10
3.KF 4.33
4.BSH 4.30
----------------------------
5.IWA 4.22
6.BA 4.22

Good Luck to the final four teams..

And on a sad note to the seniors at Broadwater if they played Brunswick and won (instead of winning by forfeit) would've qualified for the playoffs with a rating of 4.33..

Can KF pull off the shocker again and upset RC?
Can BSH make it a 6pack?

This post was edited on 11/2 9:30 PM by mppalmer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT