ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie 42 Hopewell 0

56-0 Dinwiddie another pick six.

Hey BleedingNavy and DinwiddieProud are those Generals any good? Just kidding! I know that answer. They beating playoff teams like that this early...Wow!! Enjoy your season guys! If it's like 2013 then you're gonna have alot to be proud of in Dinwiddie County!!!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
My God!! Dinwiddie what a night...
They are not suppose to be ahead 63-0 against a team like Hopewell.
Is this the best team Dinwiddie has ever fielded?
That is just ridiculous!
Looking forward to the seeing them against Dale and Meadowbrook but looks like they are going to cruise to 10-0.

One game at a time, as you know. Are they better than 2013? TBD! But the team chemistry is definitely there, and that was a little missing the last couple of years. There were no problems, it just wasn't at that special level that helps push you over the top. And I give most of the credit to the team leaders. The captains and lieutenants have done a marvelous job of getting every player to buy into what it takes to do something special.

If you look at our game stats you will see that there is no single player that jumps out at you. Sure, QB Bryce Witt had a great game week before last, but the game before that he only threw a few times for a little over 100 yards.

Peer pressure has kept all the egos in check. That is something the coaches try to do, but when your fellow players police themselves, that is a whole different deal.

I saw a couple of incidents at out summer practice camp that hinted at this team chemistry. The first team offenses were going at each other in a controlled "play after play" situation. Witt was to keep the ball and go off tackle. The play bottled up and there was no tackling to the ground. Pope wrapped up Witt, and as the play was finishing, Pope kept trying to knock the ball out of Bryce's hands. Bryce had had enough and shoved Pope. All was good as they patted each other's helmet afterwards and went on to the next play. A very simple and suttle thing, but that was indicative of the intensity.

The second thing was when the offenses and defense's were going at it in a controlled scrimmage. You would have though it was the state championship game. They were knocking the crap out of each other, trash talking, and KEEPING SCORE with some modified system of yards achieved. etc. The excitement was palatable, even in the subs standing along the sidelines. And the celebration after it ended was real. (The defense won).

The kids are genuinely good friends on and off the field. They universally agreed that there was no room for cliques and egos. And the results are showing. The talent is usually there every year. Sure it fluctuates some, but all good programs develop talent year in year out. What it comes down to is the intangibles such as team chemistry. So far, so good.

My God!! Dinwiddie what a night...
They are not suppose to be ahead 63-0 against a team like Hopewell.
Is this the best team Dinwiddie has ever fielded?
That is just ridiculous!
Looking forward to the seeing them against Dale and Meadowbrook but looks like they are going to cruise to 10-0.
We need to worry about Matoaca and thats it. Thomas Dale will be a very tough game. We have lost two straight to the Knights and the games are always close. Dont think the kids or coaches are looking past anyone. They are extremely focussed and will leave the crowing to the fans.

Sure i hear you on the one game at a time thing... Very true!

At the same time, at this point they should be brimming with confidence for sure!

Sure i hear you on the one game at a time thing... Very true!

At the same time, at this point they should be brimming with confidence for sure!
Mbonape, arent you a Monacan or Manchester fan? Both of those teams are playing well. I never enjoy playing Monacan. The systems are too similar and the coaches seem to know what the other is thinking. We have split with Monacan the last two games and both were nail biters.

Yeah I am a monacan fan.. We have a great qb and tailback is pretty good too..

I though dinwiddie stole that one last year against us but this year the way dinwiddie is looking Yikes..

Monacan's program is on the rise though.. Should be good match ups for years too come.

We honestly could have scored close to 100 points a game so far this year if we didnt have our starters out at half time but our opponets thus far are not good teams at all..

We will see what happens against bird in Friday

I just started listening to Fox Sports 1340 AM's radio steam of this game on YouTube and they said Hopewell has a couple of starting offensive linemen out hurt.

I think hopewell had a terrible night and dinwiddie had everything clicking..

But regardless dinwiddie has got to be one of if not the best team in the region.. For a D4 team thats saying alot.

Manchester is legit as well.. Undefeated and they played a tough schedule.

Central region will represent us well when states come around.

I dont know about two being injured. I was told by a reliable source that one guard was suspended. The remaining four starting lineman from the beginning of the season played. I guess an original starter may have lost his job and could have been playing, because someone was injured. I dont think one lineman would have made a difference. Their announcers are quite humorous and sometimes see things through rose colored glasses. I guess I would be to. Its kind of hard to visualize the real deal through a radio broadcast, but maybe some can.

If your statement is subliminally attempting to discount the win so be it. A win is a win. Please feel free to read the unbiased Va Preps article written by Danny Lewis. It may suit your underlying concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
No, not discounting anything, don't start that again. I mentioned it because no one else has, and no Hopewell fans post.

All this talk about dinwiddie they better go undefeated bc from what is being said by bleedingnavy they have the best team to ever play the game. I have not seen them play but so far besides hopewell who is a little better than average team they have not played anybody. It's too early to make anyone out to be the best around. I always said Do your talking in December not in September

BN has every reason to be excited. Dinwiddie has all the pieces to win it all, and he knows and has seen what it takes to get there. They have a legit defense, a good passing attack with stud receivers, and a good running game, although it hasn't been tested against a good run defense YET.

All this talk about dinwiddie they better go undefeated bc from what is being said by bleedingnavy they have the best team to ever play the game. I have not seen them play but so far besides hopewell who is a little better than average team they have not played anybody. It's too early to make anyone out to be the best around. I always said Do your talking in December not in September
Please quote where I have once said they anything about Dinwiddie being unbeatable or the possible state champ. I have repeatedly said "one game at a time" and given credit to every other team in the state. You really must not follow anything I write. "I am starting to believe in this team", " We have Matoaca and Thomas Dale coming up and they both beat us last year". I may be wrong, but that does not sound like boasting to me. Scout you are just trying to start stuff.

I get it now a Hanover Hawk man. That explains it. Maybe, you should ask Your quarterback how humble I am.

Last edited:
BN has every reason to be excited. Dinwiddie has all the pieces to win it all, and he knows and has seen what it takes to get there. They have a legit defense, a good passing attack with stud receivers, and a good running game, although it hasn't been tested against a good run defense YET.
Thanks Hoos. You get this kind of message often, so you know. Scouts first football post. If he looked up my previous post he would see that I showed concern not confidence. Maybe he misconstrued my "real deal" comment. I was talking about not being able to see how poorly Hopewell was moving the ball. Strange how Hopewell went from being a state semi-finalist with most players returning, pre-season #1 to an average team. I am sure if every AD in the state could predict who was going to be good every year nobody would have a bad schedule. 3 of our first 4 opponents went deep in the playoffs last year. Wonder who Mr. Scout wants us to play.

You should stick with baseball related posts Scout. If you think BleedingNavy has proclaimed Dinwiddie as the champ from his posts, your reading comprehension is seriously flawed. BN has been saying one game at a time all season.

Don't get too sensitive guys..I was mistaken about one of the posts I thought bleedingnavy wrote but it was someone else talking about "the best show in Va" and they were going to cruise to 10-0 this year. The reason I say anything at all is because the players themselves read this stuff and it's hard for a 16-17 yr old kid to not get cocky by reading how good they are. I've always said that social media can ruin a very athletic kid or team because they begin to expect to win no matter what they do. I tell kids all the time work hard and let your record talk, if your good enough, you won't have to tell anyone bc they will already know.

We will give you a pass this time Scout. But if there is one common thread amounst Dinwiddie posters it is humility. If one stepped out of line, you better believe one of us would call him on it. We have been at the top, and we have been at the bottom. And everywhere in between. If we didn't learn anything else over the years, we learned painfully how quickly high expectations can vanish.

So, no harm no foul.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Don't get too sensitive guys..I was mistaken about one of the posts I thought bleedingnavy wrote but it was someone else talking about "the best show in Va" and they were going to cruise to 10-0 this year. The reason I say anything at all is because the players themselves read this stuff and it's hard for a 16-17 yr old kid to not get cocky by reading how good they are. I've always said that social media can ruin a very athletic kid or team because they begin to expect to win no matter what they do. I tell kids all the time work hard and let your record talk, if your good enough, you won't have to tell anyone bc they will already know.
I think that may have been Shauntclair, and Dinwiddie is certainly capable of doing so. I think fans usually recoil when they read someone make such claims 4 games in. I'm not a fan of proclamations myself, humility suits me better. I've learned the hard way that proclamations and smack talk don't feel so good when your team loses.

it was actually wahoogen that had the post "come one come all to the navy nation show" I read that and mistakend that for bleedingnavy...shouldn't have said anything anyways I normally never do,but I don't like trash talking especially when the teams you have played have combined for a 6-10 record this year, no matter what they did last year

it was actually wahoogen that had the post "come one come all to the navy nation show" I read that and mistakend that for bleedingnavy...shouldn't have said anything anyways I normally never do,but I don't like trash talking especially when the teams you have played have combined for a 6-10 record this year, no matter what they did last year
Since I was the offended one lets just let it go. Everybody has a right to their opinions and you have made some good points.

Thank the rest of you for the support. It means a lot.

Scout, although I am tormented by my General friends I am a fan of your Hanover Hawks. I like the way they play and Cheatham is a great kid. Obviously, you know they lost two very good players to injury and are having trouble stopping the run. Hope they get on a roll soon.

The following is a message I sent to our players via Twitter. "Impressive win last night. Dont buy into the hype. Keep working hard for the team and yourself". Now that is what BleedingNavy stands for. Have a blessed evening all.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Trust me Scout, I make it make it my life's work to torment BN. Only because he deserves it. It's called "pay back". (But I love the man). And yes, I too am a fan of Clayton.

I think that may have been Shauntclair, and Dinwiddie is certainly capable of doing so. I think fans usually recoil when they read someone make such claims 4 games in. I'm not a fan of proclamations myself, humility suits me better. I've learned the hard way that proclamations and smack talk don't feel so good when your team loses.
Don't piss me off here. I have said the 4A State Champ will be Dinwiddie but I never said 10 - 0. A loss means little to me. Frankly, I hope they are challenged. It's better for them. Mills can build on that. But I do not take a step away from the Generals as State Champ. That is not smack talk.

The offense is good. They have talent and can score points. That's a good thing. But I have said it many times already this year and it's worth repeating so there is no mistake of my opinion for THIS year's teams. Trying to run an offense against this year's Generals defense is like trying to carry water with a colander.

I don't see that as smack talk and I don't throw this kind of stuff out there like that. This is just where we are in 2016. I actually feel bad for other teams in that they have State Championship caliber squads. But, I've I've also said many times, it's not how good you are, it's how good is the other guy. This year, it's Dinwiddie.

I have cancelled my subscription to Rivals. I will not post picks. I had no intention to post any longer but I did not like this one and I'm paid up till next July so WTF (no refunds by the way). I can no longer support HS Football because it hurts kids.

General fans thank you for your optimism and belief Shanti. This thread has gotten all turned around by misquotes, so lets just let it go.

Sorry you feel that way about football. If they did stop football it would reduce the number of trauma based injuries suffered by cheerleaders.

According to NFHS cheerleaders and soccer players suffer the highest percentage of head (trauma) related injuries. I read a recent article that did not support major problems resulting from concussion syndrome in high school players.

Sure, suffering a concussion is bad for anyone, but most cases of concussion syndrome are a result of many years of head trauma. Yes, football is dangerous, but so are many other leisure sports to include: x game sports (skate boarding, skiing, biking). In fact, based on the percentages of participants football is way down the list.

I am not being sarcastic or cynical, but what should we have our kids do. Set on the couch all day. The hardest part of my job is reducing idleness. Other than poverty, poor use of free time and the lack of structure is the top two causes of delinquency.

Reactions: gwb16
Scout I never said they were gonna go 10-0! I was not doing any trash talking either! I was simply stating in my opinion that the country boys were the best show in VA and was inviting everyone! The show starts at 7:30 every Friday! Just having a little fun! Get your popcorn ready......

Reactions: gwb16
You never know, there might be a Battle of the Country Boys in The Jungle looming. I can already tell that's what our radio guys would call it. It would have a nice ring to it.

Don't piss me off here. I have said the 4A State Champ will be Dinwiddie but I never said 10 - 0. A loss means little to me. Frankly, I hope they are challenged. It's better for them. Mills can build on that. But I do not take a step away from the Generals as State Champ. That is not smack talk.

The offense is good. They have talent and can score points. That's a good thing. But I have said it many times already this year and it's worth repeating so there is no mistake of my opinion for THIS year's teams. Trying to run an offense against this year's Generals defense is like trying to carry water with a colander.

I don't see that as smack talk and I don't throw this kind of stuff out there like that. This is just where we are in 2016. I actually feel bad for other teams in that they have State Championship caliber squads. But, I've I've also said many times, it's not how good you are, it's how good is the other guy. This year, it's Dinwiddie.

I have cancelled my subscription to Rivals. I will not post picks. I had no intention to post any longer but I did not like this one and I'm paid up till next July so WTF (no refunds by the way). I can no longer support HS Football because it hurts kids.
Shauntclair, I apologize I misattributed the statements to you instead of wahoogen. You made a general statement about Dinwiddie being the state champions, not necessarily about them being undefeated or anything more. I also improperly used the words smack talk, I should have left it at proclamations. I don't consider what either you or wahoogen said to be smack talk. Some fans cross that line with smack, but neither of you did. I should have stayed out of the conversation as I had no business being in the conversation. Also Dinwiddie looks to be more than capable of fulfilling your statement!

I apologize to you and wahoogen for my mistake. I'm sorry about your decision to stop using Preps. I hope my comments were not the cause.

Shauntclair, I apologize I misattributed the statements to you instead of wahoogen. You made a general statement about Dinwiddie being the state champions, not necessarily about them being undefeated or anything more. I also improperly used the words smack talk, I should have left it at proclamations. I don't consider what either you or wahoogen said to be smack talk. Some fans cross that line with smack, but neither of you did. I should have stayed out of the conversation as I had no business being in the conversation. Also Dinwiddie looks to be more than capable of fulfilling your statement!

I apologize to you and wahoogen for my mistake. I'm sorry about your decision to stop using Preps. I hope my comments were not the cause.
You had nothing to do with it Mike.

People seem to identify concussions with the damage to the brain. It's the collisions. each one traumatizes the brain. So I can no longer support it. HS FB players experience a car crash every day. Multiple times. That's it. It has to stop.

Well, it's 0530. My hero Al Bundy is on. Please be well. You are in my thoughts.

Question. Are you certified to drive a handicapped vehicle and what level of transport do you need? I am not trying to be funny or facetious here.

Hoosfan that would be sweet! But guys im telling you all this is the second coming of the 2013 team. When you play the country boys you better be able to score! They score early and often! Witt have so many weapons at his disposal! Its gonna be a fun ride!

I still laugh at the country boy thing, but yes they are good, and Louisa would be absolutely no match for them. Big difference from elite 4A and pretty good 4A.

Last edited:
Thanks hamspear! Im glad I could give you a laugh this morning. The country boys are bad. I thought the 2013 edition of the country boys were something but these boys (the 2016 edition) are something else! It probably seems like you are playing against 15 guys when you are on offense. They fly around on defense. Offense.....I dont see anyone scoring with them!

Just to put this in prospective, the 2013 Sherando team would have destroyed , (not just beat) every team Sherando has played this year. If this Dinwiddie team is that good, then they will coast to the championship. Now I haven't seen Amherst yet this year or Salem, however if that team is that good , nobody up here has anything for them.

You had nothing to do with it Mike.

People seem to identify concussions with the damage to the brain. It's the collisions. each one traumatizes the brain. So I can no longer support it. HS FB players experience a car crash every day. Multiple times. That's it. It has to stop.

Well, it's 0530. My hero Al Bundy is on. Please be well. You are in my thoughts.

Question. Are you certified to drive a handicapped vehicle and what level of transport do you need? I am not trying to be funny or facetious here.
@shauntclair currently I don't have a van and I'm not sure if I could drive one. Several challenges involved with me trying to drive. 1st I'm limited to one hand, it would be difficult to steer and hand operate the throttle as well. 2nd if I am by myself i wouldn't be able to lock my chair down or unlock it upon arrival.

I'm sure there are other challenges I haven't even considered and I don't know to what level they can adapt to. I'm not sure if they could adapt a van to my needs? (Would be interesting to find out)

I currently use a paratransit service called RADAR that serves part of the area from 6A-8:15P Monday-Saturday. I use them to get to appointments, home games, entertainment, etc... I use a van rental for only special occasions because it's really expensive.

If I had a van I could probably find someone to drive it to away games (RADAR doesn't go to away games in the county and they don't pick up after the game because they stop running at 8:15) RADAR is a good service, but there are limitations on service in regards to time and coverage area.

After seeing the movie Concussion, I cringe everytime I see a hit where players make a very sudden stop because I know their brains keep moving forward into the skull. As we know repeated collisions and impacts is the problem. I don't know how to rationalize it myself, considering I love watching football so much.

Thank you for your thoughts and concern. I wish you well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT