ADVERTISEMENT

Dinwiddie Earns Some Respect in Richmond Tonight

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
Normally, I would say it was just a scrimmage, but when you butt heads with LC Bird its always more than that. They are a perennial power in Class 5 and usually look down their noses at Dinwiddie.

Tonight, my Generals scrimmaged LC Bird and Henrico (also class 5). Dinwiddie took a page out of Birds playbook and ran right at them and defeated both by scores of 10-7 and 10-6. Each team played the other for two full quarters and for the most part the starters played.

Defensively, we did not give up any big plays and did a good job of containing the run. Our K/P T. Anspach had a great game. Averaged 40 yards per punt and kicked field goals of 33 and 41 yards. Sturdivant, Tyree and Little Pope ran well and Little Pope scored from 35 yards out on Henrico.

We were oversized, but not overworked. Very proud of the boys and look forward to next Friday.

Normally, I would say it was just a scrimmage, but when you butt heads with LC Bird its always more than that. They are a perennial power in Class 5 and usually look down their noses at Dinwiddie.

Tonight, my Generals scrimmaged LC Bird and Henrico (also class 5). Dinwiddie took a page out of Birds playbook and ran right at them and defeated both by scores of 10-7 and 10-6. Each team played the other for two full quarters and for the most part the starters played.

Defensively, we did not give up any big plays and did a good job of containing the run. Our K/P T. Anspach had a great game. Averaged 40 yards per punt and kicked field goals of 33 and 41 yards. Sturdivant, Tyree and Little Pope ran well and Little Pope scored from 35 yards out on Henrico.

We were oversized, but not overworked. Very proud of the boys and look forward to next Friday.

If you beat Bird playing PowerBall then you damn sure did earn your respect. Much to be proud of there.
BTW: the Final of the Bird vs Henrico game was 6-6 from what I am hearing.

Awesome job to the Generals earning some well deserved respect from powerhouse LC Bird (even if it was just a scrimmage).

I love nothing more than taking it to those who think they are "better" than you. Besides being a supporter of 1A high school athletics, I pull for UVA and ECU in college football so I really get it LOL!

(When East Carolina destroyed UNC in football a couple of seasons ago, it was a sublime athletic moment for ECU folks even if they are lukewarm sports fans . If you know the history and politics of the two NC regions and schools and how the Chapel Hill "elites" look down on the Greenville area, you certainly understand why:)).

Good luck Dinwiddie!

UVAcavs, I enjoy watching games at ECU as well. Its not a bad drive from Carson. New renovations to the stadium are cool and the people are so friendly. I had UVA season tickets 2 years ago. They were cheaper than buying individual tickets for Notre Dame, VA Tech, and Boise State. Lol. I am a tech fan, but love football and enjoy a game anywhere. Dont hate UVA, except around Thanksgiving. I already have my tickets for 9/16/17 in Greensville. Aargh!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT