ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have anything football related?

I've seen many a team use their backup players on special teams and kick it deep to teams that have their best players returning...I know they want to get the young guys action but kick it away from the threat to take it to the house
I agree. I hate to use backups on special teams. They are called SPECIAL teams for a reason! I'm a fan of the Frank Beamer philosophy of the best players playing special teams. Special teams could definitely win or lose a game

The Mules are the o-linemen. Why are you only focusing on the o-linemen? I gave birth to a fine Mule, and I can promise he doesn't wither ever for anyone. Are you confusing the O-linemen for the whole team? They are Spartans.

If you're son is still on the team, hats off to that young man and mules surrounding him up front. I enjoyed what I saw, physically salem brings it (especially the MULES) , and they continued to establish the tone, I saw tenacity and hunger.

Lol, honestly, I am. I never said it wouldn't happen nor did I ever say Salem wouldn't win. I just said I would be shocked and that I am. As I said from the beginning, I'm not a Salem or JF fan so the outcome really didn't matter to me but I did think JF would have scored more. Hats off to the Salem coaching staff for having a game plan to slow JF's offense. It was also very smart for them to not kick to Navy or Cam, that definitely played a part in limiting them to only three TD's.
I didn't think being held to 3 TDs was going to happen either. The 2 early stops in the Red zone were huge for Salem. The 2 sure TDs the JF receivers absolutely dropped didn't help either. Salem played well. JF did not. For whatever reason, the Cav's were not ready for this moment and it showed. Same thing happened to Courtland on Saturday. They came out stiff and looked unprepared.

The two best teams in 4A will play Saturday. GL to them both.

I didn't think being held to 3 TDs was going to happen either. The 2 early stops in the Red zone were huge for Salem. The 2 sure TDs the JF receivers absolutely dropped didn't help either. Salem played well. JF did not. For whatever reason, the Cav's were not ready for this moment and it showed. Same thing happened to Courtland on Saturday. They came out stiff and looked unprepared.

The two best teams in 4A will play Saturday. GL to them both.
How do you know JF didn't play well? They didn't have one penalty and didn't turn it over either besides the blocked punt.

How do you know JF didn't play well? They didn't have one penalty and didn't turn it over either besides the blocked punt.
I did watch the game as I also watched the LT game. I did not think either of the losing 4A teams played well this weekend. Your opinion is that it was the Salem defense. I certainly agree that had lots to do with it. Salem played a much better game. But I really expected more from JF after seeing their previous 2 playoff games. I do feel they were better than Saturday's performance but this is Championship Football and that's what happens. Salem played an almost flawless game. JF did not and I do not give all the credit to Salem. Every Cav knows they were better than Saturday's outing. Doesn't mean they would have won. But that's all done.

The two best 4A teams will be playing Saturday. GL to both.

The only difference between the benefit game and that game was Salem's D was further along as was the passing game and, shocker, those two things hurt JF bad. Claybourne and Ramsey beat JF down in the benefit but Beckley was a total unknown and the D was replacing 10 of 11 and had never seen that offense before either.

JF was already at peak in that benefit game, Salem wasn't. It wasn't particularly different from Salem last year. Yea, there were things to refine and work on but last year's team was about as good in August as they were in December and that was basically the case with JF. Salem is an entirely different team now than what they were in August.

Reactions: salemfan32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT