ADVERTISEMENT

Does Schools closing mean that games involving those teams won’t be played?

Although I am not positive I believe that is correct-no school, no activities. I believe a school can request to play is specific situations when the school system is closed, but what that takes I don't know.

There is no law, it's on a system to system basis. Many school districts do have a hard and fast "no school no sports" policy while others take it on a case by case basis.
I have no inside info but looking at the news Roanoke/Salem area is in bad shape right now.

Bedford County schools closed today and they are still playing. It might be because Liberty and JF are on the road tonight. May have been postponed if they were supposed to be at home.

KG county schools closed today. Chancellor @ KG game is being played at 7 tonight!

Up to the local school admin. My guess is all the football games will be played unless field condition prevents it. No one has time to reschedule these games.

Reactions: VAHSFootballFan
All the schools closed here on a nice sunny fall day with lots traffic everywhere. But of course all tonite’s games are cancelled, even Warhills at Wanner Stadium on a fine, well drained artificial surface. Most of the Peninsula games have been rescheduled but so far only one Bayrivers game-Poquoson/at Smithfield on 10/23. All others still TBA. Maybe their waiting for another storm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT