ADVERTISEMENT

Dream 10th Game for Oscar Smith?

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
After today's VAPilot article, It took all of 1/2 an hour to search the MaxPreps.com Football schedules to find a couple of open dates which match up for Oscar Smith's 9/9/16 week off. Dream opponents I would like to see include:

Mallard Creek, Charlotte, NC
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/mallard-creek-mavericks-(charlotte,nc)/football/schedule.htm

Gonzaga, Washington, DC
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/gonzaga-eagles-(washington,dc)/football/schedule.htm

Who are the others we'd like to see?

What are the possibilities to get a 10th game?

Could be many more opponents for an 8/26 game, right? I think NC & SC start earlier that VHSL.

I know that Bishop Sullivan was trying to play them but Oscar Smith said no. Bishop people were all over social media talking about Smith ducking them. I can't imagine why a public school would ever even considered playing a school that is actively recruiting (see Eric Crosby's comments from ESPN radio a few weeks ago) players throughout the area.
Mallard Creek would be a great match up and not a terrible travel.

Some of the games aren't listed on maxpreps, but Gonzaga's schedule for next year is full.

Why would OS say no to Bishop ? They have played private school and lost by a couple TDs Gilman was one but I prefer Smith plays a public school not private but Bishop still not at all star level ill take them now and beat em lol jk

Why would OS say no to Bishop ? They have played private school and lost by a couple TDs Gilman was one but I prefer Smith plays a public school not private but Bishop still not at all star level ill take them now and beat em lol jk

What's to gain? There are no power points. Win and that's what was supposed to happen. Lose or even win a close one and you just give them legitimacy.

Well, here we go! DeMatha, Stags vs Oscar Smith, Aug 26th, in Chesapeake, VA!!! Should be a great game & prep the Tigers well for a run in 2016!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT