ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

I agree with @86CulpGrad. @racindan4 must have watching a different game. But stats don’t lie, Louisa only had 40 2nd half yards and punted a lot. And you can make the same argument the other way.

Louisa only had 2 plays and really didn’t control the game. The 57 yard run in the 1st half to set up the 1st TD, and the gift interception by Hunter at EVs 10 yard line that set up the 2nd TD that was it. I don’t think either team “controlled” the game but EV had one more big play (3) than Louisa (2) did. It came down to one extra big play. Which I think a lot of these playoff games come down to, who has more big plays. In this case EV had one more.

It was definitely a hard hitting game. Other than those 5 big plays it was like a tug of war match that went on and on. But definitely two great teams in which either one deserved to lose.
Absolutely. The 2 defenses controlled that game along with the field.

Controlled that game? Interesting take considering LC had a total of about 40yds in the 2nd half and had the lead for about 5 minutes of clock time. With that logic I could say EV controlled that game except for 2 plays....1 long run and an interception that set up a very short TD opportunity.
and estern was supposed to beat louisa by 2 or 3 scores and yet held them to 13 for all but 4.4 sec so that's what I mean by controlled.

don't use the field as an excuse it was the same for both and those who picked eastern thought they would beat louisa by 2-3 scores. when I say controlled the game that's because they averaged something like 50 points a game and111 they managed 19 so that is controlled. I heard that lowery was a game beater and I saw mostly way over thrown passes. though he is hard to catch. he had me holding my breath all night.

Reactions: Lions1983
don't use the field as an excuse it was the same for both and those who picked eastern thought they would beat louisa by 2-3 scores. when I say controlled the game that's because they averaged something like 50 points a game and111 they managed 19 so that is controlled. I heard that lowery was a game beater and I saw mostly way over thrown passes. though he is hard to catch. he had me holding my breath all night.
Again, whatever spin you want to put on it. Louisa averaged about 40 pts per game and were held to 14....one of those scoring drives going about 10 yds. So again you can say EV controlled them. I posted in the first half that either team would be lucky to get 20 pts. The EV qb did not have a good game due to the Louisa defense and the field conditions....same for the Louisa offense.

Again, whatever spin you want to put on it. Louisa averaged about 40 pts per game and were held to 14....one of those scoring drives going about 10 yds. So again you can say EV controlled them. I posted in the first half that either team would be lucky to get 20 pts. The EV qb did not have a good game due to the Louisa defense and the field conditions....same for the Louisa offense.
Louisa couldn’t block Brown from EV and he wrecked their offense. Both defenses were great. Louisa’s missed tackles on the long run hurt them. Smith looked hurt I guess but he missed a handful of tackles on Holmes. They were even teams for the most part. Number 1 from Louisa is a player and he did all he could to get them a W. Brown from EV was too much for them to handle.

Reactions: Lions1983 and OCBoy
Louisa couldn’t block Brown from EV and he wrecked their offense. Both defenses were great. Louisa’s missed tackles on the long run hurt them. Smith looked hurt I guess but he missed a handful of tackles on Holmes. They were even teams for the most part. Number 1 from Louisa is a player and he did all he could to get them a W. Brown from EV was too much for them to handle.
The way EV came out on D to begin the game made me think it was going to be a long night for Louisa. Louisa said not so fast and made some quick adjustments. I also thought Smith played like he was hurt but it could have been the conditions. Louisa will have to put in tons of time and money to fix that field now. That field was destroyed

Reactions: Lions1983
I agree with @86CulpGrad. @racindan4 must have watching a different game. But stats don’t lie, Louisa only had 40 2nd half yards and punted a lot. And you can make the same argument the other way.

Louisa only had 2 plays and really didn’t control the game. The 57 yard run in the 1st half to set up the 1st TD, and the gift interception by Hunter at EVs 10 yard line that set up the 2nd TD that was it. I don’t think either team “controlled” the game but EV had one more big play (3) than Louisa (2) did. It came down to one extra big play. Which I think a lot of these playoff games come down to, who has more big plays. In this case EV had one more.

It was definitely a hard hitting game. Other than those 5 big plays it was like a tug of war match that went on and on. But definitely two great teams in which either one deserved to lose.

This post describes the game to perfection. Each team got an INT that led to a short field TD. Louisa had the 57 yard Hunter run that set up TD and EV had the Holmes run and last second td catch and run. Those are the 5 plays of significance, the rest of the game was 2 yards and a pile of muck. Both defenses were dialed in, EV made the 1 extra play. The box score shows this same type of game. Neither team controlled, they were very evenly matched IMO. Louisa won the first half on the field and EV won the 2nd half. Congrats to EV on the win as well as Louisa on a great season.

I'm taking EV over Dinwiddie this year. Louisa went on road as the #4 seed last year and beat the #1 and #2 seeds. EV will repeat the feat this year.

I don't think either team controlled the game after watching it. I will say, no matter what you say about who was controlling etc. Louisa had won the game essentially. If not for a play that was mostly luck, Louisa would be in the Region championship, not Eastern View. Not trying to take anything away from the Cyclones, they are an incredibly good team and that was an incredible win. But yes, even though Louisa was held to however many yards in the 2nd, and still they almost won the game. Eastern View averaged more pointer per game than Louisa and was held to 20, almost only 13. Again, obviously field conditions played a big role but to talk like EV controlled this game is folly. Any number of small things could have happened to stop that game winning touchdown and EV would be home right now instead.

I don't think either team controlled the game after watching it. I will say, no matter what you say about who was controlling etc. Louisa had won the game essentially. If not for a play that was mostly luck, Louisa would be in the Region championship, not Eastern View. Not trying to take anything away from the Cyclones, they are an incredibly good team and that was an incredible win. But yes, even though Louisa was held to however many yards in the 2nd, and still they almost won the game. Eastern View averaged more pointer per game than Louisa and was held to 20, almost only 13. Again, obviously field conditions played a big role but to talk like EV controlled this game is folly. Any number of small things could have happened to stop that game winning touchdown and EV would be home right now instead.
If not for an extra pt being missed by 2 feet, it most certainly would’ve went into OT, which is probably what should’ve happened if life was fair.

Louisa averaged just as many points on both sides of the ball. The game was dead even. EV just came up clutch when it mattered. Hunter for Louisa was the only one who stepped up when Louisa needed it

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Let's just say that Louisa was the better team last year and EV was this year. Given the field conditions, that certainly benefits the single wing over the spread team, and the fact that EV won in the jungle, I think we can crown EV the better team this year and move on. Heres hoping they can win it all for the Battlefield.

Let's just say that Louisa was the better team last year and EV was this year. Given the field conditions, that certainly benefits the single wing over the spread team, and the fact that EV won in the jungle, I think we can crown EV the better team this year and move on. Heres hoping they can win it all for the Battlefield.
I agree let’s move on

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Two great defenses is what I saw, call it whatever you want but Louisa is at home getting ready for basketball practice tomorrow while EV’s coaches and kids are getting ready for a football game Friday night....sometimes you got to be good to get Lucky! Now let’s hope we have more great games like this one!!

Reactions: 86CulpGrad
The play that won the game was more improbable than the Stefon Diggs TD vs Saints. Had it not been tipped it was a sure INT because it was under thrown by 2 yards. I would have loved to see this game played on turf. The field made it impossible for me to say which team was actually better. In between the 30 to 30 (where the vast majority of field the game was played) it looked like a cow pasture. Let's not forget that EV went for it at about their own 30 on 4th and long and failed. But their defense held and gave them the ball back at their own 10! The only way they were winning was a miracle and that's exactly what happened.

The Better Team? A player was hurt? One player showed up? Field conditions sloppy? Who controlled the game? Missed a extra point by 2 foot? I could keep on and on. A Lost is never easy to swallow even in The Jungle. For those that have a concern we did sell a huge amount of Hot Dogs and the field will be ready for spring soccer. My only question to every poster is if you came to this game. Is not who won or who lost. Did you watch a great game! Good Luck to Eastern View. No excuses on this end.

The Better Team? A player was hurt? One player showed up? Field conditions sloppy? Who controlled the game? Missed a extra point by 2 foot? I could keep on and on. A Lost is never easy to swallow even in The Jungle. For those that have a concern we did sell a huge amount of Hot Dogs and the field will be ready for spring soccer. My only question to every poster is if you came to this game. Is not who won or who lost. Did you watch a great game! Good Luck to Eastern View. No excuses on this end.
It was everything it lived up to being. Great game.

It was one of the best games I’ve seen between two evenly matched teams. Really fun to watch and the atmosphere was awesome. Easy to see why that place is always packed they put on a show for the fans.

I had a blast. Daggone lines for food were too long though. I didn’t even get a taste.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT