ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

I will eat it and take it...I thought Coach Patrick was such a guru on offense he would put points up. Sounds like defensive battle. Was it field conditions? Or two legit defenses?

Reactions: OCBoy
Having faced both teams this year, I thought EV was much more explosive, and frankly more physical up front. For those at the game, do you think playing this game on turf, or at least a good grass field would have benefited EV at all? From what I can tell they had two explosive runs and a big play at the end which was the difference in the game. It appears their defense is as good as advertised if Louisa's total yards are accurate.

Reactions: OCBoy
Like I said surprised Patrick led offense did not put more points up. Next question has the real key to Louisa success been the defense and not talking just this year? 2006 team and last season were real solid on defense.
By the way since the JD is done look out for Fluvanna next year. It's between us and Louisa next season.

What a game that was to watch. Complete opposite of what I thought and I way underestimated Louisa’s defense. Number 12 gets all the attention and he flashes from time to time but the number 55 for Louisa is unstoppable. A lot of missed tackles for Louisa. I thought Louisa looked a little more athletic and EV looked more powerful and stout. That’s as off as I’ve seen Lowry throwing the ball. The linebacker for EV Brown was the best player on the field all night. Great game packed house great atmosphere and two great teams. A shame one had to lose. Louisa fans are passionate.

With a lot of Lion Aid! Just surprised about Louisa offense. Coach patrick always scores points
Tough game for either team to lose. Just wish it could have been played in perfect field conditions on nuetral field. Then there would have been no question as to whether game was decided by weather. My brother was there. Said both good teams. Either would represent well.

Tough game for either team to lose. Just wish it could have been played in perfect field conditions on nuetral field. Then there would have been no question as to whether game was decided by weather. My brother was there. Said both good teams. Either would represent well.

Both teams have to play in the same conditions.

That LionAid was some good stuff. I think they ran out of “LionAid” in the concession stand though.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Saw the "catch" on twitter tough way to lose. To the Lions and their fans great season. The Louisa fan base is top notch and they have every right to be proud of their team. They will be back with a vengeance next season.

EV the alleged "monkey" is off your back. Nice win. Look forward to seeing you guys next week.

I will eat it and take it...I thought Coach Patrick was such a guru on offense he would put points up. Sounds like defensive battle. Was it field conditions? Or two legit defenses?
Field conditions and two good defenses defined this game. I anticipated it going to overtime by the way both were playing. When Eastern View missed the xp everything changed. Tough loss for Louisa though. One thing for sure was fan support. Eastern View had just as many fans as Louisa easily.

Hats off to both defenses. There was some heavy hitting going on in that slop. There will be some very sore young men in the morning. For those that go back and watch, check out the grit that #4 has for EV. That kid brings it against bigger defenders. That last catch was unreal. Crowd reaction was epic....people crying on both sides.

Nothing but respect for Louisa football and their fan base. REALLY glad EV pulled it out but still feel for the Lions. That was a tough loss. Equally glad that a missed XP didn’t decide the game.

EV showed that they can handle the slobber-knockers, terrible conditions and trailing late (very late).

Congratulations EV! Time to get ready for next week.

Hats off to both defenses. There was some heavy hitting going on in that slop. There will be some very sore young men in the morning. For those that go back and watch, check out the grit that #4 has for EV. That kid brings it against bigger defenders. That last catch was unreal. Crowd reaction was epic....people crying on both sides.
Where can I watch the game?

Field conditions and two good defenses defined this game. I anticipated it going to overtime by the way both were playing. When Eastern View missed the xp everything changed. Tough loss for Louisa though. One thing for sure was fan support. Eastern View had just as many fans as Louisa easily.
wrong

Reactions: Lions1983
snooka no crow eating as way more ppl called it wrong than you did. I wont disagree with andthose stats but I will say louisa controlled that game except 3 total plays. one was a gimme on that interception at beginning of game. after that it was a 60 something yard run and a double tip catch for td. eastern was tough as hell and congrats but in a game 2 I take my lions all day. my boys were pretty beat up by the end of the game as at least 5 starters were gimping on the sideline. 2 great teams they should have met in the finals.

snooka no crow eating as way more ppl called it wrong than you did. I wont disagree with andthose stats but I will say louisa controlled that game except 3 total plays. one was a gimme on that interception at beginning of game. after that it was a 60 something yard run and a double tip catch for td. eastern was tough as hell and congrats but in a game 2 I take my lions all day. my boys were pretty beat up by the end of the game as at least 5 starters were gimping on the sideline. 2 great teams they should have met in the finals.
Controlled that game? Interesting take considering LC had a total of about 40yds in the 2nd half and had the lead for about 5 minutes of clock time. With that logic I could say EV controlled that game except for 2 plays....1 long run and an interception that set up a very short TD opportunity.

Last edited:
In a “Game 2” and on a playing field that’s actually playable I take EV. The field conditions limited a lot of what EV wanted to do on offense which was obvious in rewatching the game. Both defenses came to play. Without a doubt that game should have been moved to Charlottesville. Hopefully any injuries incurred aren’t serious. Good season Louisa.

I agree with @86CulpGrad. @racindan4 must have watching a different game. But stats don’t lie, Louisa only had 40 2nd half yards and punted a lot. And you can make the same argument the other way.

Louisa only had 2 plays and really didn’t control the game. The 57 yard run in the 1st half to set up the 1st TD, and the gift interception by Hunter at EVs 10 yard line that set up the 2nd TD that was it. I don’t think either team “controlled” the game but EV had one more big play (3) than Louisa (2) did. It came down to one extra big play. Which I think a lot of these playoff games come down to, who has more big plays. In this case EV had one more.

It was definitely a hard hitting game. Other than those 5 big plays it was like a tug of war match that went on and on. But definitely two great teams in which either one deserved to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT