ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

@Louisadad any truth to the talks of the Eastern View/Louisa game being moved to Charlottesville or Albemarle High School? Louisa takes to good of that field for it to be unplayable.

They won't move it. Louisa defense is too much on a wet field for EV. I think Louisa is way to physical. Coach Patrick will have a great game plan to score and slow down EV. We will see what happens but I look for Coach Patrick to make some noise in the playoffs.

I will take the 21 points @Snookasuperstar. How much are we betting? I honestly have no clue who is going to win this one and Louisa is certainly capable of beating any Class 4 team in the state, but beat EV by 21? I want some of what you are smoking or drinking.

Unfortunately I will not be there witness this game but I have been drinking alot of Lion kool-aid as of late.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
@Louisadad any truth to the talks of the Eastern View/Louisa game being moved to Charlottesville or Albemarle High School? Louisa takes to good of that field for it to be unplayable.

There have been conversations but they are more contingency plans than anything else at this point. Louisa will do everything possible to play at home. The field has to be deemed safe enough for play. The grounds crew out there does a great job but it's unpredictable with how much rain we've gotten in the past 24 hours, which is supposed to continue into early morning. For the Lions sake, I hope they get to host. For selfish reasons and so that both teams have a "fast track" to play on, I hope they move it to CHS. Save myself a trip out to Mineral.

There have been conversations but they are more contingency plans than anything else at this point. Louisa will do everything possible to play at home. The field has to be deemed safe enough for play. The grounds crew out there does a great job but it's unpredictable with how much rain we've gotten in the past 24 hours, which is supposed to continue into early morning. For the Lions sake, I hope they get to host. For selfish reasons and so that both teams have a "fast track" to play on, I hope they move it to CHS. Save myself a trip out to Mineral.
Way more seats on your visitors side than Louisa

Why not? I think Charlottesville’s capacity is more than King George as well.
Yeah are stands are pretty small, although they are right on top of the players and the field...real close, great atmosphere.

Reactions: OCBoy
Sounds like there are more factors if a decision is going to be made in the morning. It's not like the field will dry by tomorrow night.
I personally say keep it at Louisa but have no issue with Charlottesville hosting either

Yeah are stands are pretty small, although they are right on top of the players and the field...real close, great atmosphere.
Absolutely, I went to the Essex/Galax game a few years back and the atmosphere was great

I don't know how you change it at this late date.
I say again when did we stop playing in the rain or on a muddy field. ive seen them play in the snow so whats the problem here. is it that soft now.

I say again when did we stop playing in the rain or on a muddy field. ive seen them play in the snow so whats the problem here. is it that soft now.
The Pulaski Co-GW game location was changed while Pulaski Co was traveling to the game last Friday.

@racindan4u, you need to think rationally. Its not about the kids playing its the field. The region gets all of the gate minus expenses. If I am a citizen I would go nuts if a team ruined a $60,000.00 sod field and the school did not earn one dime of revenue other than cocessions. They better sell a bunch of hot dogs. Lets say they sell 5,000 in concessions. Thats a 55.000.00 loss that tax paying citizens have to recoup for what? One football game?

Take into consideration that Louisa is going to win and they will need that field next week

if I were thinking rationally I wouldn't be talking about this with you guys id be talking to the man in charge of the field but I don't have that access. what I do have is a field to play on and if I was afraid to play on it id go turf. look, how often does louisa get home field advantage. they better use it when they have it. ocboy they gotta win this week first. now suck it up grounds person and play ball.

Reactions: 7time
You can guarantee it 100%.....this game will be played in the jungle. Only slight question is whether it’s Friday night or Saturday afternoon. My money is on tomorrow night.

Reactions: OCBoy and 7time
oh yeah its not supposed to be a business its about the kids learning and building character and team values. do they make the kids take their shoes off when they enter the school......;.no they don't that's wear and tear its expected. playing on a football field that's wear and tear so lets play.......woooooo I'm hyped.

They have had discussions Charlottesville has many great people to deal with. That are all 1st. Class. The game will be played in The Jungle. Sorry I didn’t get back to you earlier I stay off preps from Wednesday - Friday. Just the superstitious thing like I always wear shorts on game days.

Reactions: OCBoy
@racindan4u, you need to think rationally. Its not about the kids playing its the field. The region gets all of the gate minus expenses. If I am a citizen I would go nuts if a team ruined a $60,000.00 sod field and the school did not earn one dime of revenue other than cocessions. They better sell a bunch of hot dogs. Lets say they sell 5,000 in concessions. Thats a 55.000.00 loss that tax paying citizens have to recoup for what? One football game?

That’s why I was pushing Hot Dogs earlier this week!!

Let’s stop talking about moving the game, field conditions, who has the edge on a sloppy field. The game will be in the den at 7:30pm. It’s time to strap on and get to it!

Should be a great game. I reading the 150 plus posts in this thread and seeing both teams this year it’s goi g to be a battle.

My keys to look for besides the obvious ones like turnovers etc:

Lions OL vs. EVs front 7/8 - EVs front is good and big. If the Lions get a consistent push then it will be a good night. The Lions will always have to account for LB Brown just like EV will do with LB Smith.

EVs penalty yards - EV at times takes dumb penalties. If they stay disciplined it may be a storm brewing.

Lowry’s Legs - if he drops back and there is no containment it’s gonna be a long night for the Lions. But the key is Lowry scrambles to pass first and run second. So those DBs will be put in a tough spot if he gets outside the pocket.

Brandon’s conditioning - I suspect Mr. Smith will play both ways. However EVs offense is fast paced and snaps the ball fast, plus Smith will have to move laterally a lot against the EV offense. Will he have enough steam to be effective on the offensive side? I suspect he does...

EVs kicker - I cant believe I’m talking about a kicker as a key to a game however EV has a good kicker. Not only talking about FGs but his kickoffs are very deep and he can put them in a corner. May be a bonus for field position. His FG range above average. So late in the game down by two.... Damn kickers!!!! Lol.

Just my take. Can’t wait for tonight. See all of you there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT