ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

why not? Just wondering. Back when they played it was the first game of the season. As a coach I would want to play a powerhouse especially early in the season. Coaches now a days have film on the other team from almost every game so it wouldn't be because they do not wanna show them the playbook
If you are the lesser team you typically only get one shot at the upset. If you beat them early or if it was even close they'll see you coming in the post-season. Also a team should get better as the season goes on. However if you got your doors blown off early, its hard to lose that sense of awe from early in the season.
If you are the better team there is a chance the lesser team loses it's sense of awe of you. You're not invincible and unbeatable anymore. They deserve to be on the same field as you.
Just my two cents.

Reactions: Cpep_greatest
If you are the lesser team you typically only get one shot at the upset. If you beat them early or if it was even close they'll see you coming in the post-season. Also a team should get better as the season goes on. However if you got your doors blown off early, its hard to lose that sense of awe from early in the season.
If you are the better team there is a chance the lesser team loses it's sense of awe of you. You're not invincible and unbeatable anymore. They deserve to be on the same field as you.
Just my two cents.
If you ever get bored like me, check out that four seasons football web page that guy created. It show scores for every va/wv high school in its history. It’s amazing how many times a school has lost in the playoffs to a team it beat easily in the regular season.

Reactions: Cpep_greatest
Yes 1 starter return on the line. Louisa lost 18 starters from last years team.
So Louisa loses 18 starters from a state runner-up team that was beat soundly by Salem and is undefeated this year? Are they really that good or did they play a weak schedule? Not trying to start an argument, just honestly asking since I know nothing about this team.

So Louisa loses 18 starters from a state runner-up team that was beat soundly by Salem and is undefeated this year? Are they really that good or did they play a weak schedule? Not trying to start an argument, just honestly asking since I know nothing about this team.

You are correct you know nothing about this team. I do appreciate your honesty. Beat soundly by Salem you just looked at the score. But we did get beat bottom line. I would say out of the top 4 in 4b I think LOUISA probably had the 3rd strongest schedule.

Louisa is very very good I will admit that. But they did not have a tough schedule, the Jefferson was down, Western and Fluvanna are mediocre teams at best. The battlefield is down and Courtland is an average team. To say they had a tough schedule is absurd....None the less a great team!

Through 9 weeks of games according to VHSL Reference, combined opp. win loss records for each team

EV 34-48
Louisa 32-49

Can say it about 1 and not the other Junkie

Through 9 weeks of games according to VHSL Reference, combined opp. win loss records for each team

EV 34-48
Louisa 32-49

Can say it about 1 and not the other Junkie

Aye their Rev_Real I dont recall ever saying EV played anyone...they played alot of the same teams they both havent played anyone. But they are both good teams. Get your facts straight buddy.

5 JD teams made the playoffs. I think out of the 4b Louisa did have the 3rd strongest schedule. Out of the top 4 teams. At this point of the season it just doesn’t matter. They play each other now. My thoughts this will be a real good game.

5 JD teams made the playoffs. I think out of the 4b Louisa did have the 3rd strongest schedule. Out of the top 4 teams. At this point of the season it just doesn’t matter. They play each other now. My thoughts this will be a real good game.
I agree....should be a great game between 2 strong teams. BUT....they both play equally weak schedules. Making the playoffs doesn't qualify you as being a good team in the current structure.

Just have to play who the schedule puts in front of you. Can’t control how good the other teams are. Records can be misleading. It all gets worked out in the playoffs.

@Rev_Real I have been hard on EV about their schedule in the past and once again they are going to have to try and win the region final on the road. The Cyclones have been a sound program for years and they are a very good team again this season. Maybe, the best in Region B. We shall find out in the next two weeks.

I like numbers and your point is well taken, but Dinwiddie's opponents win loss record is not the best. Through 10 games the Generals opponents are 44-55. Heck, Denbigh and Meadowbrook (nasty schedule) suffered 0-10 seasons. 6 of Dinwiddies 10 opponents made the playoffs and 2 are still playing. Monacan, had the toughest schedule I think and their opponents had a 51-49 record. 9 of their opponents made the playoffs and 3 are still playing.

I guess my point is, since realignment in 2013, the top 4, no top 5, I will include Courtland, have consistently had winning records and represented Region B well as a representative has played in the Class 4 final 3 of the 5 years. LT went the other two years. This game deserves the publicity it is getting and it should be great for both fan bases. I saw on twitter were Louisa is billing this one as the "game of the decade". Now that I find interesting since they played in the State Final against Salem last year and beat three teams with a combined regular season record of 29-1 getting there. The Lions run last year was very comparable or even better than Dinwiddie's run in 2016. I may be wrong on this, but it sounds like the Lions propaganda machine thinks this is the only challenging game left. Somebody darn good is going home early.

Can't fault it. Mad respect for both teams.
Louisa_Lions_Athletics‏@LC_sportslife
36-3 FINAL @LC_sportslife over Huguenot. We will host @EVHSsports next Friday in THE JUNGLE at 7:30pm!! GAME OF THE DECADE!! BE THERE!! #RISEUP

7:30 PM - 9 Nov 2018

Last edited:
@Rev_Real I have been hard on EV about their schedule in the past and once again they are going to have to try and win the region final on the road. The Cyclones have been a sound program for years and they are a very good team again this season. Maybe, the best in Region B. We shall find out in the next two weeks.

I like numbers and your point is well taken, but Dinwiddie's opponents win loss record is not the best. Through 10 games the Generals opponents are 44-55. Heck, Denbigh and Meadowbrook (nasty schedule) suffered 0-10 seasons. 6 of Dinwiddies 10 opponents made the playoffs and 2 are still playing. Monacan, had the toughest schedule I think and their opponents had a 51-49 record. 9 of their opponents made the playoffs and 3 are still playing.

I guess my point is, since realignment in 2013, the top 4, no top 5, I will include Courtland, have consistently had winning records and represented Region B well as a representative has played in the Class 4 final 3 of the 5 years. LT went the other two years. This game deserves the publicity it is getting and it should be great for both fan bases. I saw on twitter were Louisa is billing this one as the "game of the decade". Now that I find interesting since they played in the State Final against Salem last year and beat three teams with a combined regular season record of 29-1 getting there. The Lions run last year was very comparable or even better than Dinwiddie's run in 2016. I may be wrong on this, but it sounds like the Lions propaganda machine thinks this is the only challenging game left. Somebody darn good is going home early.

36-3 FINAL @LC_sportslife over Huguenot. We will host @EVHSsports next Friday in THE JUNGLE at 7:30pm!! GAME OF THE DECADE!! BE THERE!! #RISEUP

I truly understand your comment on the Louisa propaganda. I think those remarks are for the Eastern View and Louisa game only because our schools border each other. The Game of the Decade! Yes because last weeks & years games don’t matter. This will Be LOUISA biggest game so far of this season as well as Eastern Views. Louisa doesn’t have a game scheduled next week so I think this is the only game that matters to this point.

I think people calling it the game of the decade because of the fact that these two programs have been top notch for the past few years and for being so close to each other have not played in the regular season or the playoffs. So it may be the game of the decade for this area not sure if its for the entire state.

QUOTE="Cpep_greatest, post: 331241, member: 10895"]I think people calling it the game of the decade because of the fact that these two programs have been top notch for the past few years and for being so close to each other have not played in the regular season or the playoffs. So it may be the game of the decade for this area not sure if its for the entire state.[/QUOTE]

@Louisadad and @Cpep_greatest, I think its cool. Really, its great for both programs. I was just poking a little fun at whoever posted it on twitter and found it ironic with so many games yet to play. Honestly, I don know if Monacan or Dinwiddie has anything for either team, so who am I to judge. These type of playoff games are becoming a norm for this region. Very proud of all of the teams that represent Region B. After all is said and done we are a team and I will root for whoever represents our region going forward. Good luck to both teams. I hope to see one of these teams next week. Wouldn't mind a trip to the jungle, but a home game against EV would be fine too. Gotta take care of our brothers the Chiefs first. That's going to be a tall chore. Either way I will be at a region b game somewhere to cheer on my Generals or Monacan next week.

QUOTE="Cpep_greatest, post: 331241, member: 10895"]I think people calling it the game of the decade because of the fact that these two programs have been top notch for the past few years and for being so close to each other have not played in the regular season or the playoffs. So it may be the game of the decade for this area not sure if its for the entire state.

@Louisadad and @Cpep_greatest, I think its cool. Really, its great for both programs. I was just poking a little fun at whoever posted it on twitter and found it ironic with so many games yet to play. Honestly, I don know if Monacan or Dinwiddie has anything for either team, so who am I to judge. These type of playoff games are becoming a norm for this region. Very proud of all of the teams that represent Region B. After all is said and done we are a team and I will root for whoever represents our region going forward. Good luck to both teams. I hope to see one of these teams next week. Wouldn't mind a trip to the jungle, but a home game against EV would be fine too. Gotta take care of our brothers the Chiefs first. That's going to be a tall chore. Either way I will be at a region b game somewhere to cheer on my Generals or Monacan next week.[/QUOTE]
Yeah....game of the decade is a little over the top. Like others have said, it's just because the counties are very close. "The Battle of Rt. 5-22". With the weather potentially being so bad, they have to hype it up to try and keep people from staying home. Might be playing in snow.

Then again, considering this thread has almost 100 responses and none of the others come close to that, maybe it is the game of the decade 8>)

Reactions: Louisadad
I believe these r both 2 great teams all around and have been, and will be a down right dog fight and battle. The energy and anticipation that has been built up from the players and fans and everyone is going to be extreme I believe. Forget past records, stats, film, etc.... Cuz they doesn't mean anything and really isn't an indicator or can't make a prediction of Friday night. This Friday night is what's important and what matters and both teams r state championship material, but one afterwards will be done for this season and going home and one will move on and I'm rooting for them to win it all. Let the battle begin and the best team win!!!

@Louisadad and @Cpep_greatest, I think its cool. Really, its great for both programs. I was just poking a little fun at whoever posted it on twitter and found it ironic with so many games yet to play. Honestly, I don know if Monacan or Dinwiddie has anything for either team, so who am I to judge. These type of playoff games are becoming a norm for this region. Very proud of all of the teams that represent Region B. After all is said and done we are a team and I will root for whoever represents our region going forward. Good luck to both teams. I hope to see one of these teams next week. Wouldn't mind a trip to the jungle, but a home game against EV would be fine too. Gotta take care of our brothers the Chiefs first. That's going to be a tall chore. Either way I will be at a region b game somewhere to cheer on my Generals or Monacan next week.
Yeah....game of the decade is a little over the top. Like others have said, it's just because the counties are very close. "The Battle of Rt. 5-22". With the weather potentially being so bad, they have to hype it up to try and keep people from staying home. Might be playing in snow.[/QUOTE]

Game of the decade or not... It is a BIG FREAKING GAME! Got my attention

Well I pray that the weather does clear up and conditions on field r the best or as best as possible cuz it's a scary thing and obviously doesn't make things optimal and I pray that everyone is healthy and no injuries r incurred on either team!! I do know weather can't be controlled and sometimes, more often than anyone would like, weather and field conditions r unpredictable and r part of the game. And all those young men out there playing will and should give 100% cuz if they on the football field, they r tough and have no fear and gonna play all out the game they love!! As a parent.... Scares me sometimes, but i support and pray without ceasing, etc. Please everybody lets just pray for no injuries!! Amen

Yeah....game of the decade is a little over the top. Like others have said, it's just because the counties are very close. "The Battle of Rt. 5-22". With the weather potentially being so bad, they have to hype it up to try and keep people from staying home. Might be playing in snow.

Game of the decade or not... It is a BIG FREAKING GAME! Got my attention[/QUOTE]
that quote was meant to be between those 2 teams nothing else guys so ease up with the ego. the one guy said it best Friday we will know and its done for one team and on with the other.

Game of the decade or not... It is a BIG FREAKING GAME! Got my attention
that quote was meant to be between those 2 teams nothing else guys so ease up with the ego. the one guy said it best Friday we will know and its done for one team and on with the other.[/QUOTE]

I said it was a big game my man.. that other piece was someone else's stance

id like to second louisa dads post in that the lions were not beaten easily by salem
that quote was meant to be between those 2 teams nothing else guys so ease up with the ego. the one guy said it best Friday we will know and its done for one team and on with the other.

I said it was a big game my man.. that other piece was someone else's stance[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Lions1983
yeah under 5 min on the 25 and they just missed the chance to take the lead. then it went to hell quick

Does Louisa have any kind of kicking game, or a kicker who can kick field goals?

Maybe the hot dogs, but if I am there, without knowing me you could spot me, I would be only one in shorts and t shirt lol

You must know me I wear shorts every game. I will be the only one on our sideline with shorts on. I am the biggest as well. “Tradition”

Whether is going to be bad tomorrow, but Friday may end up being pretty good. Any chance that Louisa can cover the field until Friday??

You must know me I wear shorts every game. I will be the only one on our sideline with shorts on. I am the biggest as well. “Tradition”

No, dont believe I know you. Was just saying you could pick me out of a crowd if I was there because I am the only one dumb enough to wear t shirt and shorts even in 4 ft of snow. Occasionally I will put more on, usually when I am sick, getting sick, or getting over it. I actually have had a nasty cold since before Halloween.

I'll put it this way, my rain jacket, short sleeves and multiple short sleeved or sleeveless hoodies

Whether is going to be bad tomorrow, but Friday may end up being pretty good. Any chance that Louisa can cover the field until Friday??
I think they’ve been covering the field the past few weeks before they have a game. I can guarantee you, Louisa will have that field in top shape

I will take the 21 points @Snookasuperstar. How much are we betting? I honestly have no clue who is going to win this one and Louisa is certainly capable of beating any Class 4 team in the state, but beat EV by 21? I want some of what you are smoking or drinking.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT