ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern View @ Louisa.... It's about time this happened......

Has absolutely nothing to do with louisa game and i mean no disrespect towards louisa. I really have no dog in this fight. I live in colorado but have family in Virginia so keep an eye on what happens in high school football as i went to high school there. My dad is from culpeper and my mom from louisa. So i do have interest in the game. I just feel that with the ease that ev handled midlothian who beat monocan that this game wont really be close. Just my opinion.

Ok no doubt I respect it

Is this years Louisa defense better than the Generals defense that EV's Lowery faced last season? I was there and he held his own without much of a running game and with Pope being all over the place on defense. Just from what I seen on some film of EV, Lowery looks better and Improved. Who is the best Qb the Lions faced this year?

Also is Louisa Qb that good that he will have a field day on EV secondary? I figure the Lions to try to run more than throw against EV.
First of all let me say I have not seen either team play live this season. I have watched film on both and believe I have a grasp eachbstrengths and weaknesses. I did see both live last year, but things have changed to some degree.

Honestly, Louisa's defense may be a bit smaller, but they are better on the edge and way faster this year. Yes, Lowry passed the ball well last year against Dinwiddie, but we are talking two totally different schemes.

What Louisa brings different to the table is blitzes from all angles and a keen ability to shut down any form of run on the edge. These guys swarm hard to the ball. Dinwiddie rarely blitzes and their pass rush was mediocre last year. They defended the run very well against EV because our d line used its speed to shoot the gaps giving our linebackers free shots on the backs. Our db's were all young 3 sophmores and 1 junior and played press coverage allowing us to stop the run. Lowry did a great job recognizing weaknesesses and took advantage of our short dbs. His teceivers also played great.

Lowry is good no doubt, but Louisa will put mad pressure on him. He will not have the time to spot receivers like he did against Dinwiddie. Thats why I said EV needed to throw quick passes especially where the blitzing linebacker vacates. He can use his feet to create space and time. If the EV line can slow down the Louisa pass rush and pick up blitzes Lowry can have success against the improved Louisa d backs.

I never said anything about Louisa's offense except Hunter has been a super man and EV's linebackers need to tackle. If you know Louisa then you know the linebackers have to stay at home and not miss tackles. Louisa is a much better passing team (when they need to be) this year. Dont misinterpret what I said. Simply put if you let the Lions get 4 yards a carry they will not pass. You have to put them in 3rd and long (7-9 yards) situations or you will have short quarters and very few possessions. If I am playing Louisa I shut down the run and force them to beat me with the pass.

I really dont know who wins this. I like EV's offense and Louisa's defense. Selfishly, I want EV to win, so if Dinwiddie can upset Monacan we will have another home game. Realistically those who say this game is going to be a EV blowout you need to lay off the peace pipe. Brandon Smith cannot be eliminated from the game. He alone will keep it close. Key is can Louisa score on EV's d.

Last edited:
I will take this one...up front (on both sides of the ball) EV is much better than Louisa. Their defense overall is better than Louisa's. Louisa has the better running back, EV has the better QB. They both have good LBs, but nothing compares to Brandon... although #7 for EV is a beast. EV has an outstanding secondary. I don't think it will be a blowout, but think EV wins comfortably...2-3 score difference. If I had to guess EV will jump out to a 2-3 score lead early and then withstand whatever Louisa throws at them after that. Louisa will struggle to run or throw while I think EV will be able to consistently move the ball and score points.

If EVs defense is “much” better than Louisa’s then we should just call this game and the rest of the playoffs because EV will cake walk.

To me this game is strength on strength. EV offense vs. Louisa Defense. EVs offense seems to be more explosive, big play type drives where as Louisa’s are more methodical. I think that is the difference in the scoring margins between these two teams. Louisa’s defense this year is as good if not better than any defense Louisa has put on the field since 2006. If EV runs through them then hats off. Of the common opponents that EV and Louisa faces the only opinion I really might care about is the Courtland opinion because they are a decent football team with knowledgeable fans. Bad teams that get beat week in and week out have a hard time distinguishing who is better and who is worse. If the New England Patriots beat the Browns by 17 and the Miami Dolphins beat them by 24, does that mean the Dolphins are obviously better than the Pats? Common opponent scoring margins and opposing fan opinions are only looked at by the folks that have never sat in a film room or stood on a sideline as a coach. These two teams should put on a great display on Friday night because they are both tremendous teams and programs.

If EVs defense is “much” better than Louisa’s then we should just call this game and the rest of the playoffs because EV will cake walk.

To me this game is strength on strength. EV offense vs. Louisa Defense. EVs offense seems to be more explosive, big play type drives where as Louisa’s are more methodical. I think that is the difference in the scoring margins between these two teams. Louisa’s defense this year is as good if not better than any defense Louisa has put on the field since 2006. If EV runs through them then hats off. Of the common opponents that EV and Louisa faces the only opinion I really might care about is the Courtland opinion because they are a decent football team with knowledgeable fans. Bad teams that get beat week in and week out have a hard time distinguishing who is better and who is worse. If the New England Patriots beat the Browns by 17 and the Miami Dolphins beat them by 24, does that mean the Dolphins are obviously better than the Pats? Common opponent scoring margins and opposing fan opinions are only looked at by the folks that have never sat in a film room or stood on a sideline as a coach. These two teams should put on a great display on Friday night because they are both tremendous teams and programs.
Good analysis you sound like Hoos but to say Louisa has such a good defense is mind boggling considering they didn’t put many teams away until the second half. Chancellor almost came back in that game and there were other games like the Monticello game that scored more than Chancellor. Yeah, they may have a good defense but I don’t think it’s a defense that any good offensive team couldn’t score 28+ on.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Unlike Hoos I don’t say these things every year or week. I’ve been around the program for 13 years and feel like from top to bottom it’s the most complete defense Louisa has had. All 11 fly to the ball on every play. That is definitely the 1st time I’ve said that about an LC defense. Most of the scoring by bad teams has been against the twos. The starters barely played past halftime against Monticello for instance. Now do I think EV has been better against bad teams? Yes. Does that make me feel a certain way about this game? no. As stated I think it will be a great game.

It’s playoffs!! No one is killing anyone after the first round!! Nonsense you can’t compare teams on paper anyways! Yes it’s fun to have an opinion this that and the other but what matters is when these two teams line up Friday night, it’s going to be a drag out, knock down, old fashion dog fight and we all can’t wait to see it!! Again paper means nothing but what is interesting to me is Powhatan was up on Louisa at halftime, Louisa was able to come back and sneak past them! Powhatan only beat Midlothian by 7, so similar competition on paper....EV demolished Midlothian.....just a thought for everyone out there

Reactions: CollegeGameDay
It’s playoffs!! No one is killing anyone after the first round!! Nonsense you can’t compare teams on paper anyways! Yes it’s fun to have an opinion this that and the other but what matters is when these two teams line up Friday night, it’s going to be a drag out, knock down, old fashion dog fight and we all can’t wait to see it!! Again paper means nothing but what is interesting to me is Powhatan was up on Louisa at halftime, Louisa was able to come back and sneak past them! Powhatan only beat Midlothian by 7, so similar competition on paper....EV demolished Midlothian.....just a thought for everyone out there
Louisa had that happen this year more often than they want to admit. EV will roll

My opinion was based on film study and observation from the sideline...not as a fan. I'm not basing my prediction on common opponents, but more on the "eye test". I believe EV's offense is better this year and Louisa's is down some from last year. I also think EV's defense is better than last year and Louisa's is down some from last year. Bottom line is that I think Louisa is down a bit across the board and EV is slightly better than last year across the board. I think that might equate to a comfortable EV victory...but it might not, that's why we play the games. Good luck to EVERYONE Friday and here's hoping everyone stays safe and healthy.

Reactions: OCBoy
Good analysis you sound like Hoos but to say Louisa has such a good defense is mind boggling considering they didn’t put many teams away until the second half. Chancellor almost came back in that game and there were other games like the Monticello game that scored more than Chancellor. Yeah, they may have a good defense but I don’t think it’s a defense that any good offensive team couldn’t score 28+ on.

For better perspective. Chancellor came out in triple option for first time this season against Louisa, which caught the Lions off guard. They adjusted and shut it down on the fly. When they played us later in the season, they ran a completely different defense to defend triple than they did against Chancellor.
They led Monticello 42-0 at half and put the subs in midway through the 3rd. Monticello scored all 28 points against the 2's. Louisa 2nd offense had 3 turnovers including a pick six late in that game. Monticello also scored when Louisa had 10 defenders on the field in the 4th. That 42-28 score is very misleading.

You guys have it right though, the Louisa Defense vs the EV Offense is the key matchup. If EV can get the passing game going consistently, they will have a good chance to win. I don't think Louisa's offense is better this year but it is more balanced. I don't think the QB is phenomenal by any stretch, he certainly doesn't provide the running threat that Bell did but he's a level above when it comes to passing. While Louisa has this new balance, I think they are actually easier to stop this year. Bell, Jones and Whalen running straight at you all night would break you and most times you just couldn't stop it even if you knew it was coming. This year, it's more conventional spread play calling and less " rugby scrum,break your will single wing" type football.

While Lowry is a more complete QB this year, losing Hunter, Spangler and those other two WR/DBs, no way I can say EV is better on offense this year. I think both teams were better last year. I expect a tight game, could come down to FG or which defense can get the last stop. I'll take Louisa 28-27. Hatfield goes for two and the win late in the 4th and Louisa gets the stop. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see EV win. Would be very surprised if either team won by more than 2 scores. Good Luck Lions and Cyclones, hope everyone stays healthy.

For better perspective. Chancellor came out in triple option for first time this season against Louisa, which caught the Lions off guard. They adjusted and shut it down on the fly. When they played us later in the season, they ran a completely different defense to defend triple than they did against Chancellor.
They led Monticello 42-0 at half and put the subs in midway through the 3rd. Monticello scored all 28 points against the 2's. Louisa 2nd offense had 3 turnovers including a pick six late in that game. Monticello also scored when Louisa had 10 defenders on the field in the 4th. That 42-28 score is very misleading.

You guys have it right though, the Louisa Defense vs the EV Offense is the key matchup. If EV can get the passing game going consistently, they will have a good chance to win. I don't think Louisa's offense is better this year but it is more balanced. I don't think the QB is phenomenal by any stretch, he certainly doesn't provide the running threat that Bell did but he's a level above when it comes to passing. While Louisa has this new balance, I think they are actually easier to stop this year. Bell, Jones and Whalen running straight at you all night would break you and most times you just couldn't stop it even if you knew it was coming. This year, it's more conventional spread play calling and less " rugby scrum,break your will single wing" type football.

While Lowry is a more complete QB this year, losing Hunter, Spangler and those other two WR/DBs, no way I can say EV is better on offense this year. I think both teams were better last year. I expect a tight game, could come down to FG or which defense can get the last stop. I'll take Louisa 28-27. Hatfield goes for two and the win late in the 4th and Louisa gets the stop. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see EV win. Would be very surprised if either team won by more than 2 scores. Good Luck Lions and Cyclones, hope everyone stays healthy.

Well said on all fronts. I finally saw EV vs Orange. EV is certainly explosive as advertised. Was a bit surprised how easily orange ran the ball though. They penaltied and fumbles there way out of good offensive drives. Ultimately EV was the far superior team regardless. I think EV needs to focus on trying to stop the power run game of Louisa. Louisa needs to not let Matt Lowry take QB keepers to the house. If he beats you throwing it then so be it. EV needs to make Louisa beat them in the air. I think this one might come down to who can do something out of their comfort zone with success. I agree with @one man... a lopsided victory by either team would shock me. I expect a close one. This will by far the best team both squads have played. That is undebateable.

Aside from this matchup, I just don’t understand how Monacan lost to Midlothian. No excuse for Monacan not being able to score more on that defense. Either way, I’ll take EV or Louisa to represent 4B.

and
I can respect that. Never seen EV myself but I do believe Louisa is a good squad. Just hard to imagine that a team with Brandon Smith would get blown out. Glad you agree that won't happen. A close game is what I expect, I still lean towards Louisa bc I like ball control teams in close games.[/QUOTE

My opinion was based on film study and observation from the sideline...not as a fan. I'm not basing my prediction on common opponents, but more on the "eye test". I believe EV's offense is better this year and Louisa's is down some from last year. I also think EV's defense is better than last year and Louisa's is down some from last year. Bottom line is that I think Louisa is down a bit across the board and EV is slightly better than last year across the board. I think that might equate to a comfortable EV victory...but it might not, that's why we play the games. Good luck to EVERYONE Friday and here's hoping everyone stays safe and healthy.
lol louisa is not down from last year they are just diff. than last year. all the games were low scoring until the middle 3rd to the end of the fourth THAT is where teams scored the major points in their games as the subs entered the game. and they are not a one man d Aponte has done a great job this year as well as Robinson and Hunter.

I think it all has about been covered here and ill take Louisa because they are my boys and I travel from philly to see them play. I would not be surprised at all if EV wins this one but some of you guys are way to over confident in EV and that comparison between same opponents is a waste of time. its post season now baby and things are so diff. id like to know how serious the injuries are to the lions this week I know 4 guys left the field in the second half with leg and shoulder injuries. final note those guys that were taking shots at Brandons knees need to be suspended as it happened 3 times Friday.

Reactions: OCBoy
lol louisa is not down from last year they are just diff. than last year. all the games were low scoring until the middle 3rd to the end of the fourth THAT is where teams scored the major points in their games as the subs entered the game. and they are not a one man d Aponte has done a great job this year as well as Robinson and Hunter.
I would agree with the fact that they are different. Last year they could just line up and impose their will and I don't think they can do that this year which makes them slightly weaker on offense. The biggest loss for them was Job Whalen. He, along with Bell made their running game unstoppable. Not sure how anyone could reason that a team that played in the state finals and lost 18 starters wouldn't at least drop off slightly. They may win it all this year, but they will do it with a team that is not as strong as last year's team, especially in the trenches. I am not trying to slight the current players, just trying to honor and recognize last year's.

sorry I meant to say the defense was different in response to the post you made. the offense I cant figure out because of the loss of the big three last year. Hunter does a great job but he carries the major load on offense. oh and the field my have been covered last week but it was a loose field and hard for both sides to get a grip.

Reactions: one man
sorry I meant to say the defense was different in response to the post you made. the offense I cant figure out because of the loss of the big three last year. Hunter does a great job but he carries the major load on offense. oh and the field my have been covered last week but it was a loose field and hard for both sides to get a grip.
I got you. The defense may indeed be better overall, just not up front. They lost a beast on the d-line who is now at JMU. LBs and DBs are definitely better this year. I am really looking forward to seeing Louisa's offense against EVs defense. Good luck to all!

Reactions: one man
I think it all has about been covered here and ill take Louisa because they are my boys and I travel from philly to see them play. I would not be surprised at all if EV wins this one but some of you guys are way to over confident in EV and that comparison between same opponents is a waste of time. its post season now baby and things are so diff. id like to know how serious the injuries are to the lions this week I know 4 guys left the field in the second half with leg and shoulder injuries. final note those guys that were taking shots at Brandons knees need to be suspended as it happened 3 times Friday.
Over confident? Yeah, Louisa fans aren’t confident at all.

Actually I haven’t seen one Louisa poster make a prediction other than it being a close Louisa win. Every EV poster is “certain” that it will be a 2 to 3 score game by mid-3rd quarter and an easy EV win. I appreciate the commentary from the few folks that have actually watched Louisa play this year and realize that defensively they are a really good football team probably better than last year due to the sum of their parts. The offense is where the uncertainty lies due to their lack of experience in big games. But one major advantage that no one has spoken about is the coaching staff. Louisa is full of guys that have won big game after big game as both coaches and players, including a FCS National Championship for the head ball coach himself and NFL playoff and possibly Super Bowl victories for one of his assistants while with the Redskins. And after watching the playoff run last year, I’m convinced Coach Patrick will have a few wrinkles up his sleeve for the offense that could give them an edge. In the end I will go Louisa 29 EV 28. Late 2 point conversion for the win. I hope everyone makes a safe trip up and down 522 for this one that I am sure will push for record attendance numbers in the Jungle.

Actually I haven’t seen one Louisa poster make a prediction other than it being a close Louisa win. Every EV poster is “certain” that it will be a 2 to 3 score game by mid-3rd quarter and an easy EV win. I appreciate the commentary from the few folks that have actually watched Louisa play this year and realize that defensively they are a really good football team probably better than last year due to the sum of their parts. The offense is where the uncertainty lies due to their lack of experience in big games. But one major advantage that no one has spoken about is the coaching staff. Louisa is full of guys that have won big game after big game as both coaches and players, including a FCS National Championship for the head ball coach himself and NFL playoff and possibly Super Bowl victories for one of his assistants while with the Redskins. And after watching the playoff run last year, I’m convinced Coach Patrick will have a few wrinkles up his sleeve for the offense that could give them an edge. In the end I will go Louisa 29 EV 28. Late 2 point conversion for the win. I hope everyone makes a safe trip up and down 522 for this one that I am sure will push for record attendance numbers in the Jungle.
Winning by 1 or 20...doesn’t matter. You’re either confident they’ll win or you’re not.

Out of all the posts on this thread maybe one is an EV fan

Reactions: FoxesPride
you be confident I'm a realist. I know eastern view is a really good team and I think we can beat them but I'm not going to sit on this forums and be a asshat talking a bunch of useless bs ill let you handle that. last year ppl said louisa couldn't beat Dinwiddie or Monacan at their home field and they did it so I don't have to hype them I believe just fine. Go Lions!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in the state knows Chancellor runs the triple. Laughable to try and pass it off as something out of the norm. Their head coach literally wrote a book on how to run the triple option. Grasp harder

Everyone in the state knows Chancellor runs the triple. Laughable to try and pass it off as something out of the norm. Their head coach literally wrote a book on how to run the triple option. Grasp harder

Yeah because the whole state keeps tabs on Chancellor's offensive scheme. Don't try to come for me B!o_O Matter of fact, come this Friday down to Mineral so we can sit and watch this 35-17 EV win you predicting.

Last edited:
Yeah because the whole state keeps tabs on Chancellor's offensive scheme. Don't try to come for me B!o_O Matter of fact, come this Friday down to Mineral so we can sit and watch this 35-17 EV win you predicting.
ill be there wooohooo

Don't be too hard on him.....notice he's a rook on this board. I just hope the first series or two do not have any bad mistakes for either side. My guess is that both sides will have a ton of energy coming out of the locker rooms.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
My 2 cents...
Last time both teams have matched up was in 2012. Ev won on a late touchdown pass. Since then, both teams have improved greatly and are two different programs now. As for the scheduling conversation, no doubt these teams need to play each other every year being only 30ish minutes away. Would be a huge game every year for both the teams and the schools financially. I have heard that Ev AD has made Louisa first priority to get on the schedule every scheduling cycle but Louisa does not want to play.

For Friday's game I don't think wont be a blowout either way. Both teams are to good for that to happen. However I think Ev matches up better. Ev's defense can get stops and slow down Lousia's offense more than I think Louisa can slow down Ev's offense. With a guy like Smith on the field however, he can alone make plays that could change the game but he also can not cover the entire field and Ev will make sure to use the whole field to exploit that. There will be many "explosion plays" for both teams, who ever weathers these punches and responds back better will have the edge. I believe this might come down to who has the ball last.

@BleedingNavy would love to come back down to Dinwiddie for a rematch of last year.

My 2 cents...
Last time both teams have matched up was in 2012. Ev won on a late touchdown pass. Since then, both teams have improved greatly and are two different programs now. As for the scheduling conversation, no doubt these teams need to play each other every year being only 30ish minutes away. Would be a huge game every year for both the teams and the schools financially. I have heard that Ev AD has made Louisa first priority to get on the schedule every scheduling cycle but Louisa does not want to play.

For Friday's game I don't think wont be a blowout either way. Both teams are to good for that to happen. However I think Ev matches up better. Ev's defense can get stops and slow down Lousia's offense more than I think Louisa can slow down Ev's offense. With a guy like Smith on the field however, he can alone make plays that could change the game but he also can not cover the entire field and Ev will make sure to use the whole field to exploit that. There will be many "explosion plays" for both teams, who ever weathers these punches and responds back better will have the edge. I believe this might come down to who has the ball last.

@BleedingNavy would love to come back down to Dinwiddie for a rematch of last year.
Yes....there were a couple of really good games between these two teams the first few years EV opened. It's a shame they didn't keep that game going every year.

Yes....there were a couple of really good games between these two teams the first few years EV opened. It's a shame they didn't keep that game going every year.

They dropped them to play a couple of cycles with TA lol

Maybe I'm way off base but there is no way at this point I would schedule a perennial powerhouse in my region. I get traditions and all that but I would not want to see anyone twice if I can help it, especially if it's a toss up type game.
I agree. Other than gate purposes I’d schedule someone from the C/D region. Hopefully some day the old Battlefield district will be back in place. Louisa and Orange both would be great additions.

Reactions: Cpep_greatest
I can say Louisa tries to schedule a schedule that is based on points as well as the best team in our area to play. I think that shows with the points how it is this year. Our strength of schedule is strong. Next year our strength of schedule will be stronger. There will not be a post from this poster on whether EV refused to schedule Louisa or Louisa refused to schedule EV. They both play Friday and that is what matters. Play hard and stay safe. Come early if you want a seat. Pleanty of black top parking!! I’m still trying to sell more Hotdogs but 2. Lol

Reactions: Lions1983
I agree. Other than gate purposes I’d schedule someone from the C/D region. Hopefully some day the old Battlefield district will be back in place. Louisa and Orange both would be great additions.
Culpeper should be in the Battlefield as well. They're going to 4A next year but staying in that silly 16-team district.

why not? Just wondering. Back when they played it was the first game of the season. As a coach I would want to play a powerhouse especially early in the season. Coaches now a days have film on the other team from almost every game so it wouldn't be because they do not wanna show them the playbook

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT