ADVERTISEMENT

Essex focus on Riverheads Save Your Gas Money Tigers !

I agree that Sussex is better. I also agree that Riverheads is not the unbeatable power of last year.

However, Riverheads will be too strong at home for anyone in 1A.

Interesting - Sussex could defeat Essex this weekend as you predict but I doubt it.

Of course, turnovers can change a game in anyone's favor.
Why do you doubt it? A Sussex win...if its just a personal opinion I understand. If you have something to go off please share. I think it could go either way...depends on who want it more.

Riverheads vs. Sussex in Staunton or Riverheads traveling to King George or King William to play Essex? Hey what happened to William Campbell did they just pack up and get ready for basketball season. Lets get ready for a couple of exciting weeks of football. Congratulations and Good luck to all the teams and coaches involved

I
Riverheads vs. Sussex in Staunton or Riverheads traveling to King George or King William to play Essex? Hey what happened to William Campbell did they just pack up and get ready for basketball season. Lets get ready for a couple of exciting weeks of football. Congratulations and Good luck to all the teams and coaches involved
I'm with you on that...I hope William Campbell and Sussex can pull off victories but I will settle for 1 out of 2 with Sussex coming away with the victory this Saturday lol

Reactions: OHandEIGHTwhatNOW?
Not you I’m referring to , posted it wrong but yeah I only support Sussex and people up here hate that.
No one hates that you support Sussex. We’re all cool with the rest of the Sussex posters on here and they support Sussex. You’re the one that comes out of left field with some crazy posts and when posters don’t post what you want to hear, you nut up. This whole thread of yours was started all because uvacavs posted that he thought Essex would win and face Riverheads. If he had said Sussex will win and face Riverheads, you would of been ok with. If he picked Sussex, none of us Essex supporters would of been on here talking bout “we don’t get any respect.”

No one hates that you support Sussex. We’re all cool with the rest of the Sussex posters on here and they support Sussex. You’re the one that comes out of left field with some crazy posts and when posters don’t post what you want to hear, you nut up. This whole thread of yours was started all because uvacavs posted that he thought Essex would win and face Riverheads. If he had said Sussex will win and face Riverheads, you would of been ok with. If he picked Sussex, none of us Essex supporters would of been on here talking bout “we don’t get any respect.”
Go after uvacavs for claims of disrespect not me ! I’m not changing who I am

Essex Trojan after the first meeting between Sussex and Essex you gave every excuse imaginable why Essex lost the game lol!

Essex Trojan after the first meeting between Sussex and Essex you gave every excuse imaginable why Essex lost the game lol!
Aug. 26, 2017 on Page 10.....this is what I posted ....”Like last year, Essex D is ahead of the offense. To many turnovers by Essex didn't help. Only score of the game came from a poor screen attempt by Essex that was picked off and returned about 30 yards for a td. Essex had one chance to score but the pass was overthrown from 20 something yards to the back corner of the end zone. One thing that surprised me was Essex didn't try any deep passes. Got some things to work on for the offense” Once again you are flipping stuff. Anyone that was there will tell u those things happen. Not once did I say anything negative about Sussex. This will be my last post to you about this. Waste of my time. Good luck to both Essex and Sussex. Oh...I typed Essex 1st because it’s in Alphabetical order. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Aug. 26, 2017 on Page 10.....this is what I posted ....”Like last year, Essex D is ahead of the offense. To many turnovers by Essex didn't help. Only score of the game came from a poor screen attempt by Essex that was picked off and returned about 30 yards for a td. Essex had one chance to score but the pass was overthrown from 20 something yards to the back corner of the end zone. One thing that surprised me was Essex didn't try any deep passes. Got some things to work on for the offense” Once again you are flipping stuff. Anyone that was there will tell u those things happen. Not once did I say anything negative about Sussex. This will be my last post to you about this. Waste of my time. Good luck to both Essex and Sussex. Oh...I typed Essex 1st because it’s in Alphabetical order. Nothing more, nothing less.
Never said you said anything negative sir, show me were I did ?

If I can squeeze into the middle of this donnybrook long enough to ask a serious question..........if the two winners this weekend are Essex and Riverheads, I understand that Essex would host the semi-final. But what would determine where that game would be held? Does the VHSL prohibit Essex from hosting semis, due to their apparently inferior facilities, or would it possibly still be held there? If they did have to move it, what would dictate whether it would be held at KG or KW? Either would be roughly the same distance for RHS to travel, so it would not matter that much. Notice all the "ifs" in my post, so I am not trying to look ahead or disrespect anyone or their team...just asking a question.

If I can squeeze into the middle of this donnybrook long enough to ask a serious question..........if the two winners this weekend are Essex and Riverheads, I understand that Essex would host the semi-final. But what would determine where that game would be held? Does the VHSL prohibit Essex from hosting semis, due to their apparently inferior facilities, or would it possibly still be held there? If they did have to move it, what would dictate whether it would be held at KG or KW? Either would be roughly the same distance for RHS to travel, so it would not matter that much. Notice all the "ifs" in my post, so I am not trying to look ahead or disrespect anyone or their team...just asking a question.
If Essex wins, we will host at one of the 2 schools (KW/KG). That’s if they let us. If we can’t use one of those 2 schools, Essex will need to find another. Either way they game will be in our neck of the woods. “IF” we win Friday. We might can try 5A Lee-Davis in Mechanicsville just outside of the Richmond area. That’s about a 40 or so minute drive South West of Tappahannock.

Last edited:
The Goat From JMU always show up on the scene with a crazy post...who do he root for? High school? Only thing that is obvious...he/she hate the Tri-Rivers District

I never been to Riverheads..what is so special about their field? Just curious...
Nothin really. Some of the locals say it’s like playing in a pasture field but they just mad because they don’t play into Novermber very often on their manicured high dollar field. Good food and loud fans is about all there is to say about it.

I still find it odd that so many are not seeing WC as strong as I am. They are solid and have a very good shot at the “upset” if you will. Been saying since early in the season when everybody was discounting them in the polls, nobody wants to play them right now.

As for the Sussex/Essex game, I don’t know enough to say but both are legit so I don’t get the whole people disrespecting thing. I haven’t seen it myself but I am not the sharpest pencil in the pack.

Reactions: Optimal62
Nothin really. Some of the locals say it’s like playing in a pasture field but they just mad because they don’t play into Novermber very often on their manicured high dollar field. Good food and loud fans is about all there is to say about it.

I still find it odd that so many are not seeing WC as strong as I am. They are solid and have a very good shot at the “upset” if you will. Been saying since early in the season when everybody was discounting them in the polls, nobody wants to play them right now.

As for the Sussex/Essex game, I don’t know enough to say but both are legit so I don’t get the whole people disrespecting thing. I haven’t seen it myself but I am not the sharpest pencil in the pack.
Thanks for the info...

I have never thought of Riverheads as being any tougher a place to play than any other. It is the players and the coaching that determine the outcome of any game, not how long or what type the grass is. Riverheads can be beaten at home and has been. In the last ten years or so, ask Wilson, Buffalo Gap, Altavista, King William, Gretna, William Campbell, to name the few that come to mind.

If Essex wins, we will host at one of the 2 schools (KW/KG). That’s if they let us. If we can’t use one of those 2 schools, Essex will need to find another. Either way they game will be in our neck of the woods. “IF” we win Friday. We might can try 5A Lee-Davis in Mechanicsville just outside of the Richmond area. That’s about a 40 or so minute drive South West of Tappahannock.
Question? is the Essex game Friday at 7:00 PM or Saturday at 1:00 PM?

As for the Sussex/Essex game, I don’t know enough to say but both are legit so I don’t get the whole people disrespecting thing. I haven’t seen it myself but I am not the sharpest pencil in the pack.[/QUOTE

u forgot one thing the FIREWORKS

I have never thought of Riverheads as being any tougher a place to play than any other. It is the players and the coaching that determine the outcome of any game, not how long or what type the grass is. Riverheads can be beaten at home and has been. In the last ten years or so, ask Wilson, Buffalo Gap, Altavista, King William, Gretna, William Campbell, to name the few that come to mind.
Interesting...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT