ADVERTISEMENT

Essex focus on Riverheads Save Your Gas Money Tigers !

If you coming to Tappahannock with that attitude, you might as well stay home. We are coming to watch 2 good teams battle, not some fan with bad sportsmanship.
What are you assuming Sir ? You guys are always looking to meet each other, why can’t I ? Lol

I still would like to know where he thinks Essex is focused on or even talking about Riverheads? He must not have been around long, or doesn't know Coach Jones very well.

Reactions: the___kid07
I still would like to know where he thinks Essex is focused on or even talking about Riverheads? He must not have been around long, or doesn't know Coach Jones very well.
Essex h
Well... I will ask, who are you calling out then? I can assure you 100% that Essex as a TEAM isn't focused on anyone or anything other than Sussex! We play whoever is next on the schedule and then see what or who is next. Whether it's basketball or 1B, we will take it in stride. The only only one on here that seems to be disrespectful is your post. I have looked back and NOT a single person has disrespected Sussex. IN FACT, let me say, Sussex is the only blemish on Essex's record this year. I wont even say the best team will win Saturday in Tappahannock, Only the one that protects the ball and makes the fewest mistakes. Now go post that on the Bulletin Board. Essex has their own challenges to overcome this week in preparation for the Tigers and Riverheads or William Campbell are not it.
Please tell me in any instance where have I disrespected any program ? People don’t like the fact I’m totally 100% love my Tigers.

Go back to the top ten post...this is the first one
1. Essex (continuing to beat top 10 ranked teams, defense is the real deal)
2. Riverheads (only losses to good 2a teams)
3. Colonial Beach (tough freaking kids, don't sleep on em)
4. Sussex ( elite defense but can they get their offense going?
5. Galax (someone wanna let me know about this team?)
6. William Campbell (good QB but what else?)
7. Narrows (again dont know the west so someone fill me in here?)
8. Northumberland (Palmer & other athletes will win them a playoff game but can only carry a team so far)
9. West Point (couldn't pull off a win against young talented KW.... so who is their biggest W on their resume???)
10. Westmoreland (decent nothing great, Essex shut down "supposed" top RB & WR in NND)
11. GW? (Where do y'all think they fit in?

Let's see what y'all have as your top 10???

Another quote...
1-RH, they still haven't been beat at the 1A ranks so imo they are king until they do

2-Galax, Freakish coaching and kids who buy into everything he says. And it doesn't hurt they have talent to. Oh and get used to seeing this group they are loaded with underclassmen

3-Essex, We all knew this was coming Essex is due for a run. And from what I hear they are beyond talent and I believe it.

4-Sussex, One of the best defensive teams I've seen. Well coached and imo slept on way to much.

5-CB, Don't know a ton about them other than they've lost to 2 great teams and seem legit not to be slept on it appears.

6-WC, I don't know to much about this team other than they've looked good on video. And the QB they have is a baller won't be surprised to see a deep run here.

7-Narrows, 1 loss to Giles who imo could be around deep into November maybe December. The wave hasn't seen this level of success in quite some time. Let's see how they handle the pressure and some real competition at 1A. They have a test this week against PM who is better than they've shown so we will see.

8-GW, We've crapped the bed all year so... Good group but it's alot of me ball and no heart.

9-Chilhowie, This team is damn good and they are young where it counts. They beat GW everywhere but the scoreboard and should've done that if they hadn't stalled. Imo this is your region D champion and if the ball bounces right maybe your representative from the West. Anything can happen under those lights.

10-this spot belongs to well idk. There are a few teams I could see here. Grundy, Covington, WP, hell maybe even PM. Any of these teams could turn it on when it counts. Folks Galax was 6-4 and won it all BB was 5-5 and won it all so you never know...

Best of luck to any team fortunate enough to make it to the second season

There are more throughout the last year or so. I'm not saying people are being disrespectful or not giving Sussex their just due...but let's not act like they are or have been the favorites. All the talk have been about RH, Galax and Essex from the majority. I will say that most posters have placed Sussex in the top 5 the entire year..that is a sign of respect! Not stirring up the pot because it is really nothing there...

Reactions: trutiger16
Riverheads losses this year came to teams who passed and had a good mobile QB. That describes William Campbell also. The QB is the real deal so far this year. Hope your right though.

Reactions: TIGER...NATION
Not defending Tru Tiger but from time to time there have been some shade being thrown..I don't have it written down but last year Our beloved Tigers barely received any respect(maybe a few posters) across the State. Again this year Essex has always been ranked higher than Sussex even though Sussex own the head to head. I must admit I have ranked Essex above Sussex too(don't take my Tiger card lol). Honestly I believe the Essex community, coaches and players respect Sussex. Both programs will prepare for this game and this game only. I just hope the Tigers can come through with the victory Saturday! #TigerPride
Again where have I disrespected Essex or anyone else ? Please expose me

Riverheads is 1-5 against William Campbell all time. All the games were playoff games. Here they are.
2008 WC 64 RH 6
2007 WC 47 RH 14
2006 RH 35 WC 31
2005 WC 33 RH 10
2003 WC 19 RH 7
2001 WC 14 RH 3

Reactions: obguthr
shendistrictsportsfan:

Don't overlook the fact that Brad Bradley was the WC coach then. He had RHS' number for sure, and those last two scores were grudge matches because of the 2006 upset. He intentionally ran up the scores those two games. Fortunately for Class 1 football, he has moved up in the ranks and is now someone else's nemesis. To my knowledge, WC is not the same team they were back in his day.

The current coach, Broggin, was the star QB in 2005 when they beat RH 33-10 and went on to win state that year, so he is familiar with RH and the history that goes along with it. Played RH twice in his career, 03 and 05 and won both.

Last edited:
shendistrictsportsfan:

Don't overlook the fact that Brad Bradley was the WC coach then. He had RHS' number for sure, and those last two scores were grudge matches because of the 2006 upset. He intentionally ran up the scores those two games. Fortunately for Class 1 football, he has moved up in the ranks and is now someone else's nemesis. To my knowledge, WC is not the same team they were back in his day.
Not familiar with the name, I googled him. This guy has an impressive resume and some big time mentors.

Riverheads is 1-5 all time against WC. All playoff games.
2008 WC 64 RH 6
2007 WC 47 RH 14
2006 RH 35 WC 31
2005 WC 33 RH 10
2003 WC 19 RH 7
2001 WC 14 RH 3
JUST SAYIN

Not taking sides here, but It doesn't take but some quick film review to pick up on tendencies. You don't have to see many games to catch these if you know what to look for. It just amazes me how coaches do not catch it themselves watching their own film so many times.

Another quote...
I in no way mean any disrespect to Sussex. I was there last year when they beat GW a damn good GW team. And Sussex just wanted it more played better and that D was crazy good. My posts about RH and Galax was simply to say that until a 1A team beats them they are top dog. And Galax is the class in the old West imo yes they have had some way off nights this year and have lost. But they show up when it matters like I believe they will this week in Narrows. If they get past Narrows then I think they will beat Chilhowie and head to Salem. Right now Sussex holds the head up against Essex so they should be favored in this week's game. But Essex is a team that only gets better with time that's not saying Sussex doesn't just that Essex seems to be on a mission as of late. Those 2 are going to beat the hell out of each other this week so if RH rolls WC they should be the fresher team and the simi's no matter who they play so that give them another advantage. We will all see in just a few days who is who and who is good but not elite this season. And if you want my 100% honest opinion the west is playing for 2nd place. Sussex, Essex, RH or WC is your Champions this year imo. Galax will match up better with some and will be outmatched against others. It's all going to be who is dealt the best hand. Right now I'm sticking to my previous predictions that RH will hold the gold for another year.

Two very good football teams, probably two of the best in 1A. Hard to beat a real good team twice in one year but it can be done. Seems like you take offense if anyone picks another team over your beloved tigers but it also looks like someone is looking for bulletin board material. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win.
I do believe the east is the beast this year. I’m having a hard time convincing myself any team in the West will win it.

I in no way mean any disrespect to Sussex. I was there last year when they beat GW a damn good GW team. And Sussex just wanted it more played better and that D was crazy good. My posts about RH and Galax was simply to say that until a 1A team beats them they are top dog. And Galax is the class in the old West imo yes they have had some way off nights this year and have lost. But they show up when it matters like I believe they will this week in Narrows. If they get past Narrows then I think they will beat Chilhowie and head to Salem. Right now Sussex holds the head up against Essex so they should be favored in this week's game. But Essex is a team that only gets better with time that's not saying Sussex doesn't just that Essex seems to be on a mission as of late. Those 2 are going to beat the hell out of each other this week so if RH rolls WC they should be the fresher team and the simi's no matter who they play so that give them another advantage. We will all see in just a few days who is who and who is good but not elite this season. And if you want my 100% honest opinion the west is playing for 2nd place. Sussex, Essex, RH or WC is your Champions this year imo. Galax will match up better with some and will be outmatched against others. It's all going to be who is dealt the best hand. Right now I'm sticking to my previous predictions that RH will hold the gold for another year.
Sussex is much better this year imo than last year

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I’m almost convinced that any one of the 4 teams left in the east, could beat any team in the West in the title game. I was high on Galax until Dougie P went down. Now I’m second guessing myself and wondering if any team in the West even has a shot.

Galax is very young and the youth shows up from time to time and in a big game that might bite them. I just think the teams from the east are the cream of the crop in 1A this year. As young as Galax is they're probably a year or so away from being really good. Dougie meant so much to this team in a lot of ways and it truly hurts not having him.

Reactions: MT2023 and FORT89
I didn't take it as disrespect..just making a point that some posters don't believe that Sussex doesnt belong in front of Essex. There is NOTHING wrong with what you said...it is your opinion and what fun would it be if we all agreed with each other on this discussion board lol

TruTiger I'm sure the Sussex staff probably cringes every time you post your "Us against the world" "woe is us" "Nobody thinks we can play B.S.". Everyone in the state is aware of the level of football played in Sussex County. I have not seen any Sussex games this season but if they are like any Sussex team in the past you are sure to see a great defensive team flying around to the ball and operating that wide split veer offense to perfection. I look forward to an excellent match up. I would make a prediction but last week I was called out by Mr. TruTiger for saying Sussex would win (and they did by more than the margin I picked) I was called out for calling Washington and Lee bad (never said that).

TruTiger I'm sure the Sussex staff probably cringes every time you post your "Us against the world" "woe is us" "Nobody thinks we can play B.S.". Everyone in the state is aware of the level of football played in Sussex County. I have not seen any Sussex games this season but if they are like any Sussex team in the past you are sure to see a great defensive team flying around to the ball and operating that wide split veer offense to perfection. I look forward to an excellent match up. I would make a prediction but last week I was called out by Mr. TruTiger for saying Sussex would win (and they did by more than the margin I picked) I was called out for calling Washington and Lee bad (never said that).
I never called you out you disrespected Washington and Lee , I was the one saying they were a very good team.

Not true, IF Riverheads were to win and Sussex were to win then Riverheads hosts. Higher power points are the deciding factor not predetermined.

Sel2, RedPrideNation is correct. The VHSL changed the playoff hosting criteria mid-season. It was not a well thought out decision and made the VHSL look like complete amateurs.

Riverheads would obviously want Sussex to win so they can play them at home.

Riverheads would soundly defeat Sussex at Riverheads. They have an amazing home field advantage and East teams ,well, do not usually perform as well out west.

Riverheads would go to Salem and most likely easily win the state title.

The best chance Region A has is for Essex to defeat Sussex and play Riverheads in Tappahannock.

Playing the Red Team at King George is like an away game and is not fair to the higher seed who earned the right to play at home.

This is my opinion - again, I am not with Essex - I am fairly confident this is how it would play out. No disrespect to anyone.

Feel free disagree or to post it on the bulletin board.

If you’re coming to Tappahannock with that attitude, you might as well stay home. We are coming to watch 2 good teams battle, not some fan with bad sportsmanship.
Were have I shown bad sportsmanship or disrespect to any team or community, please expose me if you can ? I guess I must kiss certain rear ends to gain acceptance lol

Sel2, RedPrideNation is correct. The VHSL changed the playoff hosting criteria mid-season. It was not a well thought out decision and made the VHSL look like complete amateurs.

Riverheads would obviously want Sussex to win so they can play them at home.

Riverheads would soundly defeat Sussex at Riverheads. They have an amazing home field advantage and East teams ,well, do not usually perform as well out west.

Riverheads would go to Salem and most likely easily win the state title.

The best chance Region A has is for Essex to defeat Sussex and play Riverheads in Tappahannock.

Playing the Red Team at King George is like an away game and is not fair to the higher seed who earned the right to play at home.

This is my opinion - again, I am not with Essex - I am fairly confident this is how it would play out. No disrespect to anyone.

Feel free disagree or to post it on the bulletin board.
No so sure RH takes down Sussex this year. Sussex is much better this year than last, and RH although a force no doubt, is not as strong as they were last year. But thats getting ahead. I am picking Sussex to win a nailbiter this week

No so sure RH takes down Sussex this year. Sussex is much better this year than last, and RH although a force no doubt, is not as strong as they were last year. But thats getting ahead. I am picking Sussex to win a nailbiter this week
I don't think Riverheads is as good as last year, they were a machine last year. They will still be a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs but time will tell just how good everyone is.

Reactions: uvacavs1

I agree that Sussex is better. I also agree that Riverheads is not the unbeatable power of last year.

However, Riverheads will be too strong at home for anyone in 1A.

Interesting - Sussex could defeat Essex this weekend as you predict but I doubt it.

Of course, turnovers can change a game in anyone's favor.

I agree that Sussex is better. I also agree that Riverheads is not the unbeatable power of last year.

However, Riverheads will be too strong at home for anyone in 1A.

Interesting - Sussex could defeat Essex this weekend as you predict but I doubt it.

Of course, turnovers can change a game in anyone's favor.
I never been to Riverheads..what is so special about their field? Just curious...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT