ADVERTISEMENT

Essex vs Riverheads best matchup in 10 years for 1A

This game could be a lot like the riverheads/Galax game in 15. Caleb spurling was the difference maker at linebacker for Galax...Robinson could have the same impact.

This game could be a lot like the riverheads/Galax game in 15. Caleb spurling was the difference maker at linebacker for Galax...Robinson could have the same impact.
Caleb was a beast, and Robinson is a beast, but rhs did not get there first first down until the 3rd quarter, I don't see that happening , if it does rhs will be down more than 7 like the Galax game, CCC is a beast himself and getting healthy and now playing defense, and he did show that stiff arm some in the last game, so we will see come sat, will be a classic high school playoff game, so come on out should be a great crowd

I don’t put it past Kamren Robinson To clamp both these guys back…. Very good on defense and has the ability to hold these guys to little if any yardage each.
Robinson is a beast but he won't be able to hold both of these rbs to to little or any yards the whole games, if he does rhs will get blown out of the game, CCC is a stud rb and is getting healthy

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I don’t put it past Kamren Robinson To clamp both these guys back…. Very good on defense and has the ability to hold these guys to little if any yardage each.
I can promise you one guys not going to do it, its gona take the whole team playing disciplined defense and not getting out of position. One guy tries to be the hero and blows his gap assignment its gona be a TD for CCC

Robinson gets the most focus and as a D1 recruit, rightfully so. But this entire Essex defense is good, especially DL Davione Garner-Rich. He's the difference maker in my opinion. A kid 300 lbs shouldn't be able to move like that. But the biggest difference in this Essex team in my opinion is the discipline. Past Essex teams didn't always have that, but that's not the case this year.

Robinson gets the most focus and as a D1 recruit, rightfully so. But this entire Essex defense is good, especially DL Davione Garner-Rich. He's the difference maker in my opinion. A kid 300 lbs shouldn't be able to move like that. But the biggest difference in this Essex team in my opinion is the discipline. Past Essex teams didn't always have that, but that's not the case this year.
It takes a lot of discipline on defense to keep Riverheads out of the end zone, they run the offense to perfection and wear you down then all of the sudden you have a young man or two a little out of place on defense and they're gone for six.

Just curious if anyone that Essex played run power? I am pretty sure KW did but I hadn’t caught it from any of the others. In most of the footage I have seen teams are spread and running versions of RPO with an emphasis on the tackle read stuff or short passes at or near the hashes.

Just curious if anyone that Essex played run power? I am pretty sure KW did but I hadn’t caught it from any of the others. In most of the footage I have seen teams are spread and running versions of RPO with an emphasis on the tackle read stuff or short passes at or near the hashes.
Sussex maybe?

Unfortunately, I don't believe it will be as close as everyone believes, it will be a two possession win either way.

Either Essex has the answer on D and completely shuts RHS down and their explosive offense capitalizes or RHS draws up LONNNNNGGGGG methodical scoring drives and keeps the ball away from Essex's offense.

Reactions: Eaglepride89
Does CCC have any offers as of yet? I am always reading on Preps about underclassman and their offers, but do not recall every seeing anything mentioned for him.

To me, CCC reminds me of former Staunton River RB Greyson Overstreet, who ended up at Richmond as a LB and then transferred to E&H. Similar running style, deceptive speed and also vital on defense.

Does CCC have any offers as of yet? I am always reading on Preps about underclassman and their offers, but do not recall every seeing anything mentioned for him.

To me, CCC reminds me of former Staunton River RB Greyson Overstreet, who ended up at Richmond as a LB and then transferred to E&H. Similar running style, deceptive speed and also vital on defense.
Overstreet might have been my favorite high school player to watch. As a single wing guy, it was a thing of beauty to watch him in that offense

Reactions: Bama1985
Game will be won/lost by the offensive/defensive lines..... you will know after the 1Q who will win.

Not sure if he has had any offers but I know he was invited to a lot of big time camps during the off season, and I heard he was invited and attended a game at UVA, also heard they were looking at him for defense. He is a great high school RB but dont see him at that position at the next level.

If you think 1 guy is gonna get the job done on both of these guys your wrong… Triple C and Luke Bryant is one of if not the best wingback duo in Riverheads history and have proven to come together and get it done in big games.. Last year in the championship both these guys ran wild for 400 yards combined. We know both are strong and can attack the edge with speed. Riverheads 35-20 Bryant and Cash run wild.

Sorry to report that the weather forecast has changed. It may hit 60 on Saturday but they now say "morning showers." I hate games being impacted by weather as much as I do games impacted by officials. So let's hope it is minor and out of here by game time.

If you think 1 guy is gonna get the job done on both of these guys your wrong… Triple C and Luke Bryant is one of if not the best wingback duo in Riverheads history and have proven to come together and get it done in big games.. Last year in the championship both these guys ran wild for 400 yards combined. We know both are strong and can attack the edge with speed. Riverheads 35-20 Bryant and Cash run wild.
It’s not a one or two man show on offense or defense for Essex. They play as one unit.

I wonder what kind of game it would be if we switch coaches ? Coach Norcross with the Essex athletes and Coach Jones with the discipline of the Gladiators . That would be something to watch !

Since this game should live up to its hype and to be the best game in 1a in 10 years, how many of the members of VA preps will attend, maybe meet at the flagpole before the game,

People think of Riverheads as the CCC show. A few others will throw in Bryant as well and talk about the two headed rushing attack, However, Riverheads actually has 3 very talented running backs and one could say that the other Cash, Cody, might be the hardest, most physical runner of the 3. He gets a good number of yards on those straight power dives. Three backs that run like they do will take a toll on any defense. I'm not saying Riverheads will win. These are two talented teams, two different philosophies and schemes. I know that Essex brings it on defense, but Riverheads delivers the pain on offense. Going to be some big collisions.

Reactions: TS69 and Bama1985
People think of Riverheads as the CCC show. A few others will throw in Bryant as well and talk about the two headed rushing attack, However, Riverheads actually has 3 very talented running backs and one could say that the other Cash, Cody, might be the hardest, most physical runner of the 3. He gets a good number of yards on those straight power dives. Three backs that run like they do will take a toll on any defense. I'm not saying Riverheads will win. These are two talented teams, two different philosophies and schemes. I know that Essex brings it on defense, but Riverheads delivers the pain on offense. Going to be some big collisions

People think of Riverheads as the CCC show. A few others will throw in Bryant as well and talk about the two headed rushing attack, However, Riverheads actually has 3 very talented running backs and one could say that the other Cash, Cody, might be the hardest, most physical runner of the 3. He gets a good number of yards on those straight power dives. Three backs that run like they do will take a toll on any defense. I'm not saying Riverheads will win. These are two talented teams, two different philosophies and schemes. I know that Essex brings it on defense, but Riverheads delivers the pain on offense. Going to be some big collisions.
People think of Riverheads as the CCC show. A few others will throw in Bryant as well and talk about the two headed rushing attack, However, Riverheads actually has 3 very talented running backs and one could say that the other Cash, Cody, might be the hardest, most physical runner of the 3. He gets a good number of yards on those straight power dives. Three backs that run like they do will take a toll on any defense. I'm not saying Riverheads will win. These are two talented teams, two different philosophies and schemes. I know that Essex brings it on defense, but Riverheads delivers the pain on offense. Going to be some big collisions

Cc has a cast on his hand, they all 3 have there style of running, and have a few others on the bench as well

Most of the pain comes from the O-line.

Lunenberg Central played a better schedule than Essex? Someone wrote Central played a tougher schedule than Essex?

Central's opponents records were 37 wins and 63 losses in the 10 game regular season and they played 1 team with a winning record in regular season.

Essex opponents records, 45-55. Essex played 4 teams in regular season with winning records.
Just goes to show that gladiator fence patrol doesn’t know what he is talking about

For Essex fans that will be making the trip, you will of course want to give yourselves plenty of time to allow for traffic and perhaps have lunch. My suggestion for that would be to take Exit 94 when you get to Waynesboro on I-64. There are probably 25 choices within a mile of that interchange. Then when you are finished, hop back on the highway and you are 20 minutes from the school.

The options range from fast food, such as Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Chick Fil A, and Jersey Mike's; to middle of the road such as KFC, Five Guys, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera, and McAlisters; to sit-down take-your-time dining such as Applebee's, Outback, and Cracker Barrel. Also at that same exit are a Chinese restaurant, two hugely popular Mexican places, and a combination Bar b q/seafood place called Fishin' Pig.

I have only scratched the surface because I can still think of 5-10 others that I didn't name! So if lunch and/or dinner after the game are in your plans, that will be the exit to take. But of course the RHS concession stand will be open for all times in between!!! Safe travels!!!!

Will riverheads be streaming the game on the radio and if so what station or webpage link? Got to work but might sneak a headphone on while working lol

Reactions: KWcavs360
For Essex fans that will be making the trip, you will of course want to give yourselves plenty of time to allow for traffic and perhaps have lunch. My suggestion for that would be to take Exit 94 when you get to Waynesboro on I-64. There are probably 25 choices within a mile of that interchange. Then when you are finished, hop back on the highway and you are 20 minutes from the school.

The options range from fast food, such as Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Chick Fil A, and Jersey Mike's; to middle of the road such as KFC, Five Guys, Buffalo Wild Wings, Panera, and McAlisters; to sit-down take-your-time dining such as Applebee's, Outback, and Cracker Barrel. Also at that same exit are a Chinese restaurant, two hugely popular Mexican places, and a combination Bar b q/seafood place called Fishin' Pig.

I have only scratched the surface because I can still think of 5-10 others that I didn't name! So if lunch and/or dinner after the game are in your plans, that will be the exit to take. But of course the RHS concession stand will be open for all times in between!!! Safe travels!!!!
Dont forget Greenvilles own Giovanis.

I can promise you one guys not going to do it, its gona take the whole team playing disciplined defense and not getting out of position. One guy tries to be the hero and blows his gap assignment its gona be a TD for CCC
EXACTLY!!!
You know what’s coming (over & over & over) 3 yds, 5 yds, 2 yds, then 70 yd TD, its mesmerizing to a point, you HAVE to maintain gap control and dont get “lulled to sleep”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT