ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL Battlefield District Regular Season Standings

CarolineCav99

VaPreps Rookie
Mar 25, 2002
Fredericksburg, VA
Here are the final Battlefield District Boys Basketball standings after the conclusion to the regular season tonight. The top four teams qualify for the district tournament, which will begin Monday, Feb. 12 at Caroline High School. Caroline will play Courtland, while Eastern View will square off with James Monroe.

Caroline 18-3, 10-2
Eastern View 11-10, 8-4
James Monroe 16-6, 8-4
Courtland 13-9, 7-5
Spotsylvania 5-17, 3-9
Chancellor 6-15, 3-9
King George 4-18, 3-9

Battlefield District Tournament
Semifinals
Mon. Feb. 12 at Caroline High School
Courtland vs. Caroline, 5:30p
James Monroe vs. Eastern View, approx. 7:15p

Finals
Wed. Feb. 14 at highest remaining seed
Chancellor vs. Caroline, JV Championship Game, 5:30p
Varsity Championship Game, approx. 7p

Last edited:
Are those 6:45 times correct because most are 7:30
Right now, Eastern View is the only Battlefield school still using the 6/7:30 schedule for JV/Varsity home games. The other six schools are on a 5:30/7 schedule, but what I’ve found is that they’re still starting the varsity games 20 mins after the conclusion of JV, so we’re running into some 6:45/50/55 tips. Because of that, I’ve listed them as 6:45 tips to be on the safe side.

Reactions: OCBoy
Right now, Eastern View is the only Battlefield school still using the 6/7:30 schedule for JV/Varsity home games. The other six schools are on a 5:30/7 schedule, but what I’ve found is that they’re still starting the varsity games 20 mins after the conclusion of JV, so we’re running into some 6:45/50/55 tips. Because of that, I’ve listed them as 6:45 tips to be on the safe side.
Starting 645/7 is so much better

Reactions: CarolineCav99
EV 55-48 over Courtland
The Battlefield is an interesting group. Everyone seems to be beating up everyone. Just when I think there's a clear-cut favorite, they end up getting beat. The tournament should be exciting.

The Battlefield is an interesting group. Everyone seems to be beating up everyone. Just when I think there's a clear-cut favorite, they end up getting beat. The tournament should be exciting.
Top four is only ones playing in the tournament so it might go like this
4. Courtland @ 1. Caroline
2/3 seed between JM/EV could go either way

After I saw JM beat Caroline in OT several weeks ago, I would not have predicted they would lose to Courtland or EV. Definitely hard to figure right now.
EV is a scrappy team, they just don't have any size down low. But when D'ago Hunter goes off for 30 points, they will compete pretty well against anyone in the Battlefield. That kid has to be the best athlete under 6-ft in this area that I've ever seen.

EV started the game with a JM Tech (pregame dunk) and then proceeded to get out to an 11-0 lead. The game was won there. JM got it to 1 point early in the 4th, but couldn't close it and EV stretched it late.

While David Ware is the best player in the district, JM has nights where they are by far the best team. They also have nights where they are the 4th best team in the district. Will be an interesting last week and tournament. Caroline has the inside track to hosting right now

The battlefield is inconsistent which leads me to believe no team will make it very deep in the playoffs. It would be no surprise to me if EV went to JM Friday and lost. Everyone has beaten up on each other. Kinda reminds me of the ACC again

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Huge loss by EV to Spotsy tonight (Caroline should be scratching its head after the way it played against EV Tuesday), 82-74. District’s regular season title and tournament top seed will now be decided solely by Friday’s JM at Caroline game. Updated standings and results in original post above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT