ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Monacan 42 Louisa 24

I don't think so. You are down in the mouth now. The old Hoos will be back. Your offense will be a load next year. Not trying to be mean, but you have to be balanced on both sides of the ball to win it all in the east. You will get there. Stay true to the Lions. Sherando is in the same boat. Both will make noise next year.

Good old fashion high school playoff game... not the cleanest game from either team. Both teams played hard. Louisa has some really good runners. Looks like the Jefferson District is packed with those between Cville and Louisa. Congrats to the Lions on a great season and much to look forward too. Job Whalen played hard and well. Looks like a good prospect for a college team. Regardless, playoff victory for the Chiefs on the road against a quality team... We'll take it!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
No, I'm serious. All but one of our DBs are seniors, and we have none on JV. Ragland graduates. Our Junior class is stacked but teams are going to do more of what C'ville, WA and Monacan did.

Last edited:
I believed you, but good programs find a way. We virtually lose our whole offensive line, qb and both defensive ends. We will have to mature quickly, but we will be okay.
Same for you guys. Just got to move people around.

Final: Monacan 42 Louisa 24. Good showing by my boys without Bell and Cherry. It sucks because I feel like Monacan's offense is better than Dinwiddie's, and Dinwiddie's defense is better than Monacan's, so if we could've out-scored Monacan we would have a fighting chance next week. Congratulations to the Chiefs!
Prediction: Dinwiddie 48, Monacan 7

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Prediction: Dinwiddie 48, Monacan 7
Check your records Gilliam. There has only been one blow out in this series since 2013. Dinwiddie leads the series 2-1, but the last two 2014 and 2015 were extremely close.

Both offenses mirror one another and the defenses arent bad either. Hope you are right, but I expect a close one.

I will be rooting for Monacan, by the way. I really would like to see them make up for that heartbreaking loss to Lake Taylor a couple of years ago. Plus, they are always a class act over there (not that Dinwiddie isn't).

I just have had a feeling that for Dinwiddie ever since the year started this another one of those "romp to the title" seasons.

Check your records Gilliam. There has only been one blow out in this series since 2013. Dinwiddie leads the series 2-1, but the last two 2014 and 2015 were extremely close.

Both offenses mirror one another and the defenses arent bad either. Hope you are right, but I expect a close one.
Yeah, but when Dinwiddie goes 10-0 the results aren't pretty. 53-13.

Dinwiddie should be 9-1, Dale totally blew that game and did nearly everything they could to do it. A blocked punt that Dinwiddie recovered in the end zone, a kickoff return for TD, and a fumble deep in their own territory, Din scored a few plays later. Din did have a TD called back, but even with that TD and without those Dale mistakes, Dale still wins. Din is still really good, but more beatable than you think. Monacan, EV and Chancellor are the teams with the best chances to beat them. Lake Taylor's personnel on offense plays right into Dinwiddie's strengths.

Hopefully one of these years, those kids will listen. They have the talent to win state titles. It's a shame that o line doesn't play like their size.
I caught some film on the EV/KG game tonight and KG definitely didn't play like their size. When I first looked at the film I'm like okay EV is going to have trouble with this O line/D line but first play from scrimmage they run straight up the middle for a long td run

Dinwiddie should be 9-1, Dale totally blew that game and did nearly everything they could to do it. A blocked punt that Dinwiddie recovered in the end zone, a kickoff return for TD, and a fumble deep in their own territory, Din scored a few plays later. Din did have a TD called back, but even with that TD and without those Dale mistakes, Dale still wins. Din is still really good, but more beatable than you think. Monacan, EV and Chancellor are the teams with the best chances to beat them. Lake Taylor's personnel on offense plays right into Dinwiddie's strengths.

When are you going to realize that good teams dont make excuses they find ways to win. Defense and special teams? Oh yeah we score in every phase. Nothing to be ashamed about. No one with the exception of Dale has even come close and lets be real here. Dale only lead 7-0. No other lead in that game. Come on dude. Would you trade the Lions three losses for a 29-19 tough win over a 6a team still in the playoffs? By the way, Dale crushed the Richmond team that beat Chancellor.

Hoos, I will leave you with this and let Devils, Mbonape, and Lafayette address the rest. I prayed really hard, but just like the last three seasons it just didnt work out. Good night sir.

Last edited:
I caught some film on the EV/KG game tonight and KG definitely didn't play like their size. When I first looked at the film I'm like okay EV is going to have trouble with this O line/D line but first play from scrimmage they run straight up the middle for a long td run
Hoos response to Gilliam was about Orange, but I believe you may have believed the hype and were expecting too much from KG. EV is undefeated for a reason. They are a good football team. They did what good teams do. Win and advance.

Lake Taylor wins the east. Telling you guys. Hoos is right on lion problems and lack of depth up front. They had a great season but they are another one and done year. 2 playoff wins since 2006? Fischer 2010 was his last and Meeks 2011 is that it? Yes I know we have yet to see the playoffs. Good for the jd getting two wins by Albemarle and the ville. 2-4 is better than I thought.

I don't usually post but here goes nothing. Hoos says Dinwiddie should have been 9-1. They are 11-0 for a reason. Yes, Dale made some mistakes in that game, but good teams use thier defense and special teams to capitalize. Dinwiddie won that game because they wanted it more and in the end they were the better team.I appreciate Gilliams enthusiasm but the Monacan game,in my opinion will be a hard fought nail biter. I am not saying Dinwiddie.is the best team. There are no excuses. We lost Tyree(top scorer) and Hudson ( second leading tackler) and no excuses. Their replacements have stepped up in big ways. Dinwiddie is a good football team, as are all the teams still playing. I respect everyone's opinion here and don't want to step on anyones toes. We will know who is the best in 4A soon, but right now our only concern is Monacan .

#66 makes a big difference on the line for KG, looks like he's been out the majority of the year.

Reactions: OCBoy
Hoos response to Gilliam was about Orange, but I believe you may have believed the hype and were expecting too much from KG. EV is undefeated for a reason. They are a good football team. They did what good teams do. Win and advance.
I knew he was talking about orange it just made me think of KG and I put them in the same category with orange

Just giving Dale's side of the story since there are no Dale fans here to do it. If y'all don't like it, oh well, it's still true.

Lake Taylor wins the east. Telling you guys. Hoos is right on lion problems and lack of depth up front. They had a great season but they are another one and done year. 2 playoff wins since 2006? Fischer 2010 was his last and Meeks 2011 is that it? Yes I know we have yet to see the playoffs. Good for the jd getting two wins by Albemarle and the ville. 2-4 is better than I thought.
Well maybe if things continue to not work out for you with our coaching, we can snag Coach Mills. He interviewed for the Louisa job in 2014. Do you think he'd magically fix things?

@1Gensfan notice in one of my posts during the game itself I said, "Louisa fumbles again but then Monacan kills themselves with penalties". So that should answer your question.

I don't usually post but here goes nothing. Hoos says Dinwiddie should have been 9-1. They are 11-0 for a reason. Yes, Dale made some mistakes in that game, but good teams use thier defense and special teams to capitalize. Dinwiddie won that game because they wanted it more and in the end they were the better team.I appreciate Gilliams enthusiasm but the Monacan game,in my opinion will be a hard fought nail biter. I am not saying Dinwiddie.is the best team. There are no excuses. We lost Tyree(top scorer) and Hudson ( second leading tackler) and no excuses. Their replacements have stepped up in big ways. Dinwiddie is a good football team, as are all the teams still playing. I respect everyone's opinion here and don't want to step on anyones toes. We will know who is the best in 4A soon, but right now our only concern is Monacan .

Dinwiddie is an excellent team, has won every game in spectacular fashion. They deserve all of the accolades they have received and has lived up to them. I have said it before... if you are undefeated then you are undefeated... PERIOD!

Mon may have gone undefeated if they played Dinwiddie schedule... But Hell Dinwiddie may have been undefeated anyways if they played Monacan's Schedule. We can talk about each teams close calls and blunder all we want but with Monacan and Dinwiddie all that goes out the window.

It is a special rivalry brewing over the past few years. The Chiefs feel like the Generals stole won last year at our place so they will be fired up. The Generals should be starting to smell champaign at this point and will be fired up as well. This point in the season no extra motivation is needed. Its not a redskins vs cowboys rivalry of hatred, its more of 2 teams with lots of similarities that know each other are dangerous. I'll be breaking this down in detail when we start talking about the actual matchup.

Mon basically modeled their program after Dinwiddie's in many ways. 2 D4 teams trying to figure out how to compete against district foes with over 1000 more kids. Whatever happened before 2014 was irrelevant bc Mon wasn't on the map then. My only hope is both teams bring their A games and may the best team move on and represent the Richmond area!

You are coming down to the game aren't you mb? We will all try to get together for a few minutes before the game.

I admire most of you guys humility and candor. I played at Monacan, coached in Chesterfield and Powhatan for 23 years (at the youth level) and can honestly say that several of my better friends are lifelong Dinwiddie residents. I know I have some names DP and BN would recognize.

I am amazed you guys don't lose your cool with some of the comments made here. Shame that Dinwiddie and Monacan have to play in the next round.

My test for BN and DP. These are a few of the names I played against for Dinwiddie:
Kevin Morgan
Larry Blackwell
Gary Wilkerson
Donald Brown
Were y'all around back in those days?

It just goes with the territory @Foxhound15. If you post on here eventually you will run into a good debate. Fans of Navy Nation know our strengths and weaknesses, so when the uniformed or haters speak poorly of our team we generally laugh among ourselves.

Salem, Sherando, GW Danville and LT have faced similar attacks in the past three years and though it is irritating at times its simply just words. For those fans who consistently critisize successful programs and their own teams rarely make a dent in the playoffs you just shrug it off. Everybody knows this type of fans agenda, but very few take up the challenge of debating their points. Some are what I call jumpers. Pick the latest and greatest thing abandoning their own team in the process.

Thanks to your service to the youth in the area. We need more heros like you.

My test for BN and DP. These are a few of the names I played against for Dinwiddie:
Kevin Morgan
Larry Blackwell
Gary Wilkerson
Donald Brown
Were y'all around back in those days?
I am a transplant. Have been in Dinwiddie since 1989. Have heard of these guys, but dont know them personally.

One thing I've noticed on here is folks seem to base fans' knowledge and opinions on how those fans' own teams are doing. So a fan isn't allowed to critique other teams if their own team doesn't do well, without getting attacked, which is stupid.

I am a transplant. Have been in Dinwiddie since 1989. Have heard of these guys, but dont know them personally.
You were right behind them. Morgan went to UVA, Wilkerson-Nebraska. I don't know where Brown ended up. Blackwell was drafted in baseball.
Dinwiddie had a couple tough years but by no means has risen from the ashes. They could play a little back in the day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT