ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Monacan 42 Louisa 24

I admire most of you guys humility and candor. I played at Monacan, coached in Chesterfield and Powhatan for 23 years (at the youth level) and can honestly say that several of my better friends are lifelong Dinwiddie residents. I know I have some names DP and BN would recognize.

I am amazed you guys don't lose your cool with some of the comments made here. Shame that Dinwiddie and Monacan have to play in the next round.

We will all have to get together, and compare who we know. Thank you on behalf of all of us on the forum. You may change your opinion when you see Navy and myself arguing in private about football.

I know what you are saying about having to play each other, but the after affect is that it adds a level of legitimacy for the winner.

One thing that worries me a little for the eventual winner is a letdown. It's such a huge game, physically and mentally, I worry that the after affects may linger to the following Friday.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I know them all by name, but I don't have a personal relationship with any of them, except Kevin. I've known him and his family on a casual basis my entire life. Great folks, BTW.

Growing up as a kid Kevin Morgan was my idol. Best running back to come out of Dinwiddie (Sorry Sadarius). He use to be one of my coaches in little league and this is while he was in high school. Donald Brown was the QB. Gary Wilkerson was everything went on to play with Penn State. One of many great Wilkersons to play for Dinwiddie .

One thing I've noticed on here is folks seem to base fans' knowledge and opinions on how those fans' own teams are doing. So a fan isn't allowed to critique other teams if their own team doesn't do well, without getting attacked, which is stupid.
Yeah can't agree with you more hoos.

One other thing, Louisa's hurry up tempo was faster than Monacan's. A few times, Monacan was caught struggling to get set on defense while Louisa had already snapped the ball. So in case anyone thinks it, that 804 tempo had nothing to do with Louisa's struggles on defense, as Louisa has practiced and played faster all year. Monacan simply had better players.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT