ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL - Warhill 50, Poquoson 19.

Looks like week 10 collision between Warhill and Lafayette unless Warhill stumbles against York in week 9. I guess that 42 points Poquoson gave up to Tabb actually was pretty indicative of the defense this year.

Last edited:
I think Poquoson's better than the score indicates...they stayed w/in striking distance until the end of the third quarter when Warhill scored on a 4th and 12 from the Poquoson 20, or so...that was the turning point in the game, which had a real snowball effect. Warhill didn't have much success running up the gut, but they made a living outside and broke off some big runs...saw a Lafayette coach there...I don't think the Rams will have too much trouble with the Lions, but we'll see.

I think Poquoson's better than the score indicates...they stayed w/in striking distance until the end of the third quarter when Warhill scored on a 4th and 12 from the Poquoson 20, or so...that was the turning point in the game, which had a real snowball effect. Warhill didn't have much success running up the gut, but they made a living outside and broke off some big runs...saw a Lafayette coach there...I don't think the Rams will have too much trouble with the Lions, but we'll see.
Yeah, I heard it 13-6 at the half and only a 7 point lead late into the 3Q. Lafayette is very tough on the run, inside or out. It’s the pass defense that could be tighter. We will see how Warhill handles Lafayette’s speed on offense. Two barn burners and a brutal inside runner. The freshman RB is the fastest Lafayette Rb I have seen in years.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard it 13-6 at the half and only a 7 point lead late into the 3Q. Lafayette is very tough on the run, inside or out. It’s the pass defense that could be tighter. We will see how Warhill handles Lafayette’s speed on offense. Two barn burners and a brutal inside runner. The freshman RB is the fastest Lafayette Rb I have seen in years.

I don't think I've seen the freshman running back...he's faster than Phillips?

Phillips is very fast but #21 Warren is even faster. Former Qb Kyle Hughes father sits with me and we both have been real impressed all season with his speed and play.
Wilkinson at 6 1 and 220 is the bruiser with speed and #11 transfer Gresham is also a burner but often is a wideout. Not where I would put him, too good in that spot with Lafayette’s limited passing attempts.

Didn't have anything better to do on Thursday, so saw this game in person and talked to some Poquoson parents. The Poquoson team at present, is a shadow of what they had at the start of the season. They may have five or six starters on both sides of the ball, that actually began the season as starters. The rest were either kicked off earlier, injured and out for the season, or quit in the middle of the season. They again have to reestablish a new identity because of all the lost players. With underclassmen and even more undersized than normal, Warhill completely manhandled them in the second half. Poquoson will make the playoffs in all likelihood, but depending on the first round matchup, winning a playoff game would be an upset in my opinion. If their coaching staff actually gets to region semi-final or final, they should win coach of the year honors. Have seen the Poquoson team many, many times through the years, and this is the weakest team I've seen since they were winless about 10-12 years ago.

Reactions: obguthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT