ADVERTISEMENT

First Round game Predictions

Oct 11, 2014
Buena Vista, VA
I'm new to this but here are my first round game predictions.

1) GW vs 16) Twin Spring
2) J.I. Burton vs 15) Covington
3) Galax vs 14) Narrows
4) Radford vs 13)Twin Valley
5) Honaker vs 12) North wood
6) Hurley vs 11) Auburn
7) Parry McClure vs 10) Bland
8) Patrick Henry vs 9) Rural Retreat

What does everyone eles thank of this.

And I don't think Bland will fall with a win at fc and Galax will jump Radford with a win but not Honaker as long as Honaker beats Ridgeview.

Bgboy, looks like you have done your home work just fine my friend. Who knows what may happens this weekend, upsets and OT's spread everywhere, goodness gracious it's football at it's best. Your picks looks just fine. Best of luck to your favorite team!

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
This should be a great week to watch some High school football lots of rivalries going on and for the 1st time ever you have a 9-0 Salem and a 9-0 Pulaski.

I'd love to see PM play either Bland or Northwood. Never played the Panthers before and if they were to play Bland it would be a rematch of a 1996 first round playoff game which saw a program in its infancy come up to BV and shock the Blues 14-7. Bland had a young man playing on that squad that only had one arm, he had lost his other in an auto accident. He was strong as an ox!

I have Honaker losing and Patrick Henry winning. But who knows! Just like to see what everyone eles thinks. I am a Fighting Blue (Parry McClure) Go Blue

Mmqp, that is the darnest story I heard since our Freshmen were penalized for picken' boogers in the huddle. Just kidding.That is one heck of a man as your described. I can see why you would want to see that team again, and just maybe that guy might show up from Bland. Bland is my favorite team, as this season has been a story for the ages. I just can't help but to pull for them farm boys.Go Bears!

Reactions: Jdphil2
Bgboy, Patrick Henry has one of the best runinn' backs in SWVA........Humphrey is his name. This guy is the real deal. He can run like a deer, but is built like a bowling ball. No one has stopped this dude down here, and I don't see Honaker stopping him either. Honaker is good, Honaker is not the Honaker of the last two years. The Tigers are young. If it comes down to a matchup between these two, my boots are on Humphery and PH.

Humphrey is the best RB in all of 1A no question he ate GW alive no one else even came close to running on us. He didn't run on us he ran over us and away from us.

That 96 Bland team also consisted of fewer than 18 players for the entire season. pretty amazing they made it to the regional finals with so few players. Don't think many Bland fans thought Bland had a chance in that game because as I remember there were very few at the game.

That 96 Bland team also consisted of fewer than 18 players for the entire season. pretty amazing they made it to the regional finals with so few players. Don't think many Bland fans thought Bland had a chance in that game because as I remember there were very few at the game.
96 was the last time GW and Bland played I think and you guys beat us that year right?

We beat you in 96 then played twice more I think, both times gw could have scored 100 if they wanted to.

I knew about the 96 game but not the others and I want to see Bland win a game or 2 in the playoffs or the state title for that matter. I was hoping to see them in round 2 at GW that would be my 1st time seeing the 2 play.

Somebody posted that in a earlier thread. I am just having fun with it. Hope Blasters blood pressure remains calm.

Bgboy, yep I would go with Ridgeview over Honaker, but just by a wisker. That new school Ridgeview as is summin' to see. I was over there for a Jam back in August, and Ridgeview looked a little rusty then, but I think they have got the kinks worked out now. RV had about 70 players dressed, and without a program, I could not tell one hog from another. RV has some size and speed, and are well coached. Both RV and Honaker play on artificial turf, so there is no advantage for the rug. Honaker will have to travel to RV. If I am Honaker, I would lay off the
"Baloney" cause you have to go round about 50 curves to get to the School House on top of that mountin. RV by 1.

Kap doesn't really bother me I think it will either make him work for it or it will show us what we need to do. Now the VD think makes me a bit mad what is the point in sending Manning another weapon? But oh well looks like its time to rebuild again.

Scags, I will have to say that Blaster does know his football. I love it when he gets all worked up. He like a buckin mule at a rodeo. Just to pour a little gas on the far, I seen about 75 GW young'uns run out the back door of the school one day when the head man was counting heads. It looked like Blaster was holler'n for them to hide. Heck, GW does have one of the best programs in Virginia, and just throw in Blaster as one of the best "Roons" in Wytheville.
Go Roons!

435 right now and I don't see that # going up any maybe down over the next few years but the talent will be getting a lot! better in about 2 years when the 8th grade is up. And even with us losing Wells and Hardin after this season it wont hurt we have some very good and very fast backs coming.

Reactions: dbeamer8
Yeah, I was excited about the possibility of gw bland match up in the second round. I think it would've been exciting for the community but a later round match up would be even better. Good luck to you guys. Hopefully we can get a win in the playoffs and build some confidence.

Scags, I will have to say that Blaster does know his football. I love it when he gets all worked up. He like a buckin mule at a rodeo. Just to pour a little gas on the far, I seen about 75 GW young'uns run out the back door of the school one day when the head man was counting heads. It looked like Blaster was holler'n for them to hide. Heck, GW does have one of the best programs in Virginia, and just throw in Blaster as one of the best "Roons" in Wytheville.
Go Roons!
This one still has me laughing! and man I try to be a good fan and support my team as much as I can. I know I come off as an ass sometimes but I really do respect all the teams and fans from other schools.

Yeah, I was excited about the possibility of gw bland match up in the second round. I think it would've been exciting for the community but a later round match up would be even better. Good luck to you guys. Hopefully we can get a win in the playoffs and build some confidence.
I'd love for us to meet very late in the playoffs and same to you guys good luck if my Maroons get put out Bland will quickly be one of my top teams.

I'd like to see another GW vs Galax game late in the playoffs and I would really like another GW vs Radford game. And as far as the future for GW I honestly think the team we have coming will be better than the 2012 team by a good bit. Those kids are as big as some of the varsity teams we have seen and faster than all of them.

Man, I thought this team had size ,speed,etc. If Harner and staff can coach them up they might do it again.

Bgboy, If PH and Humphrey plays RR in the 1st round, that will be a dog fight. Humphrey benin the Pitbull, going against that strong veer of RR, heck I see this thing going in bout 4 OT's, with PH pulling it out. Remember, PH beat Clintwood last year when Humpy was just a Soph. Clintwood couldn't handle him either. PH by 6 in OT.

Blands d has been reeling lately. Injuries killed them but if they can get through this Friday without any injuries they should be back to 100% defensively. They held RR to 2 tds and shut NW out until late in the 4th. The starting qb is done for the year as well.

When I say better I mean a lot better like 2-3 TD's easy if they played each other and yes a lot of it will come down to how well the kids are coached. And yeah we are big and have pretty good speed but the team that coming is bigger and faster most of them have never lost a game. The coach of the 7th 8th grade team said this is the best team he has ever coached and he has had his hands on every player GW has had over the last 20-25 years. They looks like a medium sized varsity team right now but faster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT