ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin County..

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
I know this is the C4 board but a large portion of posters are Roanoke area fans who are very knowledgeable. What the hell is up with Franklin County? I watched some tape on them and talk about passing the eye test. They had very good size, the numbers, and I’m a huge fan of their offensive scheme. Lost 48-7 to Salem, 41-21 to Magna Vista, 49-6 to LCA…Botty beat them by running clock. Make it make sense? Whats going on in Rocky Mount?

They never have skill position talent and rarely have speed. They want a slugfest every game, every year. They're not equipped for shootouts so when they get down everyone knows the deal and teams can pile on them. Get up 14 early on them and their gameplan is done and you can coast on 'em.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
At one point they had over 2000 students in their school and was the biggest school west of Richmond. Last I checked, that was in the past year or so. They are pretty bad in all sports. At one time, they were very very good in baseball, basketball (girls and boys) and football was in like 3-4 straight district titles. Just very strange to me.

I know they are changing principals Mr Deskins
From GW has been hired as FC new principal
He starts this summer

At one point they had over 2000 students in their school and was the biggest school west of Richmond. Last I checked, that was in the past year or so. They are pretty bad in all sports. At one time, they were very very good in baseball, basketball (girls and boys) and football was in like 3-4 straight district titles. Just very strange to me.
but where are the kids going?
They dropped down from Class 6 to Class 5 during the last cycle.

but where are the kids going?
They dropped down from Class 6 to Class 5 during the last cycle.

They're leaving. FC lost 3% of its population from the 2010 census to the 2020 census. They had a population boom for decades from the 70s until the 10s but did nothing with the growth. Now you've got a ridiculously big county with a single high school serving a lot of poor people but being controlled by a small contingent of wealthy people and the latter group doesn't want to pay more taxes to improve anything because they don't like the poor people they share the county with so businesses are dying and the kids are getting out when they can and never coming back. County just keeps aging up, no families are moving in, and it is going to start looking like a lot of other SWVA counties before too long if they aren't careful, circling the drain and waiting to be full of ghost towns. They're currently in the midst of shuttering several schools, always a good sign for your local populace.

They're leaving. FC lost 3% of its population from the 2010 census to the 2020 census. They had a population boom for decades from the 70s until the 10s but did nothing with the growth. Now you've got a ridiculously big county with a single high school serving a lot of poor people but being controlled by a small contingent of wealthy people and the latter group doesn't want to pay more taxes to improve anything because they don't like the poor people they share the county with so businesses are dying and the kids are getting out when they can and never coming back. County just keeps aging up, no families are moving in, and it is going to start looking like a lot of other SWVA counties before too long if they aren't careful, circling the drain and waiting to be full of ghost towns. They're currently in the midst of shuttering several schools, always a good sign for your local populace.
that is so sad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT