ADVERTISEMENT

Galax-35 GW-17 FINAL!!!

Galax-14 GW-3 3:50 2nd Q Busted play from Jollay to Jollay gets GW to the 12 and a facemask from Galax gets us to the 6 then we just go backwards. So we settled for a FG. Galax D stood strong and did not bend.

Galax-35 GW-3 11:48 4th Q housed it from 60+ out the better team has shown it's self and I'm headed to the house. Congrats Galax on making another Region C title game and best of luck going forward. I'll update the final once I'm home.

Reactions: Triple Opt
The better team won tonight as they did earlier I'm the season. Best of luck to the MAROON TIDE going forward. I fully believe it'll be you guys vs The Big Red Machine for it all. I hope it that is the case you guys win it all.
I thought yalls coaching staff had your team better prepared this go round and yall will be a handful next year

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
We should be alot of kids coming back and some burners coming up. If we can get y'all out of our heads we can win but I'll believe that when I see it.

A good way to stay in 2nd place or worse is keep your starters in the game when it is obvious the contest is OVER . The 2nd and 3rd teams practice like all the rest and need playing time. This will improve morale and make better players in the future . JMO

Reactions: Triple Opt
A good way to stay in 2nd place or worse is keep your starters in the game when it is obvious the contest is OVER . The 2nd and 3rd teams practice like all the rest and need playing time. This will improve morale and make better players in the future . JMO
GW was still fighting and was trying to find away to comeback but I see your point as well. If any of them were seniors it was going to be the last time they ever get to play so I say let um play.

Or maybe other teams aren’t in the same enviable position as Riverheads & need reps for their starters to feel more confident the next week.

Or maybe other teams aren’t in the same enviable position as Riverheads & need reps for their starters to feel more confident the next week.
Galax had pulled their starters, GW still had theirs in but like I said they were still trying to compete and if any of those guys were seniors it was the last time they got to put on the pads.

Reactions: WP02alum
I see your point . I bet all eleven were not seniors ? Maybe not so much come playoffs but in the regular season I would pull the starters . Watched SD jv game and the game was over at the half. After one set of downs in the 3rd the starters were pulled . SD played their starters till the end . They ran up and down the field and scored several times , thinking they were doing something . Their second team never got on the field ! Big mistake IMO.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Developing depth is always overlooked, gonna go back to one of my favorite local examples. Wilson has a phenomenal group come through around 10 years ago and they were extremely good. They hadn’t had a lot of success prior to this group so they poured it on people. Thing is they appeared more worried about shutouts and running the score up than developing the players that would play AFTER those kids left. Long story short, the years immediately following that group were lean. Everyone doesn’t have 45 kids and I get that but the kid that only gets reps against your own team in practice is usually not ready for game speed when called on. There are certainly exceptions but if they were ready they would likely already be on the field. Play these kids that don’t get game reps if you are on either side of a blowout. It helps long term and ends up raising the overall skill level of the team. Way to many words to explain what I think we all agree on but fewer coaches do it in the moment now with the boosters and bleacher coaches being a constant source of friction if you do.

Developing depth is always overlooked, gonna go back to one of my favorite local examples. Wilson has a phenomenal group come through around 10 years ago and they were extremely good. They hadn’t had a lot of success prior to this group so they poured it on people. Thing is they appeared more worried about shutouts and running the score up than developing the players that would play AFTER those kids left. Long story short, the years immediately following that group were lean. Everyone doesn’t have 45 kids and I get that but the kid that only gets reps against your own team in practice is usually not ready for game speed when called on. There are certainly exceptions but if they were ready they would likely already be on the field. Play these kids that don’t get game reps if you are on either side of a blowout. It helps long term and ends up raising the overall skill level of the team. Way to many words to explain what I think we all agree on but fewer coaches do it in the moment now with the boosters and bleacher coaches being a constant source of friction if you do.
Perfect example Chillhowie!!They kept their staters for the whole game those two years and no program has fell harder faster than they did .

Yea I noticed George Wythe kept the starters in the whole game. Don't blame them play until the end.
I disagree respectfully. If your starters have been beat, and the team on top pulls its starters, then I think the classy thing to do for the losing team is to also pull its starters. I don't like the idea of the team that is losing to pad stats against the winning teams JV team. Just my take on it..

I think it's definitely not classy to keep your starters in and run up the score, but I put equal weight on the importance of removing your starters if you are the team getting blown out, you should remove your starters at the same time the team blowing you out removes their starters.

A lot of fans give the team that is getting blown out a pass and just seem Ok with the team getting blown out leaving their starters in the game against the JV group of the winning team. I have never liked this. I think it's wrong.

If your a senior gettin your butts kicked you are fighting the coach to not be taken out.

If your a senior gettin your butts kicked you are fighting the coach to not be taken out.
If the game is OVER ? The coach should have big enough gonads to make the call ! Or just be happy to keep letting your team suck !

So GW doesn't have a senior on the team...interesting
Tongue-in-cheek, my friend lol! Couldn’t help myself. But in all seriousness, not many seniors. I don’t think we have more than two that start.

I’m sure someone will come in and clarify.

Tongue-in-cheek, my friend lol! Couldn’t help myself. But in all seriousness, not many seniors. I don’t think we have more than two that start.

I’m sure someone will come in and clarify.
I knew they were young but when I seen that I was like now that's interesting, regardless I think they will be very good next year.

I knew they were young but when I seen that I was like now that's interesting, regardless I think they will be very good next year.
Our Center is our lone senior starter I can think of off the top of my head, but we have a couple of linemen positions that could possibly include another senior as well. I'm honestly not sure about that. All of our skill positions offensively, DB's, LB's, and DE's will be returning however. We also had 4 or 5 freshmen contributors as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT