ADVERTISEMENT

Galax @ Auburn

I watched the Auburn/ Craig game 2 weeks ago. Auburn had 27 players dressed for that game
I’m just repeating what a Galax band parent shared. They said Auburn administration gave that reason for not playing 2nd half was not enough players. I guess the Galax person could have misunderstood I don’t know.

I was that band parent. I didn't misunderstand anything!!! Auburn claimed to only have 13 healthy players and wouldn't be finishing the game. That statement was even posted on X (the artist formerly known as Twitter) by a couple of media outlets. It was also mentioned in the Roanoke Times brief recap of the game.

I strongly suggest Auburn play a Bland type schedule over the next few years so the rest of the MED can get on with football. They are not only doing themselves, their community and their kids a disservice, they are doing the rest of the MED a disservice leaving them in limbo each and every year.

I was that band parent. I didn't misunderstand anything!!! Auburn claimed to only have 13 healthy players and wouldn't be finishing the game. That statement was even posted on X (the artist formerly known as Twitter) by a couple of media outlets. It was also mentioned in the Roanoke Times brief recap of the game.

I strongly suggest Auburn play a Bland type schedule over the next few years so the rest of the MED can get on with football. They are not only doing themselves, their community and their kids a disservice, they are doing the rest of the MED a disservice leaving them in limbo each and every year.
I knew you didn’t misunderstand. I was trying to be polite to those wanting to argue that Auburn just didn’t want to finish the game & had enough to play. I agree, they need to go the Bland route until they get the program built back up.

Reactions: sixcat
I knew you didn’t misunderstand. I was trying to be polite to those wanting to argue that Auburn just didn’t want to finish the game & had enough to play. I agree, they need to go the Bland route until they get the program built back up.
I'm sure it would hurt some feelings having to go the "Bland" route but at this point, they haven't finished a season since 2019. This piecemeal approach to football is having a negative impact on the entire MED. Imagine driving 90 minutes to Riner, pay $7 entry, to watch a half of football. VH$L isn't refunding any of that money, I'm sure. Now, imagine being Giles, Grayson, Fort Chiswell or George Wythe. They have to be in limbo wondering if that game will even be played.

Maybe I'm being a bit petty but someone has to say the quiet parts out loud. It's time for Auburn football to shit or get off the pot.

I'm sure it would hurt some feelings having to go the "Bland" route but at this point, they haven't finished a season since 2019. This piecemeal approach to football is having a negative impact on the entire MED. Imagine driving 90 minutes to Riner, pay $7 entry, to watch a half of football. VH$L isn't refunding any of that money, I'm sure. Now, imagine being Giles, Grayson, Fort Chiswell or George Wythe. They have to be in limbo wondering if that game will even be played.

Maybe I'm being a bit petty but someone has to say the quiet parts out loud. It's time for Auburn football to shit or get off the pot.
You’re not being petty at all. It’s frustrating that the G teams in the MED still have to put them on the schedule every year because of them being in the district. The same issue with the teams in the Pioneer having to schedule Bland. If they don’t start penalizing these schools then it will be a continuous cycle of wondering “Is Auburn going to play us next week?”

You’re not being petty at all. It’s frustrating that the G teams in the MED still have to put them on the schedule every year because of them being in the district. The same issue with the teams in the Pioneer having to schedule Bland. If they don’t start penalizing these schools then it will be a continuous cycle of wondering “Is Auburn going to play us next week?”
Bland was/is in the MED not the Pioneer.

They may have been at one point but now they are Pioneer. MED consist of Giles, Grayson, Galax, GW, Fort Chiswell, and Auburn
Bland is still in the MED. Easy mix-up considering Bland plays a lot of Pioneer schools because it's the weakest district in Virginia.

Is it the weakest district, or just the district that has the smaller schools? We don’t all get to steal from Pulaski.

The Black Diamond HAS to be the weakest now.
Honaker went back to the Hogo b4 the BDD folded, which may still be a decade away.

Parry McCluer and Fort Chiswell are the 2 teams in Region C trying to sneak up on Grayson, George Wythe, Galax.

The Black Diamond HAS to be the weakest now.
Honaker went back to the Hogo b4 the BDD folded, which may still be a decade away.
That's a good point. I completely forgot Honaker was in the Hogo now. Still, the Pioneer has been in the conversation for the past few years. They may not be the weakest anymore but they are much closer to the bottom than top.

I know Christiansburg"s attendance zone is crazy gerrymandered, but doesn't Auburn have a pretty good pool of kids to draw from? It sounds more like a fear of competition, at least in football.

I know Christiansburg"s attendance zone is crazy gerrymandered, but doesn't Auburn have a pretty good pool of kids to draw from? It sounds more like a fear of competition, at least in football.
Just my opinion based on playing some golf with a few folks in the Riner area over the years. Folks in that area seem to be sort of an eclectic group. Very much into Olympic sports, soccer, volleyball, basketball and baseball. Not a lot of football fanatics in the area.

Unlike Bland, Craig and others, Auburn is one of the larger Class 1 schools. It isn’t numbers.

How any consec. V-ball titles did Auburn win?
I quit keeping up with them after Dresser left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT