ADVERTISEMENT

Galax vs PM

Galax because of experience being in this game and having multiple weapons where as PM is on the shoulders of the RB primarily. Kid is a stud for sure but not sure how productive he can be against the defense Galax will put on the field. Might be closer than some think early but I feel it will be a comfortable margin, 35-14 in favor of the Tide.

Reactions: TS69 and MT FAN 91
This will be the biggest team Galax has seen in a while and they have the best self proclaimed O and D line in 1A football according to an interview with one their players. While I do believe they're good up front they will not be the best line Galax has seen this year. I think Galax can match PM's physicality and hurt them their speed but this will not be a cake walk for Galax but I still think Galax will find a way to win.

This will come down to time of possession, ball security, and whether PM can contain a much faster Galax team. These boys are big and run straight at you but I think Galax’s speed wins this game.

PM has the best lines? Were they present for the 49-0 game vs Class 1 Riverheads?

If Galax doesn't wipe this team off the face of the earth then Holston might just have a shot the next week.

PM has the best lines? Were they present for the 49-0 game vs Class 1 Riverheads?

If Galax doesn't wipe this team off the face of the earth then Holston might just have a shot the next week.
Self proclaimed best line....

PM played Riverheads the second game of the year. I think that had a lot to do with the score. PM was using a new head coach and Coach Castro of Riverheads likes PM very much.

I've never understood the Riverheads hatred for PM lol. Can someone please explain it to me?

Earlier this season one of the Gladiators fans compares Rockbridge to Bath County for barely beating PM.

Now we have another Riverheads fan dogging the Blues out for losing to Riverheads.

It's always the same two along with one goofball added in. Maybe GOAT or TimWakefield can explain this hatred.

How about give PM a little credit. 9 straight wins. A coach that has stepped in and has done an excellent job. From all accounts the kids have bought in, the town has bought in; the latter of which is not an easy thing to do as an outsider coach coming in to BV. They changed their offense after 3 games and I think both the players and coaches deserve a little credit for pulling that one off. Ask Giles. At least their fans have been class acts across the board so far.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
PM has a good team, but not the caliber of Galax. I think Galax wins this one by 3 tds or more. Offensively I think Galax has more weapons, PM has a great back in #40 I think I have the number right, that game was back in August, thats a long time ago and I cant remember what I did yesterday, haha, anyway if Galax can stop 40 I think its a long night for PM. Galax 35-10

PM has a good team, but not the caliber of Galax. I think Galax wins this one by 3 tds or more. Offensively I think Galax has more weapons, PM has a great back in #40 I think I have the number right, that game was back in August, thats a long time ago and I cant remember what I did yesterday, haha, anyway if Galax can stop 40 I think its a long night for PM. Galax 35-10
If they do they do. Galax is one heck of a team. So is Riverheads.

Considering PM was completely off the radar at the beginning of the season I think those players, fans and coaches have a lot to be proud of. I get that Giles isn't at the caliber they used to be at but that win should be taken with honor by the Blues.

I was told one of their kids said it a interview but I didn't hear personally
I doubt it happened. That same guy definitely spins some stories over on those boards. I saw some of the other Giles fans hushing him up along the way, including when he was blabbering about how awful the officiating was going to be against Giles...4 days before the game.

Just got through watching a few of their games. Certainly a team with a lot of size across the front with a back that runs downhill hard. They don’t get cute they get two tight and come at you with the big back.
Then will do a change up and give to the small quick full back up the middle about four times a game or send out the TE on passes when everyone starts concentrating on the big RB. Will spread out the O line and then do a pitch out as well. If their line gets any spacing at all that’s what is coming .

It’s a complete opposite of what Galax faced last week with GW who tried to spread it out and out athlete and beat you with speed. Galax struggled with Gosnell from Carroll because they would try and tackle him up high .

Give PM credit as how many schools have ever made it to a region championship game ?

Galax wins 27-6 especially if throw the ball a good bit as PM does not have a great pass D. The few times that Giles threw the ball which was on like 3rd and 20 when PM knew we were throwing it we had guys open every time. We’re just not a throwing team and couldn’t capitalize on the guys being open. Galax has a better run and pass defense than Giles so they shouldn’t have a problem keeping PM out of the endzone.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
Galax wins 27-6 especially if throw the ball a good bit as PM does not have a great pass D. The few times that Giles threw the ball which was on like 3rd and 20 when PM knew we were throwing it we had guys open every time. We’re just not a throwing team and couldn’t capitalize on the guys being open. Galax has a better run and pass defense than Giles so they shouldn’t have a problem keeping PM out of the endzone.
27 - 6 sounds like a halftime score !

27 - 6 sounds like a halftime score !
PM will eat up a lot of clock. I think Galax can keep them out of the endzone but I do PM having some long sustained drives. They only scored 6 points in the second half against Giles but they probably had the ball for 18 of the 24 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT