ADVERTISEMENT

Galax vs Riverheads

Ok, a missed assignment gave Denver Brown his 7. Come on, look at these games somewhat objectively, it should have been a 10-7 game at the half but a good play on a screen pass ended up being a defensive TD.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
You have a 2nd and 3 and instead keep trying to chuck the ball and get a 20 yard holding flag?

Superior playcalling and execution won the game for Riverheads today.

Congrats to RH and Galax on amazing seasons and thank you to all the young men who gave it their all for old fools like us to be able to watch the game we love.

And to the RH fans what is it do y'all enjoy shoot outs at the state game? Lol

Reactions: Bama1985
At this point I only see 1 team in their way for a 5th and possibly 6th in a row. Thats Galax unless something happens over the off-season to where one of our teams stwps up in a big way this may be the state finals for a couple years to come.

Congratulations to Galax on a great season. Game could have went either way. RH was just fortunate to come away with the win. Best game I have seen in years. Thats what a state championship game should look like. Im going out on a limb here and say both of those teams will be back here again next year.

At this point I only see 1 team in their way for a 5th and possibly 6th in a row. Thats Galax unless something happens over the off-season to where one of our teams stwps up in a big way this may be the state finals for a couple years to come.
Galax not have many seniors?

Let me clarify - great game by RH. Congrats to them and don’t want my reply to come across as blaming the refs.

IMO the difference

1) RH tackles better than Galax
2) Smiley read that screen before half for the pick six.
What a game.

Galax not have many seniors?
A few but that won't matter much Dixon is a master at getting the most out of what he has. Plus Galax's line play os second to none imo. I know Brown is a Sr and I'm pretty sure the QB is a Jr. Someone from Galax correct me if im wrong.

A few but that won't matter much Dixon is a master at getting the most out of what he has. Plus Galax's line play os second to none imo. I know Brown is a Sr and I'm pretty sure the QB is a Jr. Someone from Galax correct me if im wrong.
Picket and Beaman will be srs next year.

galax losing a few key seniors on the line + Johnson and Brown. Couple of young kids were key contributors this year.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
To the RH fans now that the season is over. And not trying to start anything here but had your coach left like he was planning on at the begging of the season. Do you think the kids would have still played as hard for someone else to achieve the same results. Not saying you don't have suitable replacements but its hard to replace an all time great.

He said he was staying three years when he came back so, two more unless something unexpected occurs. No idea who the replacement will be but I have a feeling the person is on the staff now. There will not be an outsider take this over in my opinion.

He said he was staying three years when he came back so, two more unless something unexpected occurs. No idea who the replacement will be but I have a feeling the person is on the staff now. There will not be an outsider take this over in my opinion.
Glad to hear he is coming back and wish him nothing but the best. And I don't doubt that a bit lol. You don't fix what isn't broken.

To the RH fans now that the season is over. And not trying to start anything here but had your coach left like he was planning on at the begging of the season. Do you think the kids would have still played as hard for someone else to achieve the same results. Not saying you don't have suitable replacements but its hard to replace an all time great.
No way we would have been here today had Casto not come back. If anybody heard after last weeks game they asked Casto on the radio about the coach they hired to replace him and he said “ I gave him the keys to a cadillac and he wanted to turn it into a pinto we have the cadillac back”. We may have been .500 with the new guy.

Sounds like it was an awesome game to watch, two heavyweights.

Also sounds like Galax had their chances to win the game but some costly mistakes that RHS capitalized on were the difference. Man, four straight titles is incredible.

And at least all those people predicting 52-6 type games have to eat crow lol, Galax absolutely belonged and was right there.

No way we would have been here today had Casto not come back. If anybody heard after last weeks game they asked Casto on the radio about the coach they hired to replace him and he said “ I gave him the keys to a cadillac and he wanted to turn it into a pinto we have the cadillac back”. We may have been .500 with the new guy.

Did Casto really say that?

Sounds like it was an awesome game to watch, two heavyweights.

Also sounds like Galax had their chances to win the game but some costly mistakes that RHS capitalized on were the difference. Man, four straight titles is incredible.

And at least all those people predicting 52-6 type games have to eat crow lol, Galax absolutely belonged and was right there.
I'll be the 1st to eat my crow I said 52-21 I think but man was I wrong. Galax definitely belonged and proved me and many others wrong today.

Reactions: BigWinners
Mr master blaster, how you hide all that bull crap behind those maroon glasses? After galax beat y’all like a drum did you really believe they didn’t belong? You also said PH didn’t belong in the semi game. In reality they put up 16 on galax in a little over 2 quarters. Took g dud 7 quarters to accomplish that.

Congratulations RH for a good game and a 4 peat. They played hard and I didn't see anyone chippy.

Game could of went either way. Galax just to many mistakes against a great RH team. To have that many mistakes and some iffy calls and still be in position to win at the end against a outstanding RH team says alot about how good Galax was this year.

Again congratulations RH and Galax for an outstanding year. Truly a great battle to watch today.

Classless on Casto’s part. Completely destroys the argument that people made on here that Wheeler resigned due to personal/family health reasons. I respect the football product, but don’t respect the way he meddled after resigning and how he orchestrated the ouster of his replacement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT