ADVERTISEMENT

Giles/Glenvar Update, Anyone?

That's right Mannkid. Have killed Giles all night. Explain the offsides not called, and was in the end zone twice before they finally gave it to them on 4th. The crack call on Giles on the the long play was ridiculous. So yes u are right, officials are terrible

That's right Mannkid. Have killed Giles all night. Explain the offsides not called, and was in the end zone twice before they finally gave it to them on 4th. The crack call on Giles on the the long play was ridiculous. So yes u are right, officials are terrible
It sucks when they interfere with a game like this. It makes you want to step out on the field. LOL

It sucks when they interfere with a game like this. It makes you want to step out on the field. LOL

I don't understand why people complain about officials on here. It isn't going to change what happened and like I have said many times on these boards before, a bad call isn't the reason any team loses. Sure it is easy to say well that play cost us, but it isn't the reason anyone loses. There were a couple bad calls in a game last night, one of them being a fumble called on the field by the only official close, and then reversed by an official who shouldn't have made that call, but still not the reason they lost. These guys do the best they can and shouldn't catch the flack they get

Reactions: Football4us
Manns 2 TD run cuts Giles lead to 14-13 try for 2 pt failed

Giles forced to punt to Glenvar

After facemask penalty, Highlanders ball at Giles 33 yard line.

2:41 to go

Giles played 17 player on the field tonight. It's the truth and I'm proud of them. Hate they have to play on a short week and officials

Would the referee with the dyed black beard please come and watch this game with me on video....look glenvar has a huge line and they are good...on a wet field with 2 weeks to get ready...but this ref wouldn't be able to explain himself...some things are just too obvious.....this game may happen again and hopefully it's dry and old beards isn't there..

Complaining and whining about the refs on here makes you people look petty. Your team quit or just ran out of gas in the last 6 minutes of the game and that is the reason your team lost. Glenvar executed when it mattered most and Giles didn't...simple as that. You played not to lose at the end of the game. Yes...There were questionable calls/no calls on both sides. There always will be questionable calls in an intense game like this especially with late hits. Your offensive line grabs single legs and the refs finally called it at least 3 times tonight...You've been getting away with it for so long because refs don't look for holding down low that you don't know holding also includes hooking the leg. Refs are now on to it.

By the way..those on here a few weeks ago slamming #2....he had an awesome game and your team had no answer for him. I have never seen him play more motivated and maybe your slamming him on here had something to do with that. I hope we both play again on a dry field when we are both at full strength.

Complaining and whining about the refs on here makes you people look petty. Your team quit or just ran out of gas in the last 6 minutes of the game and that is the reason your team lost. Glenvar executed when it mattered most and Giles didn't...simple as that. You played not to lose at the end of the game. Yes...There were questionable calls/no calls on both sides. There always will be questionable calls in an intense game like this especially with late hits. Your offensive line grabs single legs and the refs finally called it at least 3 times tonight...You've been getting away with it for so long because refs don't look for holding down low that you don't know holding also includes hooking the leg. Refs are now on to it.

By the way..those on here a few weeks ago slamming #2....he had an awesome game and your team had no answer for him. I have never seen him play more motivated and maybe your slamming him on here had something to do with that. I hope we both play again on a dry field when we are both at full strength.

Your so full of it rewards its comical...if someone that was at this game from another school or around the area please tell a non biased opinion...guess ur offsides wasn't seen...or that later hit out of bounds on your sideline....two very evenly matched teams...n we are worn out....but if you can honestly say you didn't get several generous flags then u r in denial. ..oh n #2 should have had a late hit in the first quarter...and #9 moved at least 10 times early...maybe they'll catch that from now on...hope to get a second bite like you did last year....keep your players outta trouble so they can play.....

It's also funny how u say refs are on to it now....hell one played grab a$$ with your offense half the night...joked and laughed with them...never spoke to ours...we all laughed about it...

Uhhhh....not trying to be rude...but if he was at giles...if this is his 2nd offense as I heard....he wouldn't get to b back...very good player....but making bad choices has consequences. .

Unlike you minute man I never have nor will I ever complain or blame the refs on here...ESPECIALLY when my team loses. Write it down!
not really blaming the refs for the loss, Giles had their chances to put the game away and didn't do it. But there were enough questionable calls and non calls to justify a little whining and complaining.

Uhhhh....not trying to be rude...but if he was at giles...if this is his 2nd offense as I heard....he wouldn't get to b back...very good player....but making bad choices has consequences. .
ghs89er...check your hearing..you don't know the offense..you don't know the player..you don't know what you are talking about..just making more excuses makes you look bad.

Rewards no one expects u or any other Glenver fan to come on here and admitt the amount of help u got in this game. I'm not even going to start calling out plays because my fingers would get tired. I don't complain about it usually either and also know how to lose with class. I habe taught so many kids that same lesson but after this crap I'm bitter as hell. U are right about a few things, #2 had a good game and no one ever said he was not a good player, said he is dirty and he is. I also think u might be spot on Giles got tired late in game. I wonder if that's because Giles coming in there on short week after physical game and of course like every other team we play this year Glenver is well rested on a bye week. I just wonder? I only hope they meet again and the damn game is not played in Glenver. I can't wait to see the penalty yards in paper in the morning. My guess is the bearded official on the sideline is homeless and lives in the glenver concession stand. I'm proud as crap of our boys. 5 and 1 at this point of the season when we have played the zebras all year and teams who have had bye weeks against us all year. Ill take it. Strap um on, we will be there in the end.

If the young man broke the rule that I heard he did....and it was his second offense like I heard it was...then actions have consequences....if I'm wrong or have bad info then I'm wrong....but if the reason he wasn't on the field was what I heard...then he should be punished....kids make dumb decisions sometimes...happens at every school

If the young man broke the rule that I heard he did....and it was his second offense like I heard it was...then actions have consequences....if I'm wrong or have bad info then I'm wrong....but if the reason he wasn't on the field was what I heard...then he should be punished....kids make dumb decisions sometimes...happens at every school
Your not wrong, the info is correct but how stupid is his post. We had no answer for a kid who never even stepped on the field lol

Rewards no one expects u or any other Glenver fan to come on here and admitt the amount of help u got in this game. I'm not even going to start calling out plays because my fingers would get tired. I don't complain about it usually either and also know how to lose with class. I habe taught so many kids that same lesson but after this crap I'm bitter as hell. U are right about a few things, #2 had a good game and no one ever said he was not a good player, said he is dirty and he is. I also think u might be spot on Giles got tired late in game. I wonder if that's because Giles coming in there on short week after physical game and of course like every other team we play this year Glenver is well rested on a bye week. I just wonder? I only hope they meet again and the damn game is not played in Glenver. I can't wait to see the penalty yards in paper in the morning. My guess is the bearded official on the sideline is homeless and lives in the glenver concession stand. I'm proud as crap of our boys. 5 and 1 at this point of the season when we have played the zebras all year and teams who have had bye weeks against us all year. Ill take it. Strap up on, we will be there in the end.
I get all of your post winger. I've coached along time (not football) and I always told my players that you have to beat your opponent and sometimes you have to also beat the officials. Most of all you have suck it up and find it when everything is going against you. That's life! I've been going to Giles/Glenvar for along time and I always thought there was homecooking down there. Maybe that's different interpretation of the rules, maybe there is a friendly relationship with the coaches, or maybe just my own bias. That is why I never blame the refs or allow others I coach to blame the refs. They are human just like the rest. Most do the best they can and mistakes will be made. Giles could won the game by executing in the 4th. They didn't. Glenvar did. Simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT