ADVERTISEMENT

Giles/Glenvar Update, Anyone?

Complaining and whining about the refs on here makes you people look petty. Your team quit or just ran out of gas in the last 6 minutes of the game and that is the reason your team lost. Glenvar executed when it mattered most and Giles didn't...simple as that. You played not to lose at the end of the game. Yes...There were questionable calls/no calls on both sides. There always will be questionable calls in an intense game like this especially with late hits. Your offensive line grabs single legs and the refs finally called it at least 3 times tonight...You've been getting away with it for so long because refs don't look for holding down low that you don't know holding also includes hooking the leg. Refs are now on to it.

By the way..those on here a few weeks ago slamming #2....he had an awesome game and your team had no answer for him. I have never seen him play more motivated and maybe your slamming him on here had something to do with that. I hope we both play again on a dry field when we are both at full strength.

Listen idiot no giles fan ever said #2 wasn't a good player they said he is a cheat shot artist prick...which he continues to do every single game and is ever hardly given a penalty for it...I would like to see someone knock his head off(whether it's dirty or not) and if so i'm sure he would whine about it.

Glenvar was best team tonight and their defense is damn damn good...congrats

Not that simple...I know terrible calls when I see them....not rose colored glasses either...but it's over...hope to see u in the playoffs...should be a bit more neutral in my opinion...

Reactions: Football4us
Listen idiot no giles fan ever said #2 wasn't a good player they said he is a cheat shot artist prick...which he continues to do every single game and is ever hardly given a penalty for it...I would like to see someone knock his head off(whether it's dirty or not) and if so i'm sure he would whine about it.

Glenvar was best team tonight and their defense is damn damn good...congrats
OK..so your into name calling now..how mature of you.

They should be!!! #7 had a 200 yards on Giles in the playoffs, and won player of the week honors. He runs a 4.6 forty!! He ripped Giles secondary up.

Guys nobody needs to calling anyone idiots or names on here. It's football, we can speak our minds without. Rewards I agree that Giles could have made plays in the 4th but still comes back to bad calls. When Giles was us and Glenver had ball late in 4th on the field goal drive how do u explain a late hit on Giles on the side line when no whistle is blown and the kid is running up the field. What is a player supposed to do and yes by same official. Giles made some plays but flagged everytime they made a play offense or defense. It's just hard to play a great Team and overcome that crap

I miss spoken. . Let me correct myself #7 runs a 4.46 forty.
#7 is a heck of a player and a big time weapon for Glenvar no doubt about it.

Glenvar is the better team right now no doubt in my mind but just like last year anything can happen come playoff time. But a team better have a great offense to move it on this glenvar D....they are LEGIT

And whoever said we don't know what happens at Glenvar....Well Winger knows what happens at Glenvar like the rest of us do.....it's not a huge secret

Guys nobody needs to calling anyone idiots or names on here. It's football, we can speak our minds without. Rewards I agree that Giles could have made plays in the 4th but still comes back to bad calls. When Giles was us and Glenver had ball late in 4th on the field goal drive how do u explain a late hit on Giles on the side line when no whistle is blown and the kid is running up the field. What is a player supposed to do and yes by same official. Giles made some plays but flagged everytime they made a play offense or defense. It's just hard to play a great Team and overcome that crap
I apologize for calling someone an idiot

#7 is a heck of a player and a big time weapon for Glenvar no doubt about it.

Glenvar is the better team right now no doubt in my mind but just like last year anything can happen come playoff time. But a team better have a great offense to move it on this glenvar D....they are LEGIT

And whoever said we don't know what happens at Glenvar....Well Winger knows what happens at Glenvar like the rest of us do.....it's not a huge secret

Since you and Winger know so much about Glenvar tell me what happened to some of football players Tuesday night. I give you a few minute to Wikipedia or google the answer.

Well get your facts straight before you get on here saying crap that never happened
Hokie...Your the one saying crap that never happened tonight. #2 played a good, clean game but was motivated IMO by you guys saying he was dirty. That is all I said. What FACTS are you talking about playing dirty tonight? What proof do you have to back up your words? Shoulda woulda coudls been called etc doesn't give you much credibility.

Since you and Winger know so much about Glenvar tell me what happened to some of football players Tuesday night. I give you a few minute to Wikipedia or google the answer.
Did I say either of us knew EVERYTHING that happened at Glenvar? NO I DID NOT

Did I say we know what happened in the situation of #7? Yes i did and we do

Don't put words in our mouths pal

Hokie...Your the one saying crap that never happened tonight. #2 played a good, clean game but was motivated IMO by you guys saying he was dirty. That is all I said. What FACTS are you talking about playing dirty tonight? What proof do you have to back up your words? Shoulda woulda coudls been called etc doesn't give you much credibility.
I seen #2 helping players up on Giles. HE could've laid our #25 but he pulled up when he was throwing the ball

Pushing people after every single play. running his mouth after every single play....that's a couple(i didn't say dirty i said cheap shots)

Never said he wasn't a great player did I?

Just said he is a cheap shot artist and he is....i've seen this in numerous games and not just against Giles

Mannschild... Based on their reaction to your post about #7, they seem pretty fearful of him if we were to play them again.
If #7 were at either school in giles county he wouldn't play any sport for the rest of the year and possibly be expelled if it's true...hope he can get his life together and make better choices...

You can honestly tell me Giles do not talk trash on the field. Also, I find it rude to blow the train horn when Glenvar was in offensive set

Rewards no one expects u or any other Glenver fan to come on here and admitt the amount of help u got in this game. I'm not even going to start calling out plays because my fingers would get tired. I don't complain about it usually either and also know how to lose with class. I habe taught so many kids that same lesson but after this crap I'm bitter as hell. U are right about a few things, #2 had a good game and no one ever said he was not a good player, said he is dirty and he is. I also think u might be spot on Giles got tired late in game. I wonder if that's because Giles coming in there on short week after physical game and of course like every other team we play this year Glenver is well rested on a bye week. I just wonder? I only hope they meet again and the damn game is not played in Glenver. I can't wait to see the penalty yards in paper in the morning. My guess is the bearded official on the sideline is homeless and lives in the glenver concession stand. I'm proud as crap of our boys. 5 and 1 at this point of the season when we have played the zebras all year and teams who have had bye weeks against us all year. Ill take it. Strap um on, we will be there in the end.

Don't you think you are taking it WAY too far when you are talking about someone being homeless? I'm sure you would say it was a joke, and I am sure it was, but that isnt a laughing matter

You can honestly tell me Giles do not talk trash on the field. Also, I find it rude to blow the train horn when Glenvar was in offensive set
I know the kids of Giles and I would find it hard to believe if they talked trash but maybe they do, im not on the field so can't say for sure....But i know for a fact they don't shove players after the play and crap like that....#2 does all the time

This conversation is going downhill fast. I'm out. congrats to Giles again.
If my post offends you mentioning the truth about young men making poor decisions then your offended too easily...football isn't life...but poor decisions change a direction a life could go

Good luck to Giles on the rest of your season. Also, the answer to my question what happened to some of the Glenvar football players this week. Several were inducted into the National Honor Society

Good luck to Giles on the rest of your season. Also, the answer to my question what happened to some of the Glenvar football players this week. Several were inducted into the National Honor Society
That's great, that is what u want to hear about kids doing.

Really enjoyed the game tonight. It definitely had a playoff type atmosphere and was well worth the drive and price of admission

I was glad I was able to see the game. What an atmosphere! This is my third game I have seen at Glenvar over the years and I agree that it is a good place to watch a game. I am a neutral observer and I will say that I saw poor calls by the officials for both sides. The offsides by Glenvar not called early in the game was obvious, the holding and cutting done by Giles on the perimeter were obvious. The hit #25 for Giles took on the sideline probably should have been called. But what do you people expect? They are human. Are some of them obvious to us, sure. Very rarely do officials cost the team a game and they didn't last night. It was closely matched game and the team that makes the other team do what they don't do well usually wins. Giles really couldn't run the football because Glenvar has the players to execute the scheme they run. I don't think there's some magical remedy to defend the single wing. The scores they got were set up by passes or penalties. Glenvar was able to stay pretty balanced on offense and that was the key to the game; not officiating. Both teams have legitimate beef against the refs so that's a wash IMO.

As for the talk about #2 for Glenvar. I don't know the kid form Adam but he's just seems to be a kid that you probably hate to play against but love to have on your side. Is he an irritant? Probably, but he plays to the echo of the whistle and he seems to want to hit someone every play(and he did). For some of you older people, he makes me think of Bill Lambier for the Pistons when they were the Bad Boys. I think all football teams want physical kids. He was dominant last night on both sides of the ball. I was really impressed with him and #25 for Giles. He took some hits I did not think he was getting up from and gave some as well. How much does he weigh? He plays much bigger than he looks. What a player.

And finally, as for the talk about the #7 player out for Glenvar. What does he have to do with anything from last night? I was hoping to see him play but unfortunately did not get to. Shame on some of you for commenting about this young man. None of us know his situation and you can say you hope he "gets his life together or his head on strait" but some of you belittle him and make fun of him on a public forum? That's hypocritical and I hope he doesn't read this thread. It sounds more like wishful thinking that he is no longer allowed to play football instead of wishful thinking that he gets his life together. Disappointed to see this.

Overall, great game! It looks like both teams have tough games this upcoming week as well. I always have loved watching Giles play, and I have several times. I'll probably watch them play Radford this week. I think Glenvar should probably win against Auburn since it seems they are as strong as it gets against the run.

not really blaming the refs for the loss, Giles had their chances to put the game away and didn't do it. But there were enough questionable calls and non calls to justify a little whining and complaining.
Bad calls: I would like to respond to the non-call "offsides" on Glenvar that some people are talking about. First if a defensive player jumps offsides and returns to his side of the ball prior to the snap, and the defensive player does not make contact with an offensive player, it is not offsides. My question is : 1. Did the defensive player make contact with an offensive player? or 2. Was the defensive player offsides at the time of the snap?

Bad calls: I would like to respond to the non-call "offsides" on Glenvar that some people are talking about. First if a defensive player jumps offsides and returns to his side of the ball prior to the snap, and the defensive player does not make contact with an offensive player, it is not offsides. My question is : 1. Did the defensive player make contact with an offensive player? or 2. Was the defensive player offsides at the time of the snap?
This shows you don't know the rules in High School at all

If the defensive player crosses the line the play is dead and offsides is called period....dead ball penalty on the defense the second he crosses the line....this isn't college or the NFL....read the rule book

You'd think Glenvar fans would know that rule. It's the same penalty that negated the go ahead field goal in Salem for Wilson Memorial last year

I've never seen this outa Giles fans after a loss. And they've lost before, just look at last year they congratulated the Glenvar team. With that the Refs must have been terrible.

I was glad I was able to see the game. What an atmosphere! This is my third game I have seen at Glenvar over the years and I agree that it is a good place to watch a game. I am a neutral observer and I will say that I saw poor calls by the officials for both sides. The offsides by Glenvar not called early in the game was obvious, the holding and cutting done by Giles on the perimeter were obvious. The hit #25 for Giles took on the sideline probably should have been called. But what do you people expect? They are human. Are some of them obvious to us, sure. Very rarely do officials cost the team a game and they didn't last night. It was closely matched game and the team that makes the other team do what they don't do well usually wins. Giles really couldn't run the football because Glenvar has the players to execute the scheme they run. I don't think there's some magical remedy to defend the single wing. The scores they got were set up by passes or penalties. Glenvar was able to stay pretty balanced on offense and that was the key to the game; not officiating. Both teams have legitimate beef against the refs so that's a wash IMO.

As for the talk about #2 for Glenvar. I don't know the kid form Adam but he's just seems to be a kid that you probably hate to play against but love to have on your side. Is he an irritant? Probably, but he plays to the echo of the whistle and he seems to want to hit someone every play(and he did). For some of you older people, he makes me think of Bill Lambier for the Pistons when they were the Bad Boys. I think all football teams want physical kids. He was dominant last night on both sides of the ball. I was really impressed with him and #25 for Giles. He took some hits I did not think he was getting up from and gave some as well. How much does he weigh? He plays much bigger than he looks. What a player.

And finally, as for the talk about the #7 player out for Glenvar. What does he have to do with anything from last night? I was hoping to see him play but unfortunately did not get to. Shame on some of you for commenting about this young man. None of us know his situation and you can say you hope he "gets his life together or his head on strait" but some of you belittle him and make fun of him on a public forum? That's hypocritical and I hope he doesn't read this thread. It sounds more like wishful thinking that he is no longer allowed to play football instead of wishful thinking that he gets his life together. Disappointed to see this.

Overall, great game! It looks like both teams have tough games this upcoming week as well. I always have loved watching Giles play, and I have several times. I'll probably watch them play Radford this week. I think Glenvar should probably win against Auburn since it seems they are as strong as it gets against the run.
Really glad some neutral observers have posted on here (whether they agree with me or not). Nice to get a non biased perspective.

Refs didn't cost giles the game but I don't care what anyone says they were awful....Glenvar was the better team and congrats to them on the win

I have also been one to say something about #2 for Glenvar but I couldn't agree more with the Lambier reference. Sort of a Richard Sherman type too. Someone who if they aren't on your team you just don't like them, but when on you're team you love them. Every team needs a player like that.

The best thing about last night from a glenvar fan was that our role players stepped up big. Been waiting for that to happen all year and that is what has been missing and why some have been doubting.

The best thing about last night from a glenvar fan was that our role players stepped up big. Been waiting for that to happen all year and that is what has been missing and why some have been doubting.
Reward.. I completely agree #1 will become a important part in the passing game. He runs crisp routes and has really good hands

He actually touched a player from giles...and the ball was snapped when he was in the neutral zone...

I do hope he gets it together....no ill will at all...but if what I heard is true he wouldn't be playing at either school in giles county...getting a young man to do better and learn lessons that messing up gas consequences isn't a bad thing...it's part of life....he's a very good player...his team is better with him...so think before you hurt your team and yourself. ...these things happen all the time...how it's handled matters...these nfl players that break the law repeatedly haver been on a pedestal and think they are above the rules....it starts when they are young because they were good in sports and given preferential treatment...hope my points made

Ghs89er...with all due respect.. you are still on nagging on this and you keep assuming way too much...this young man was caught on a very, very small 2nd technical infraction..one that probably wouldn't be an infraction in most schools..probably not even yours. If it went to court it would have been thrown out in a NY minute. Glenvar/Roanoke County is VERY tough as far as enforcing the rules....tougher than most.

Your statement that he wouldn't even be playing at Giles is "Holier than Thou", and ALSO NOT TRUE. According to your own handbook...On the second offense and thereafter It is up to your superintendent alone to make the call after working with the player. That leaves plenty of room to get back on the playing field. Read your handbook for further information on this as you don't seem to know your own rule. I personally know of a young man of close family friend who played for Giles and got three chances to redeem himself after working it through with the superintendent (which I was grateful for) so your statement that 2 strikes your out is definitely not true. I also know of a very, very, very good player from Giles (I know you know who I am talking about) that had huge issues with this and so either he had more than two chances or lots of people just looked the other way. As far as I know he never missed a game.

So please..Stop throwing stones when you live in a glass house.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT