ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar @ Radford

Look I wouldn’t mind a different venue but it is what it is. I thought Glenvar was disrespectful having homecoming the game vs Radford. I thought it was disrespectful waiting til 6pm to buy tickets. I thought it was ridiculous that I sat in the parking lot 45 minutes after the blowout because of lazy cops and poor planning. So cry me river if your inconvenienced.

It is shame they can host playoff games. If you can't provide decent away seating....

If Glenvar can get pressure on QB and stick with receivers they might have a chance. Doesn't appear Radford has much of a running game outside the QB.

It is shame they can host playoff games. If you can't provide decent away seating....

If Glenvar can get pressure on QB and stick with receivers they might have a chance. Doesn't appear Radford has much of a running game outside the QB.
The players conspired to close the away seating for the ultimate home field advantage. Jokes on you.

It is what it is at this point.

Go support your team and sit on the hill if you have to. Administration did what they did and here we are. Radford is undefeated and earned the #1 seed. I feel like the threads on all the games have turned into a whining fest by old people. Relax and enjoy the games. The kids deserve the support even if they played down by the river in Radford. I am sure the Glenvar boys would enjoy your support even if you had to stand the whole game.

Good luck to both squads this week.
I agree with you that the Administration has done what it's done and there's no changing that. But, the administration can also simply move the game and there is the ability to change this. Because the administration did what it did in the past with the stadium doesn't justify the present or future choices. The game should be moved.

I agree with you that the Administration has done what it's done and there's no changing that. But, the administration can also simply move the game and there is the ability to change this. Because the administration did what it did in the past with the stadium doesn't justify the present or future choices. The game should be moved.
No argument here. Only thing I would disagree with is that the players who went undefeated to this point....should not be punished by having to play on another field. It is special to make a playoff run on your home field, especially for the seniors.

Look I wouldn’t mind a different venue but it is what it is. I thought Glenvar was disrespectful having homecoming the game vs Radford. I thought it was disrespectful waiting til 6pm to buy tickets. I thought it was ridiculous that I sat in the parking lot 45 minutes after the blowout because of lazy cops and poor planning. So cry me river if your inconvenienced.
So who did Radford disrespect for their homecoming game?

There is truth to this above but providing decent seating should be provided.
I agree though, home field is a big deal.

Reactions: Union_Fan
No argument here. Only thing I would disagree with is that the players who went undefeated to this point....should not be punished by having to play on another field. It is special to make a playoff run on your home field, especially for the seniors.
I agree with you, but I don't think it's punishment. Circumstances happen in life. We get sick, some get cancer, some have car wrecks, some get a B grade for their class when they felt they should have got an A, some have a brand new care mess up 5 times in 1 year compared to the guy who bought the same car that hasn't had one mess up in 3 years. That's life. Here's the thing though, if I'm a Radford player (and I use to be), I wouldn't want to play in that environment. There simply is not visiting side fans. It's weird. I would actually want the game moved to Blacksburg where it's smaller, but the place will be packed and Radford will still have the home side, the announcer, and the home field advantage. Just my take on it though. Is it really that stressful, that traumatic, that much of an anxiety producer for a senior and his parents to have to watch 1 game being played at Blacksburg High (literally 4 quarters or 48 minutes)? Is it that dang traumatic to where Xanax is required? Come on man. I say one game because if we win, I can assure you that we can fight it all we want, we aren't playing at home in the semi's. The D winner would go bonkers and they have a right to do so.

I was trying to add some levity to the discussion. Home field is earned and shouldn't be taken away unless there are some pretty extenuating circumstances. No visitor seating could be in that discussion for extenuating circumstances but that's a discussion that the two schools need to have, or the regional director should be involved in. No one would want to take a home game away but literally if Radford wins as we expect, Graham and Union will both travel extremely well so someone may want to consider the next steps because it's likely coming. Be a shame to have more Union or Graham fans beat you to your own seats and own your sideline....

How's that disrespectful? A lot of schools try to get a cupcake game for homecoming. At least Glenvar had the gonads to schedule the best team in their district for homecoming. And what team doesn't enjoy going in and ruining somebody's homecoming?

Reactions: bulldog1150
Would be funny to show up early and take over the home side. Maybe administration would then have to field complaints from their own fans.
There will not be enough seating at Radford (I've been to Radfords stadium) for either the Graham or the Union fans, if the away stands are not available. They will have to move it somewhere else, assuming Radford beats Glenvar. Radford fans may even be outnumbered. We will bring fans from the entire county, not just our own schools. Pulaski would have enough seating, Christiansburg maybe. And Yes, we will be there in numbers to take over the home side of the field early, if we need to.

I was trying to add some levity to the discussion. Home field is earned and shouldn't be taken away unless there are some pretty extenuating circumstances. No visitor seating could be in that discussion for extenuating circumstances but that's a discussion that the two schools need to have, or the regional director should be involved in. No one would want to take a home game away but literally if Radford wins as we expect, Graham and Union will both travel extremely well so someone may want to consider the next steps because it's likely coming. Be a shame to have more Union or Graham fans beat you to your own seats and own your sideline....
If they split the home side up 50/50 it would make some difference. But it looked to me like Radford is taping off the section more like a 80/20 split. With the bands section taped off right beside the visitors section. Even with the small temporary seating they put in on the visitor side, it's directly across from the marked off home side, so 80% of the field, the visitors can't make much noise.

And Yes, we will be there in numbers to take over the home side of the field early, if we need to.
Kinda what the school system would deserve and I dont mean that in a bad way to their players. That have earned homefield but their school system has let them down by not having the place ready.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19GHS87
If they split the home side up 50/50 it would make some difference. But it looked to me like Radford is taping off the section more like a 80/20 split. With the bands section taped off right beside the visitors section. Even with the small temporary seating they put in on the visitor side, it's directly across from the marked off home side, so 80% of the field, the visitors can't make much noise.
We will sit on people's laps, if need be. Hope they don't mind.

Reactions: Union_Fan
That's gonna happen if we win over Union. I'm showing up at 10 AM with 2500 more and we settin on the homeside. I'll be putting out social media's left and to the right to make sure my homies in Bluefield get there bright and early. Tell you this, there gonna be flyers, the students gonna know, the band gonna know, everybody in Bluefield gonna know about seating. That's if we win. Gotta win first. But Union will do the same thing if they beat us.

That's gonna happen if we win over Union. I'm showing up at 10 AM with 2500 more and we settin on the homeside. I'll be putting out social media's left and to the right to make sure my homies in Bluefield get there bright and early. Tell you this, there gonna be flyers, the students gonna know, the band gonna know, everybody in Bluefield gonna know about seating. That's if we win. Gotta win first. But Union will do the same thing if they beat us.
You and me both brother. Roped off area or not, if I get my behind into the stadium before somebody else, I'm taking a seat at the 50 and don't even bother asking me to move. I paid for my ticket just like everybody else.

Simple, raise the money, fix the stadium. Otherwise move the games

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Thats kinda why I posted that, I know the Region D folks roll deep together so it would be a takeover for sure......

If I were Glenvar fans, I’d get there early and bring a ton of folks, all of you plop down on the 50 yard line and commandeer at least half of the seats on the home side. I wouldn’t let a bit of rope deter me! Tell anyone who tries to stop you, 🫸 ! 😂😂😂

If I were Glenvar fans, I’d get there early and bring a ton of folks, all of you plop down on the 50 yard line and commandeer at least half of the seats on the home side. I wouldn’t let a bit of rope deter me! Tell anyone who tries to stop you, 🫸 ! 😂😂😂
Doesn’t matter those ladies aren’t opening the gate til 6pm. They will be standing like we stood down in Glenvar.

Doesn’t matter those ladies aren’t opening the gate til 6pm. They will be standing like we stood down in Glenvar.
If it's a Region D team, well roll up at 3 hours before Gate Opens, form a line, tailgate at the gate, and be first in. I'm settin on the fifty. Union will do it to if they win over us

When did Graham fans start traveling well to away games? They used to not even travel well across the line to West Virginia to watch their own home games.

When did Graham fans start traveling well to away games? They used to not even travel well across the line to West Virginia to watch their own home games.
Chill Freezing GIF by Curious Pavel

Most wait until the state semis and finals and pack the stands at those games, a luxury that people in 7 mile Ford don't have very often. Mitchell Stadium is huge and gives the appearance of a small crowd when in fact there are just as many or more then most other stadiums.

Graham had about 3500 in Salem at the state title game. Look at the videos. Salems home side was completely pacpacked
Yes and when they played Radford in the state semis in Salem in 2018, we brought about 2500. I was there, it was cold and rainy, but we were there and we outnumbered the Radford folks.

2019 at Appomattox was the exception, we didn't travel well to that one. I think all of the talk about lack of seating at that one hurt the numbers.

Most wait until the state semis and finals and pack the stands at those games, a luxury that people in 7 mile Ford don't have very often. Mitchell Stadium is huge and gives the appearance of a small crowd when in fact there are just as many or more then most other stadiums.
I’ve seen it a couple of times. I think a lot of us stayed around in 2018 to watch the gmen. That probably added to some of grahams numbers in Salem that day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT