ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs Radford

Stop ruining it for me Gridiron. I had this joker right where I needed him. If 7 mile Chevy didn't hate Graham so bad, he could read where I told it about 2 or 3 times the game will be tight and anyone's game. Cuz can't read that part cause he hates Graham. I'm proud, loud, cocky, and confident in my Boyz, but I ain't disrectful to Bobcats or nobody. I ain't even predicted a Graham win this entire thread
Sorry, I was trying to prevent a stoke down Smyth County way. 😂 I was worried about his blood pressure. He's going to literally blow a gasket!
pressure GIF

Reactions: Hokie1Pokie
Graham Hokie, no disrespect taken. I like the smack talk. Your getting behind your kids and I am all for it. This is what makes the week and lead up fun. As for Graham being the bully, I don't know, but I will say this. To be the best, we have to beat the best. Appo and Glenvar had had their way with us in the region and until we finally beat them, what the heck could we really say. Graham has played in 3 title games in 5 years with 2 titles, Graham kind of....is the bully until beaten. They are the team to beat in Va Class 2 as the defending state champs

I know some of you Graham fans feel like Raddy is the favorites. I don't see it that way. I think it's 50-50, slight edge to Graham because of their history.

Go Bobcats, we are going to hopefully feed also Graham Hokie. Who are you picking to win GrahamHokie?

Graham Hokie, no disrespect taken. I like the smack talk. Your getting behind your kids and I am all for it. This is what makes the week and lead up fun. As for Graham being the bully, I don't know, but I will say this. To be the best, we have to beat the best. Appo and Glenvar had had their way with us in the region and until we finally beat them, what the heck could we really say. Graham has played in 3 title games in 5 years with 2 titles, Graham kind of....is the bully until beaten. They are the team to beat in Va Class 2 as the defending state champs

I know some of you Graham fans feel like Raddy is the favorites. I don't see it that way. I think it's 50-50, slight edge to Graham because of their history.

Go Bobcats, we are going to hopefully feed also Graham Hokie. Who are you picking to win GrahamHokie?
I feel like the halftime show should be 7Mile & Hokie on the 50 yard line , paintball guns , water balloons, etc. Like a total free for all! Cleanest & driest gets part of the 50/50 pot.and bragging rights on here!

Yo cat, too early for picks. I got Graham by 3 points, but could go either way, but I don't want thiz thread to go away from talkin some smack if I get too serious with picks. I liked where things were goin with that Graham hater 7 mile Chevy.

7mile Chevy, the Sherrif is comin up in there guns blazin and cuffs ready to start putin clamps down on the Bobcatz. We Rollin down off this mountain with a bad attitude. Ever see a bully when he's angry

• Haha
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Those Dip Dogs are some good eatin'
My wife grew up with the owner and is a big fan. Me? I like their Chuckwagon sammich or their Shrimp Dinner.

I actually prefer Buck's Drive In over in Saltville (where my Mom lives) better.

True story:

I was at a meeting in Barrow, AK (Utqiagvik). I walked into the meeting and on their bulletin board was a bumper sticker "Got Dip Dogs".

I started chuckling. A fellow came up to me and asked was I familiar with the Dip Dog Stand? I told him my wife grew up a couple of miles from there and she grew up with the owner. His wife was from Damascus and they rode their Harley's on the Alaska HWY all the way to Damascus...then they drove the Back of the Dragon.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Clark in what I have seen is cool under pressure and can get up from a hit and throw a strike. Very savy and can beat you with both his arm and feet equally well. Secondary has to becdisciplined on extended plays.
If Clements is healthy and they get him daylight to get North quickly as he is capable…I think he will be hard for Radford to stop. Graham will need to successfully throw the ball as well in oorder to back Radford out of box. Should be a really good game. Graham bot being at home may hurt them but they got it done at Bullit so who knows. That’s why they play the game. Hope its good weather. We played in partial rain and seemed to stymie Radford a bit but we couldnt pass the ball and they loaded up the box making it hard to run. Plus we made too many mental errors on defense to go along with their good plays and it cost us.
lol trust me man, the Appomattox running game ain’t Graham and Clemens. We just found out the hard way, even when you think you have him stopped, he goes 70.

Reactions: toughy299
You know what they say about being able to run the ball late in the season, I’m not sure Radford is capable of that.

I am pretty sure Radford only runs to keep the defense honest and open something for Clark here and there.
Radford throws the ball. They throw it a lot. They will do what they have done all year. If that is not working then they will lose. They are not going to all of a sudden run the ball 70% of the time.

Also, Clark has a ton of rushing yards this year. I think you can include scrambling in the running game. Cannot let him run free.

Graham still has explosive factor in the passing game also. We ain't Radford passin it this yr but we still have speedy guys that can run and catch it. Our QB is sophomore this yr and he's been very efficient. He was 5-8 on Union with 98 yds passing and one TD. We are big on the run with the D1 playa, but we still throw it more than Riverview, Poquosha, Appo, Union and Glenvar. U stack em in the box on us and we have 3 or 4 bladerunners on the outside with great speed than can make her dial up 6's. Our Qb ain't terribly mobile but is very accurate. I don't know if the Gmen are the best of the 4. We will find out, but we are the most balanced of the 4 on O.

Did Clements come out of the Union game healthy? Looked like he came off a few times, and laid on the ground
Graham still has explosive factor in the passing game also. We ain't Radford passin it this yr but we still have speedy guys that can run and catch it. Our QB is sophomore this yr and he's been very efficient. He was 5-8 on Union with 98 yds passing and one TD. We are big on the run with the D1 playa, but we still throw it more than Riverview, Poquosha, Appo, Union and Glenvar. U stack em in the box on us and we have 3 or 4 bladerunners on the outside with great speed than can make her dial up 6's. Our Qb ain't terribly mobile but is very accurate. I don't know if the Gmen are the best of the 4. We will find out, but we are the most balanced of the 4 on O.
With Clements, G only needs to pass 8-10 times anyway. Hence the Union stats.
I could see the winner reaching 40+ points in this game.

Did Clements come out of the Union game healthy? Looked like he came off a few times, and laid on the ground
Clements is fine. He got banged up cauze he had a duty to tote the rock a whole lot for the Union game. But, Union likes to hit hard so thats what got him. He's healthy though and gonna be 100% against Radford

Good to hear. He took some shots.
Union been doin it since Powl Valley. They got that name Powl for a reason down there. They hit a kid from Haysi so hard 1 year that it knocked the taist out of his mouth. They say he still can't taste stuff right after all these yearz

• Haha
Reactions: Fairlawncat
I've watched a decent amount of Graham film and a few things stand out. They are balanced and will do whatever fits the situation to beat you whether its run or pass. What a chameleon of a team this year! They looked sluggish and not really driven early in the year. I know Clements was out but dang.....now Graham looks better than last year. They ran the ball at will against a stout Union defense and it wasn't even deceptive. They just handed him the ball out of the pistol and he made them pay.

This team is reloaded and incredibly talented. I picked them to win the final about 6 weeks ago when they seemed to start playing like they were capable. Honestly, Graham has way more depth than Radford. If it was 11 vs. 11 and no substitutions, I would take Radford. That's not how the game works.

This team is reloaded and incredibly talented. I picked them to win the final about 6 weeks ago when they seemed to start playing like they were capable. Honestly, Graham has way more depth than Radford. If it was 11 vs. 11 and no substitutions, I would take Radford. That's not how the game works.
MarlburMan, I've been watching football in SWVA a long time. What you are seeing with Graham this year is the talent and depth take hold. They are well coached with Palmer, but Graham was riddled with injuries early on along the line of scrimmage after losing several key lineman to graduation. They had kids that are freshmen and sophomores (many of them) along the Line of Scrimmage that played like their age early on, but the talent is so great that they now just look different after getting the experience. It really shows the talent and depth level they have for a Class 2 program. I said this earlier, the most talented team on the field Saturday is not Radford. We have talent and we might have the most ready available talent and best football players for 2023 (maybe) between the two schools for this given year, but overall team talent and depth for Graham High School is alarming. I've said that for years.

The scary part with Graham. We really need to beat them this year, because this is supposed to be their rebuilding/down year. They are completely loaded the next 2 years and you are going to hear names like "Bradshaw" and "Palmer" enter the conversation as well as upcoming senior Yubrenal Isabelle at Linebacker who's father played for UVA and in the NFL. I hope Raddy wins and gets the W and goes on to win the title over the East Winner, because every team in Class 2 is going to have a really, really hard time beating Graham the next two years. I'm not declaring them champions the next two seasons, but wouldn't be surprised if they go 30-0 in 24 and 25. There's actually that much talent and depth on that team, but a team like Union is also super young and is going to be right there with Graham the next 2 years.

For Radford, even though Clark is a senior and huge loss, we got some very skilled guys coming back next year and we will definitely have a shot at repeating as Region C Champs. Appo and Glenvar will have something to say as well as Gretna, but we should be really good, but losing Clark is obviously a big one.

Union's QB gave Graham fits at times Saturday. Graham's defense will have to contain Clark. Keep him in the pocket , not give him time to scramble. Graham has some guys who are capable of laying a QB on his back. Hopefully, they bring it Saturday; if not, Clark may have a record setting day. You know what they say, "Defense wins Championships" , the better defensive showing wins Saturday. I just hope it's Graham 🤞!

Gridiron should be a good one good luck to y’all I will be watching from Myrtle beach
Enjoy the Beach!! and the game!! Appomattox is a team that all teams need to strive to be like, not just in how they play the game, but how they conduct themselves. Class act all the way. You have a lot of respect (and fear...) from this part of the state.

Outside looking in, I have Graham by 20, as long as Clements is healthy. If not, it will be a toss up
If Graham plays with the intensity that they played against Union, I think they can win this game. Best effort I have seen from a Graham team in quite a while. There was some old school football being played at Bullitt Park, talk about a slug-fest, knock - down, drag-out game and the atmosphere was out of this world. Both fan bases were great!! Everything you could ask for in a high school game.

If Graham plays with the intensity that they played against Union, I think they can win this game. Best effort I have seen from a Graham team in quite a while. There was some old school football being played at Bullitt Park, talk about a slug-fest, knock - down, drag-out game and the atmosphere was out of this world. Both fan bases were great!! Everything you could ask for in a high school game.
We saw a different Graham team at Bullitt Park than we saw at Mitchell against Union. I am hopeful they bring that same intensity to Christiansburg Saturday. They'll need it because I've seen several very confident posts by Bobcat fans on social media even saying they'll beat Riverheads in Salem. Poquoson & Graham aren't going to just rollover. I'd put Graham's A game up against anyone. I hope that's what they bring because they'll have a great chance at winning if they do, if they don't then who knows. Fingers crossed GMen are victorious!

Bobcats gonna either get down or lay down cause the GMen ain't playin around. You need to just get on down because don't make the Gmen lay you on down. I'm bout to boil over up in here and when we roll up out of deez mountains, we got anger coming with us durn ther

Bobcats gonna either get down or lay down cause the GMen ain't playin around. You need to just get on down because don't make the Gmen lay you on down. I'm bout to boil over up in here and when we roll up out of deez mountains, we got anger coming with us durn ther
I want you to bring your A game because when Graham loses, I don’t want to hear excuses.

• Haha
Reactions: Raiders Radio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT