ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs Radford

Hokie1Pokie, I have nearly fell out of my chair a couple of times now. You are good man, very good. Hey, "Powl" Valley did hit hard back in the day. I had no idea then named it that because of the hard hits.

I like it Gridiron. You tied in a part of that "you don't want to go to war with the G-Men chant." That's a pretty awesome chant. We need to come up with something like that down our way.
I think chant can be attributed to some college team but our band director, Dr. Carl Hess tweaked it for the GMen! It's created a bond between our team and band. At the Gate City game, one of the Graham assistant coaches was thanking band members as they were lined up waiting for GMen to bust through the sign. It was just such sincere appreciation. Tony Palmer made sure Dr. Hess got a state championship ring last year too. That's pretty cool!

Nice write ups in Bristol paper about Clark, Edwards & Rotenberry.

Last edited:
Reactions: toughy299
Nice write ups in Bristol paper about Clark & Edwards.

Bristol Herald is a far superior paper compared to our Roanoke Times.

We saw a different Graham team at Bullitt Park than we saw at Mitchell against Union. I am hopeful they bring that same intensity to Christiansburg Saturday. They'll need it because I've seen several very confident posts by Bobcat fans on social media even saying they'll beat Riverheads in Salem. Poquoson & Graham aren't going to just rollover. I'd put Graham's A game up against anyone. I hope that's what they bring because they'll have a great chance at winning if they do, if they don't then who knows. Fingers crossed GMen are victorious!
Yes, I think Graham will be locked in. They are coming together at the right time. I've been concerned about the lineplay all season long, but those young guys have grown up a lot. Jennings was a monster at DE in that game Saturday. You can see the improvement in the young QB all season long. Secondary is very athletic and they were struggling early on, but have stepped it up. I was worried that Union would out - physical Graham, but I think the opposite happened and that's what won the game for them. It doesn't hurt to have Clements back at full-strength. But at this point in the season, all of the teams have great offenses and it'll take a strong defense to win it all. I think Graham is very balanced on both sides of the ball, explosive offense and very stout defense. Special Teams has come along well, also. Different team from just a few weeks back. Let's hope the youthful mistakes don't start showing up again.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
I think all things considered it comes down to, does Graham have an answer for Clark and does Radford have an answer for Clements? We're going to find out in less than 48 hours! Christiansburg is going to be rockin' !

Go GMen!

They told me Radford tried hard to cheat 4 football teams this year. Ain't gettin way with it this time. We ready and I'm callin Richmond tomorrow just to B sure they in the know. You beat us then u do it far and squr
I heard the head ref played for Radford in 1952. His goal is to see another State Championship in his lifetime.
He is 89 and doesn't have much time left.

I think all things considered it comes down to, does Graham have an answer for Clark and does Radford have an answer for Clements? We're going to find out in less than 48 hours! Christiansburg is going to be rockin' !

Go GMen!
Totally agree! I could be wrong but I see Graham being more successful in the "slowing Clark down" area than I see Radford stopping the run game of Graham. If Graham can pass at all it could get bad for Radford.
You won't stop Clark but if you can contain him and limit the big plays then you are game on.

Just talked to 3 GMen. Told me they been hitting at 7 or 8s for most of year but team met and decisioned to dial it up to 10 out of 10 for Radford. They put it up at 9 on Union but comin with a 10 this time. Radford better b ready down thur. Radford better get them ice packs ready. Everybody up in here is all pizzed off and we ain't playin around nomore.

You're so right. I follow Tim on Twitter. He's one of an extreme few who is dialed in on most things VHSL. And his coverage of local teams on his beat is second to none. Quite sad actually.
Tim deserves to be working for SI (well not as much any more, SI is an embarrassment) or ESPN or The Athletic, he’s second to none in terms of sportswriters.

Reactions: toughy299
Even far superior to the Kingsport Times-News, who have became a shell of themselves.
Thing is the Roanoke Times doesn’t even cover sports around Roanoke anymore let alone teams like Radford. Most games are covered in two or three sentences. Why would I pay to read that?

Just talked to 3 GMen. Told me they been hitting at 7 or 8s for most of year but team met and decisioned to dial it up to 10 out of 10 for Radford. They put it up at 9 on Union but comin with a 10 this time. Radford better b ready down thur. Radford better get them ice packs ready. Everybody up in here is all pizzed off and we ain't playin around nomore.
Wow thats insane.You do a lot of talking,but it seems radford would rather do their talking on the field. Your post the other day talked about having your phone on speed dial just in case yall got cheated thus it seems you are a little worried.That said, do you even know how to operate a speed dial?

Ready To Rumble GIF by Rumble

Wow thats insane.You do a lot of talking,but it seems radford would rather do their talking on the field. Your post the other day talked about having your phone on speed dial just in case yall got cheated thus it seems you are a little worried.That said, do you even know how to operate a speed dial?
So you're taking his posts seriously 😂😂😂😂.
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I've seen some posts by Radford fans how they're going to beat the Riverheads in Salem. GMen prefer not to look ahead but focus on the game we're playing this week, lol! If y'all make to Salem, I'll gladly cheer on the Bobcats though against the winner in the Riverheads/Poquoson game.

It's GameDay yall. I got newz Radford had meetings an decided they wanted to go to war with the G-Men. Come on man. U don't want to go to war with the G-men.

• Haha
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Dont fear ..that old bearded white cap ( the one who shows up wearing Radford sweatshirt before game)….will make sure the gap widens….lol 😜

Congratulations to both teams. It takes TREMENDOUS work to get where you've made it.
Way to go Bobcats....next up Riverheads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT