ADVERTISEMENT

Graham vs Radford

Congrats to Radford. I figured the run would be too much but you proved me wrong.

This may be insult to injury but the amount of talent on the Graham sideline is absurd. If games were won on who is the biggest, strongest, and fastest the Gmen would never lose. I’m dead serious. There was a serious talent discrepancy today. Crist gets roasted on the SWVA board but the amount of heart and discipline he has instilled in his team is very admirable. He has done a great job and it was a true team effort for the Bobcats. Graham will be back. Congrats to Radford for winning a battle of attrition.

This may be insult to injury but the amount of talent on the Graham sideline is absurd. If games were won on who is the biggest, strongest, and fastest the Gmen would never lose. I’m dead serious. There was a serious talent discrepancy today. Crist gets roasted on the SWVA board but the amount of heart and discipline he has instilled in his team is very admirable. He has done a great job and it was a true team effort for the Bobcats. Graham will be back. Congrats to Radford for winning a battle of attrition.
What

The Bobcats were the better team today and defensively held the G Men in check all game. #5 couldn’t break a tackle or get the corner. They swarmed to the football and made tackles in open field. Very physical game by both teams!

Last edited:
Graham has the most talent because it acquires the most talent.

Problem is when you promise those kids the world to get them to come you can’t keep everyone happy. A few of those kids standing on the sidelines would’ve been studs if they would have stayed put!!

Graham’s looking over their shoulder at this point. Fella that got gone recently has some secrets to tell. It was a good run boys! Hope it was worth it.

Graham's one of the youngest 2a teams in the state. Next 2 yrs will be our best ever. Gonna be in the mix for the next decade

The Bobcats were the better team today and defensively held the G Men in check all game. #5 couldn’t break a tackle or get the corner. They swarmed to the football and and made tackles in open field. Very physical game by both teams!
These are the things I tried to explain during the week. Radford plays an attacking defense. I still believe Riverheads next week will have to do more than run to win. Congratulations to Graham on a tough hard fought game.

You came off that mountain and got punched in the face over and over until you tapped out. Them Graham boys didn’t want any more of it. Sheriff went home crying even lost his bullet like Barney.
We Rollin off this mountain with anger, don't expect to play it close or compete. We come to win. Expect to win. Radford, Riverview, Poqousha, don't tick off the bully. Bully is ugly when he's angry. Gonna be tight down there. Bobcats got game in em this year. Graham brings A game and we win. We bring B or C game and we lose cause Bobcats can play this year.

Difference in being humble and confidence in your daawwwgs GMen hater. We da bully and its our playground. We decide who comes up in there. If we want you off the swinger, then u aint swinging today cuz
Guess u ain’t swinging tonight cuz. We took ur key away come ask daddy for it back next year.

• Haha
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Long time watcher. Tired of seeing the disrespect our boys have been getting and will get this week as well.
Radford deserves respect & has it from this GMen fan. Clark is just a generational type talent.He has led his team to Salem! As much ragging as Crist has taken from SWVA folks, he’s done a good job this year. The Bobcats proved they’re the real deal! I’m hoping Radford can follow in Graham’s footsteps and have a perfect season! Good luck against the Riverheads!

Congrats to Bobcats. I dont think anybody has disrespected them in my opinion. Graham is the defending state champ’s and folks including myself said they would bring a tough team to Christiansburg and the score says they did.
Radford has one of the best QB’s in state and one of the smartest I ve seen in HS to ever play that position. #52 is definitely an All-State Defensive player and for all of the Bobcat Defense -keeping Clements in check says something.
I have not seen Riverheads this year but we used to play them every year in their Jamboree. They have always been a well coached team with hard nosed kids that run their offensive system to perfection. Having said that I think Radfords played a tougher bracket to get to states. I doubt that Riverheads will be able to defend Radford’s passing game…but we’ll see. Good Luck to the Bobcats!

Last edited:
Radford deserves respect & has it from this GMen fan. Clark is just a generational type talent.He has led his team to Salem! As much ragging as Crist has taken from SWVA folks, he’s done a good job this year. The Bobcats proved they’re the real deal! I’m hoping Radford can follow in Graham’s footsteps and have a perfect season! Good luck against the Riverheads!
Gridiron, you are a humble and classy poster. That’s not easy on the boards. Even good people get baited a time or two. I appreciate your levity in a crazy world.

Reactions: Kimosabe5
Yea the SWVA boards thought that Crist could do this at VHS. No knock on any of the players there but Jimmy and Joes matter. Crist can coach, and I’m sure someone will say if it wasn’t for Clark and I will say it again, Jimmy and Joes matter. Radfords defense played as a well oiled machine today and the offense did just enough. The staff did a good job of keeping the team composed after beating two playoff rivals to get to this point.

Congrats Bobcats. Bedder team won today fair and square.

Appomattox, sum of u fools ought to learn from us Gmens win we loze. No excuses or blaming the refs. Piece of crap!
Pokie- There were some calls in the Radford-Appo game that were very close as seen live during game that both sides thought may have been missed. After the game, film was looked at by several posters on this board and it turned out to be correct calls were made.
I later said that while I didnt see film I trusted Fairlawn’s assessment after he saw them. I also said Radford was the better team.
We lost to GMen twice in past years and to my knowledge not one Appo fan ever said a word about officials.

So you can kiss my origination point for a “Piece of Crap” ..,,

Graham has a lot of youth playing key roles this year. A lot of those athletic looking kids on the sideline (and in the game) are freshmen and sophomores. Unfortunately, Graham had some key injuries this year and some youngsters had to step in. I'll take a talented team with good senior leadership (Like Radford) over a more talented team any day. Graham had a couple of their "leaders" hurt. they had some off of the field drama as well. Most of that drama will be gone next season, Graham will be fine and will be in the mix of things for the next several years to come. I do believe next year's version of the G-men will be better then this years, because of the youth on the line this year. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if the lineplay is inconsistent, it can only get you so far. It will be hard for Graham to replace Clements, but there are a few youngsters seeing a little playing time now that will step up to fill that void. I think Graham will have a few more offensive weapons next season and the defense should be solid again.

As for the posters on here talking trash about Graham now that they have lost. Graham has a motto this year of "They hate on us and we like it that way"...or something of those sorts, I may not have it exactly right. But, when you are consistently good, people start to show hate, unfortunately.

As for this season, Radford has all of the pieces for a great team. I'll be pulling for them to beat Riverheads this week. Great leaders on that team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gridiron1960
Graham has a lot of youth playing key roles this year. A lot of those athletic looking kids on the sideline (and in the game) are freshmen and sophomores. Unfortunately, Graham had some key injuries this year and some youngsters had to step in. I'll take a talented team with good senior leadership (Like Radford) over a more talented team any day. Graham had a couple of their "leaders" hurt. they had some off of the field drama as well. Most of that drama will be gone next season, Graham will be fine and will be in the mix of things for the next several years to come. I do believe next year's version of the G-men will be better then this years, because of the youth on the line this year. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if the lineplay is inconsistent, it can only get you so far. It will be hard for Graham to replace Clements, but there are a few youngsters seeing a little playing time now that will step up to fill that void. I think Graham will have a few more offensive weapons next season and the defense should be solid again. As for this season, Radford has all of the pieces for a great team. I'll be pulling for them to beat Riverheads this week. Great leaders on that team.
I really just meant your team roster as a whole. I didn’t word that correctly. I think Graham had more depth and talent overall this year when you consider every position. However many of the athletes were not polished football players mentally. Radford started about 3-4 freshman yesterday and a few sophomores. The leadership is senior based and will be hard to replace.

Graham has a lot of youth playing key roles this year. A lot of those athletic looking kids on the sideline (and in the game) are freshmen and sophomores. Unfortunately, Graham had some key injuries this year and some youngsters had to step in. I'll take a talented team with good senior leadership (Like Radford) over a more talented team any day. Graham had a couple of their "leaders" hurt. they had some off of the field drama as well. Most of that drama will be gone next season, Graham will be fine and will be in the mix of things for the next several years to come. I do believe next year's version of the G-men will be better then this years, because of the youth on the line this year. You can have all of the talent in the world, but if the lineplay is inconsistent, it can only get you so far. It will be hard for Graham to replace Clements, but there are a few youngsters seeing a little playing time now that will step up to fill that void. I think Graham will have a few more offensive weapons next season and the defense should be solid again.

As for the posters on here talking trash about Graham now that they have lost. Graham has a motto this year of "They hate on us and we like it that way"...or something of those sorts, I may not have it exactly right. But, when you are consistently good, people start to show hate, unfortunately.

As for this season, Radford has all of the pieces for a great team. I'll be pulling for them to beat Riverheads this week. Great leaders on that team.
" They hate on us and we like it that way" , That's how is has been in Greenville for a Loooooooong time ! Only a few elite teams get the hate . It makes for a stronger more determined team . Merry Christmas !

I’m not disagreeing. I’m just saying there are other playmakers. I don’t know if utilized, they would have gotten needed yardage.
#8 is a really good looking kid. #16 is probably kicking himself for the wide open drop, I think it was #16. Isabel took a shot on that one in the end zone, all of that would’ve made it more interesting. One of the most physical games I’ve seen in a long time.

#8 is a really good looking kid. #16 is probably kicking himself for the wide open drop, I think it was #16. Isabel took a shot on that one in the end zone, all of that would’ve made it more interesting. One of the most physical games I’ve seen in a long time.
I’m sure both are kicking themselves but they’re both back next year. Hopefully, they’ll get a chance at redemption.

Reactions: catchtds
Pokie- There were some calls in the Radford-Appo game that were very close as seen live during game that both sides thought may have been missed. After the game, film was looked at by several posters on this board and it turned out to be correct calls were made.
I later said that while I didnt see film I trusted Fairlawn’s assessment after he saw them. I also said Radford was the better team.
We lost to GMen twice in past years and to my knowledge not one Appo fan ever said a word about officials.

So you can kiss my origination point for a “Piece of Crap” ..,,
My final takes on everything and then I moving onto Riverheads. First half Graham beat themselves. False starts and other penalties eliminated Clements making the necessary yards on the ground. Graham
Graham was a one man show. Radford knew and game planned for someone else to beat them. He had 130 yards or so but he never broke loose.
I’m sure that’s the game plan for Riverheads. Stop CCC and make someone else beat Radford.

That’s not really how Riverheads offense works. You can key on clements because he’s the only threat on offense to run the ball when he’s the single back. If you do that to Riverheads they’re gonna hit you with a counter or a bootleg and you’ll be watching them kick an extra point.

I promise you that Riverheads will absolutely love it if Radford sells out completely to stop CCC.

That’s not really how Riverheads offense works. You can key on clements because he’s the only threat on offense to run the ball when he’s the single back. If you do that to Riverheads they’re gonna hit you with a counter or a bootleg and you’ll be watching them kick an extra point.

I promise you that Riverheads will absolutely love it if Radford sells out completely to stop CCC.
yea multiple weapons for Riverheads. Radford needs to win first down to have a chance and force punts.

Poquoson keyed in on CCC and Talbott ran for 186 yards.

Poquoson keyed in on CCC and Talbott ran for 186 yards.
Yep! Exactly my point.

3 seasons ago Galax keyed on 3x state player of the year Zac Smiley in the state championship game. If I remember correctly, Riverheads had scored 60+, won by 30 and Smiley only ended up with 1 touchdown.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Yep! Exactly my point.

3 seasons ago Galax keyed on 3x state player of the year Zac Smiley in the state championship game. If I remember correctly, Riverheads had scored 60+, won by 30 and Smiley only ended up with 1 touchdown.
Yep. Riverheads is about the system and not just one player.

Congrats Bobcats. Bedder team won today fair and square.

Appomattox, sum of u fools ought to learn from us Gmens win we loze. No excuses or blaming the refs. Piece of crap!
First of all, learn to spell. It's embarrassing. Second, your humble pie may taste like sh#$, but it doesn't justify calling Appomattox fans fools. It only exaggerates the fact that you're an angry, trash talking, poor sport. Every fan base may have a bad apple and I don't know which Appomattox poster(s) you refer to, but I've always had a lot of respect for the Graham folk and can't imagine that they all agree with your assessment of Appomattox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT