ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna 48 Radford 20 final

#8 Miller went off tonight. All seven tds. One receiving, one fumble recovery for td, and 5 rushing tds. Also had interception that he just slipped or was headed in for another score. He had to be close to the leading tackler as well. Officiating was definitely home cooking but Gretna was to much for them. One call gets me. Radford onside kicked and touched ball before it went ten years but we recovered anyway. Refs said you couldn’t take the ball at that spot. They got to retry onside kick even if the penalty was declined. Is this really a high school rule. Gretna coach was irate over it. Miller also had strip he was headed to end zone with but refs blew dead. Evidently if you run straight into man and jerk ball out of his hands that’s stopping his forward momentum and not really a strip. This game could have been way worse.

Reactions: Stabler1980
Impressive win!

I got to say that one sides sounds like it should have been your ball at the spot.

Reactions: HolyFrog
Wow Can’t wait Appo vs Gretna part 2 !!! Going to be a good one ! Gretna has a lot of momentum coming into this game ! Bad part is Appomattox is great stopping the run ! Since Gretna doesn’t pass much which is Appomattox only weak spot Appomattox should win this one !

Wow Can’t wait Appo vs Gretna part 2 !!! Going to be a good one ! Gretna has a lot of momentum coming into this game ! Bad part is Appomattox is great stopping the run ! Since Gretna doesn’t pass much which is Appomattox only weak spot Appomattox should win this one !
If the injury bug does not hit Appo we will win again.

One correction. #8 Miller has six tds. His twin brother #21 Miller had the fumble recovery for td

#8 Miller went off tonight. All seven tds. One receiving, one fumble recovery for td, and 5 rushing tds. Also had interception that he just slipped or was headed in for another score. He had to be close to the leading tackler as well. Officiating was definitely home cooking but Gretna was to much for them. One call gets me. Radford onside kicked and touched ball before it went ten years but we recovered anyway. Refs said you couldn’t take the ball at that spot. They got to retry onside kick even if the penalty was declined. Is this really a high school rule. Gretna coach was irate over it. Miller also had strip he was headed to end zone with but refs blew dead. Evidently if you run straight into man and jerk ball out of his hands that’s stopping his forward momentum and not really a strip. This game could have been way worse.
I wouldn't say home cooking when Radford had more penalty yards. On that play, what I was told was it is a penalty which results in moving the ball back 5 yds and rekick. I don't really know what the rule says but it seems dumb if you don't have the option to keep it. The officiating was bad in general. Radford player had helmet ripped off with no penalty on Gretna yet he got penalty for not stopping. Also a hold on Radford as we are driving and where the flag landed the video clearly shows the Gretna player holding the Radford player.

Gretna was clearly the better team Friday. All the injuries for Radford took their toll. Take Miller and the QB off Gretna and they wouldn't go very far. A good year for Radford but dissappointing to not get a chance to play with a full roster.

Officiating at Gretna is infamously regarded as not the best!! Main reason i'm very happy they come to us especially for a playoff game.

What Gretna's crowd lacked in numbers was made up for in enthusiasm. It was the best Gretna crowd I have witnessed in years. My question is where was the Radford crowd?
Gretnas offense did not leave points on the field as they did in first meeting with Radford and against Appomattox. If they can do that against Appomattox the second go around, the game may be closer. Appomattox was a much better team than Gretna the first time. No question about that. The question now is how much has each team improved since that first meeting. Appomattox played great. Gretna did not. Can Gretna close the gap or is Appomattox just to good.

I think this could be a great game.
I'm sure Gretna has improved a lot since our last meeting and so have the Raiders.
I see the Raiders with the W as long as they don't beat themselves like they tried to do in the second half vs Glenvar.

I think this could be a great game.
I'm sure Gretna has improved a lot since our last meeting and so have the Raiders.
I see the Raiders with the W as long as they don't beat themselves like they tried to do in the second half vs Glenvar.

I would agree. I think Gretna has improved but there is no reason to think Appomattox has become stagnant. As to beating themselves this is always a critical factor for any team in any sport. Turnovers, missed assignments, taking plays off, etc. will cause a great team to lose against an inferior opponent.

I dont know the numbers too agitated to keep track after 25 yards in penalties. We definitely killed what may have been a scoring drive with offsides, delay of game and holding penalties.

I dont know the numbers too agitated to keep track after 25 yards in penalties. We definitely killed what may have been a scoring drive with offsides, delay of game and holding penalties.
The false start or snap infraction is what I was referring to.
Killed some of our drives in the second half. WE only punted twice in the game.

What Gretna's crowd lacked in numbers was made up for in enthusiasm. It was the best Gretna crowd I have witnessed in years. My question is where was the Radford crowd?
Sad but true, but that was a big Radford crowd for football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT