ADVERTISEMENT

Group A State Quarterfinal predictions?

I don't know much about any of the teams besides Wilson so im just guessing here really.

Wilson wins in 3 over Northumberland

Matthews beats Strasburg in 4

Glenvar over Gate city in 5

Auburn beats John Battle in 4

I can only comment on what I've seen,Wilson in 3 over Northumberland,Strasburg in 4 over Mathews only because they haven't been tested all year but Mathews is a solid team and very well coached, we'll have to wait and see.

Wilson d. Northumberland in 3.
Strasburg d. Matthews in 4.
Glenvar d. Gate City in 5.
Auburn d. John Battle in 3.

Any team can be beat on any given night, but I really think you might be wrong on the Glenvar over GC game. Glenvar has 2 hitters and GC has 5 and has another one that plays back row so you could say 6.

Glenvar has more than 2 hitters and one of their hitters is dominant so they will be tough to beat. But I have not seen Gate City play so you may very well be right. I know Gate City is a tough place to play too so it should be a great match.

They sure didn't use those other hitters when they played this weekend. But I can just about gurantee you..that the gym will be packed tom night, huge advantage for GC...good luck girls play your hardest and leave it all on the floor. win or lose!!

Pipedr... I certainly hope your prediction for Mathews being defeated is wrong... Granted I haven't seen Strasburg but I know they have done well this season but I also know they are not undefeated! GOOD LUCK TO MATEHWS' LADY DEVILS!!! I know they can do it as long as they bring their "A" game.

Looking forward to the trip up 81 to Auburn Highschool.Don't count JSB out just yet.
Wish VHSL had set up brackets giving all regions a chance to send two teams to the championship.In 05' Battle and GC were clearly the best two teams in the state and they played in the semis. #1 seed and #2 seed from each region should be put in opposite brackets . In 05'GC may have still won the match but it would have been in the championship.
Good luck to all teams.Enjoy these days!

Re: Pairings...

rotate each year, so every third year, the teams from the same region could meet up again in the state semis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT