ADVERTISEMENT

GW Danville 59 Halifax County 43

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
GW too deep and strong for the Blue Comets. Huge game tomorrow in Danville as GW welcomes the 2 time 2a champion Martinsville Bulldogs. JV tips off at 5:30, varsity 7.

I plan to be there!
My pops sat with Monk Man and Aaron last night at the GW/Halifax game. Very nice people. I had no idea Aaron was 6'3. 2 years ago when the Dawgs came to town they took GW to the woodshed. Should be a very good one tonight. Hopefully BTW 21 streams it live on Facebook so I can tune in.

It should be a barn burner in Danville tonite.

Poor GW last three games have been tough, and right before the Conference 23 tournament! Halifax, Martinsville and LCA, then either Cville or LCA again in the conference semis. Not gonna be easy for the Eagles! Good luck to them tonight!
You're absolutely right my man. It's a marathon for here on out. LCA or Cville will be tough. GW has beaten Cville every year in elimination so the Black Knights are due for a win and LCA ALWAYS gives GW fits. Im hopeful that GW gets some call ups from that JV team. GW's varsity is about 8 deep but if they could add 1 or 2 more players I think it'll do them justice. It won't be an easy task getting back to the Siegel Center.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
In Conference 23, I think the only team that couldn't make noise in Regionals is Jefferson Forest. Every other team, Amherst, LCA, Charlottesville, EC Glass, and of course GW I think can pull off some major wins. The only unfortunate thing is only two of them advance :(

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
In Conference 23, I think the only team that couldn't make noise in Regionals is Jefferson Forest. Every other team, Amherst, LCA, Charlottesville, EC Glass, and of course GW I think can pull off some major wins. The only unfortunate thing is only two of them advance :(
There are some conferences that are allowed 3 teams to the playoffs but they shortchange some conferences who actually has 3-4 good teams with only 2 bids. All I say is survive and advance. I think there should only be 2 from each conference.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Poor GW last three games have been tough, and right before the Conference 23 tournament! Halifax, Martinsville and LCA, then either Cville or LCA again in the conference semis. Not gonna be easy for the Eagles! Good luck to them tonight!
I don't think you will have any problem with LCA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT