ADVERTISEMENT

GW Girls

Nov 20, 2018
As many here know I’m very close to several referees. From what I’m told all I can say is look out everyone because these girls are getting ready. As the season approaches I’ll make my official preseason top 5 rankings for single A girls.
It will be hard to imagine GW girls not being number 1.

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I must agree with you both! I think GW will be a force this year offensively and defensively this year and next year and may be the favorite in my opinion. They return everyone this year(just about all Jr’s) and are gelling has a team. I do know they have the Betts kid. She’s a 5”8 ultra go-go point guard. Extra quick offensively and defensively has handles and can break down defenders. She will eclipse the 1000 point mark this year. It’s rumored also she is getting some looks/calls/interest from several D1 schools. This will be an interesting year for sure!

I just think back to PM’s run the last several years, and what I recall the most is the game last year in Buena Vista, with about 4 minutes to go it was anyone’s game, and they were sophomores playing against 2X defending State Champs PM. It was almost a mirror image of PM. They could run if they wanted, they could press, they had an inside game and they never got “rattled” when PM made a run.
I’m my opinion they are the team to beat, granted, anything can happen, the “I” word could hit a player, sickness, etc., BUT other teams MUST play their A game to beat them.
Can’t wait

And I agree with both of you. Maybe we should rename the post I agree with you ( smiles )
Originally I would still place Honaker a close second and a team that could beat GW. However there is some news breaking that’s not really good. It’s not my news to tell so I will hope for the best for my tigers.
I’ll also say once more that you should never count out the PM girls squad. I realize they graduated one of the Best groups we’ve seen. However as I’ve stated before coaches like the two at PM. Mike Cartolaro and Adam Gilbert will never have losing teams. Great Coaches May end up average to solid but never will those guys have losing records.
The same can be said for Robin Dotson at Central
There’s just no way guys like this lose badly.

PM may come up short but expect them to challenge GW by the time Gilbert is done.

Early look into champ ranks

1. GW
2 Honaker
3 PH
4 PM
5 toss up at this point

Reactions: Mike777VSP
As many here know I’m very close to several referees. From what I’m told all I can say is look out everyone because these girls are getting ready. As the season approaches I’ll make my official preseason top 5 rankings for single A girls.
It will be hard to imagine GW girls not being number 1.

Hello Champranks

It just struck me , Aren’t you the guy that posted on the SW chat boards? I had a different name back then but chatted with you several times. We ended up being connected through my Aunt who lives in Richlands
If I have the right guy. If not I’m sorry for this weird conversation. Your Daughter is a college assistant in lower PA correct ?

Hello Champranks

It just struck me , Aren’t you the guy that posted on the SW chat boards? I had a different name back then but chatted with you several times. We ended up being connected through my Aunt who lives in Richlands
If I have the right guy. If not I’m sorry for this weird conversation. Your Daughter is a college assistant in lower PA correct ?

Yes Toetheline thanks for the PM I remember you very well. Yes I’m back living in SW again. My daughter is still in PA. We live there in PA about 6 months of the year. I use to travel back and forth but I’m much to old for that now.
Take care I look forward to chatting basketball this season with you.

Riverheads has a good season last year. You’ll have to keep me informed as I know very little about the program.

I just think back to PM’s run the last several years, and what I recall the most is the game last year in Buena Vista, with about 4 minutes to go it was anyone’s game, and they were sophomores playing against 2X defending State Champs PM. It was almost a mirror image of PM. They could run if they wanted, they could press, they had an inside game and they never got “rattled” when PM made a run.
I’m my opinion they are the team to beat, granted, anything can happen, the “I” word could hit a player, sickness, etc., BUT other teams MUST play their A game to beat them.
Can’t wait
What inside game are you referring to? I’ve watched GW play the last three years and they haven’t had an inside game since the 2016 season. Their best rebounder is also their point guard. If they find an inside game, they will be unbeatable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT