ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Galax thoughts

G MASTER BLASTER W

VaPreps All District
Aug 30, 2012
This week looks to be each teams first real test and should be a war. Both team are a run heavy and first type of teams.This is the #1 and #2 1A teams in the state in week 4! If that doesn't get you up for a game then idk how to help you. Really this game is simple to break down. GW wants a high scoring fast pace type of game so we can get our speed into the open and let em run. Galax should want a low scoring and slow paced game so they can eat clock. If this game passes 21 GW should win anything less then the Tide will take it. Teams do not want to get into a shootout with GW this season. And you don't want to get into a technical battle with the Tide. Coach Harner has stepped his game up a lot he let's the kids be them. And he is always coaching and this season it's with passion which I respect. Coach Dixon is a master of his craft he will have Galax at its best come Friday night. So with that you know I gotta go with MY MAROONS GW-42 Galax-28
Best of luck to the tide and please have a safe trip.

Imo they aren't down much at all yeah they lost a lot of really good players. But they have Coach Dixon and another people's in the backfield. 42 points because it will have to be those type of numbers for GW to win we need a fast high scoring game.

I guess I understand what you are saying. You are rooting for GW to score that much. It's hard to believe that the number 1 and 2 teams in 1A would let up that many points to each other. You don't think GW can win in a low scoring game? Hmmm...

We can win a low scoring game. But in a low scoring game against Galax you also have to have better coaching. That's not a shot at Coach Harner it's a complement to Dixon. He is in the top 2 or 3 of coaches at 1A. If Dixon can put 14 on the board and then keep our O off the field with a slow paced clock eating game then they will win. If we have no O then we can't score if we can't score we can't win. What it really comes down to is can GWs D shut Galax down on O? If so we will win. We have to force them off the field and get our O clicking. Get our speed to the edges and our power up the middle. Well our speed and power are the same thing they are all fast and they all love contact.

Well sounds like GW has all the tools to win; size, speed, and physical play. I am sure Galax will force you to come inside and the game will be determined by the big boys up front. At least you don't have to worry about Galax passing game much (since you said that is the fashion of the game yall need to work most on). I will go with GW to get the win, but in a much more playoff, dog fight type game. GW 21 Galax 14

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Yeah we definitely have all of the pieces to the puzzle. But they have to play a full game 4 Qs of actual playing. So far they have only played a half of each game. And yes our pass D is as always suspect at best. When they want to play good luck on not having everything you throw getting picked. When they don't show up feel free to throw it to anyone at anytime. Line play and pass D will be a huge factors in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT