ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Galax

I'm in no way saying they aren't true elite level team's. I'm talking some of the best HS teams ever in 1A in VA. But they do have holes every team does yeah RH went undefeated this year but Galax came real close to to putting a 1 at the end of their record. And RH found Galax's holes and exploited them. That was my point in saying not 1 team we've lost to has went undefeated everyone is beatable everyone. And like you said these are kids they make mistakes so to beat them you have to confuse them. They are 100mph straight at a brick wall every play so you have to get them out of position. You have to force them to make reads on the fly you can't just let them run free. And you don't have to get high tech to do it use a simple I form or offset backfield. Get them going one way with motion and go the other way linemen block down. Backers read it as a heavy set so the go with it by the time they see RB going around the other end with a FB lead they're done. Us TE cross bucks behind those same LBs off of play action and motion. Low tech is simple and it uses the basic of football to beat you. So most of the time if a team is well coached they will rely on basics and simple reads to beat you. When they do what they are supposed they are actually getting out of position. Simple and easy over flashy and high tech all day.
Blaster, have you ever thought that maybe our kids may not be getting the proper coaching at the sandlot level?
Maybe this could be part of the problem!

Blaster, have you ever thought that maybe our kids may not be getting the proper coaching at the sandlot level?

No way that's the problem.

Remember you have to stick with the narrative.....

On-going narrative: GW would be destined for greatness every single year if it wasn't for Harner getting in the way.

The only accountable party in this narrative is Coach Harner. The logic you mention above would require some sandlot coaches taking accountability. Can't be the case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
I have I really have. And it is entirely possible and yes I know you're throwing shade my way and that's. But anyone who knows me also knows I gave thise kids everything I had. And still would but my schedule won't allow me to dedicate as much time as thhe kids deserve so I don't coach anymore.

And even if myself and everyone else who currently volunteers their time or has in the past utterly failed the kids. It wouldn't matter the 7th and 8th grade teams could not possibly have a better coach. So they are extremely well coached by they reach HS.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
That makes little sense man, unless you are using rose colored glasses.

So you expect a team to win 43% of games that you classified as just as talented or more talented or better, games you "shouldn't" win. But then just imagine what your reaction would be if you lost even half that % of teams you should beat?

If you REALLY think that a coach should be able to win 40%+ of games they shouldn't win, then no wonder you have an issue with your coach. By that logic, you would have an issue with Dixon, Casto, Saban, Belichick, etc. Because NONE of them win 40% of games they shouldn't win.
I see you point man but my stance is this most of those games GW wasn't a out matched. In most cases we had more than the other team in every way we could. The losses came down to small things that shouldn't of even happened. And yes it is unrealistic of me to expect that high of a percentage of success. But it's not that far fetched to say GW could have won a much higher percentage of those 14 games. With the exception of a few of them GW was in the game for a long time. But when it came down to it horrible coaching decisions made the difference. Like against Sussex Booger Owens was destroying them up the vitally day. But when he would get us inside their 25 or 30 we all of thw sudden start passing. It is dumb stuff like that gets GW beat alot of the time. Yeah Galax has just embarrassed more than once and Raddy has to but in most games we have at least had a chance to win.

And just to set it straight I hate Saban and Belichick haha. Great coaches but alabama and NE are the Jeff Gordon of football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT