ADVERTISEMENT

GW vs Galax

Heck he might even give you a Frosty while he complains about the coaching. It wouldn't matter if Bear Bryant came back from the grave to coach. He is like every other keyboard warrior who finds something to complain about.
No I literally complain only about this one guy. I've never opened my mouth in a negative manner against any other coach we've had. And again I'll state my #1 reason for disliking Harner here it is. THE KIDS CAN'T STAND HIM AND THEY HATE PLAYING FOR HIM. Its really that simple nothing more I know GW isn't going to wim every game and I know they aren't going to win state like RH does every year. But I also know GW shouldn't be getting beat by 35+ to a fellow 1A team.

Yeah.....I think everyone knows that MasterBlaster just likes to tell himself they have so much "talent". If he really believes it....he's a fool.

I have seen GW play a lot over the years...they are talented but I don't believe they are so supremely talented that any coach would cause them to lose. It's just simply not true. I saw them play Galax this year, Galax was better at 15 positions. Plain and simple. Everyone knows that they like to tell themselves this due to not wanting to break little Johnny and Timmy's heart. This vicious cycle will continue. Again, this is high school football, 1A Virginia high school football at that. No school system with any sort of sense is looking to oust a coach due to philosophical differences between the coach and the PARENTS/FANS. Grow up.

Always remember..."It's about the Jimmies and the Joes....not the X's and the O's."
I agree Galax was the better team tbis year hands down. And it's not about us it's about the kid's they don't like this man. Ive been told that by so many kid's over the years. And before you say it no its not kids who dont play its kids who carry the team in most cases. I mean if you're not liked or respected by the kids you coach whats the point? We as fans can give our opinion all we want but in the end it doesn't matter the kid's do thats all. And when I've personally had kids come to me and say I can't stand him I don't want to play anymore because of him. What am I supposed to do? Say well ya know kiddo he's the best ever look at his record (which he has because of weak schedules and talent alone) or am I supposed to say dont quit over one man go play and see what happens.

Let me get this straight...some of the kids that work with you at Wendy's complain about their coach. I would bet that some of them complain about you, if you are their boss, or is that the other way around? I think that we all have played or had coaches that we may have liked and some we didn't. I am sure that you have never had a boss that you didn't like or like. The problem I see is that you try to cause dissension. End of story.

Reactions: Daddy_rabbit
I tried telling everyone from the get go that Blaster likes to believe he's in the know wayyyyyyy more than he really is.

It's easy to come on a message board where 90% of the GW players (past and present) don't care about and act like you're in the know and understand every nuance of the GW football. When no one from Wytheville buys into the drama....then it leads people to believe that he knows what he's talking about and that we should take his word as gospel.

Honestly....he predicts scores for GW games. Any FAN could do that. He doesn't provide any insightful and/or cutting edge information about the program.

He got everyone to bite on the ousting of Harner. Glad a past player of Harner came on here and actually set the record straight....in terms of if players actually like/respect him.

This is an absolute lie!!!! I played for Coach Harner and I know for a fact he was loved by his players. He would go above and beyond for each one of us. He would give us rides, buy us clothes, cleats, medicine, gas money whatever we needed at anytime. For you to say that is just disgusting! You know nothing!!!
As ive said he is a really good dude but a terrible coach. I'vee said that on here many times. And that is your opinion of him ive had your teammates and yes starters tell he me they cant stand him many of them over the years he has been there. People you played with it really doesn't matter to me either way I'll still be at the games if he is or isn't the coach to support the kids I know.

I tried telling everyone from the get go that Blaster likes to believe he's in the know wayyyyyyy more than he really is.

It's easy to come on a message board where 90% of the GW players (past and present) don't care about and act like you're in the know and understand every nuance of the GW football. When no one from Wytheville buys into the drama....then it leads people to believe that he knows what he's talking about and that we should take his word as gospel.

Honestly....he predicts scores for GW games. Any FAN could do that. He doesn't provide any insightful and/or cutting edge information about the program.

He got everyone to bite on the ousting of Harner. Glad a past player of Harner came on here and actually set the record straight....in terms of if players actually like/respect him.
I am in the know you fool like I've said I have proof and can back up everything ive said. So get you facts straight and do believe I've said it a hundred times he is a really good dude away from the game. And it is possible that this new poster is you or someone else who doesn't like what ive got to say. Again I dont care either way at all like literally none. I'll be a GW fan til I'm dead and gone so love me or hate me you're stuck with my opinions.

And I'll say it again he is a great guy outside of the game like ive said from go. And ive never made the statement that they all hate him. Just a good amount can't stand him. He won't be at GW as long as some may think. Next year yeah probably the year after sure why not but his time is quickly running out. Cause the talent next season isn't even close to what it has been 5-5 will be a damn good year. If you think I'm bad wait until he has a sub .500 season then the real crazies will come out of the woodwork. His success to this point has been 1) Absolute terrible schedule of bad teams. And 2) Talent. Now he has to win on his own account if he is 8-2+ after next year I'll never say another thing negative about him you have my word.

So now you think he might be there a couple more years? Which is it? Two weeks ago at half time he did something(or as you said what he didn’t do) that was so horrible that he would be run out of town. This is absolutely craziness. Sounds like meeting must be OFF? At one point you actually said that “ one parent can get the coach out, just go ask Ingo”. Well...the man is still there as he deserves to be and one guy running around politicking against him hasn’t been effective.
I’ve actually been going around and asking about this meeting and no one, I mean no one has heard anything about it actually being a real thing. Not saying it’s not real in your head cause you sure believe it.
I’m lost in a lot of things here I guess. One min the success is just do to raw talent. Then in the same sentence you say it’s do to a weak schedule. Which is it? And no you don’t have to answer that I already know the answer... you said something in an earlier post asking “ what am I supposed to do when these kids come to me and tell me they can’t stand the coach” go back and read that. The answer is yes you tell them to keep plugging away and don’t give up on something you love. You tell them to give their coach respect and effort and it will all pay off. The last thing you should be doing is sending the message that you’ll help get a meeting set up to fire someone. You say you coached or held a clip board or something of the sort for a lot of the current players. How would you feel looking back if you would have gotten BLACKBALLED the same way your wanting to see this coach get kicked out.
Man I get it if you helped with those kids YOU saw something special. You saw greatness. You saw what they could be but as time goes on kids evolve differently. In our head it’s easy to look a stud lineman as a 4th grader and say to ourselves that one day he’s gonna be all state. Doesn’t mean he’s gonna turn out to be. You have to sit back and let those kids that you obviously care about evolve with their new team. Those youth league days are over. Let the coaches that have proven themselves fit for the job have a swing at it. It’s their turn now and as a parent/ fan you have to kinda sit back and enjoy the game man.
And one more thing since you think 5-5 at best. would you agree to stop this coach bashing if they can pull off 7-3??? Please.....for the kids!

And I'll say it again he is a great guy outside of the game like ive said from go. And ive never made the statement that they all hate him. Just a good amount can't stand him. He won't be at GW as long as some may think. Next year yeah probably the year after sure why not but his time is quickly running out. Cause the talent next season isn't even close to what it has been 5-5 will be a damn good year. If you think I'm bad wait until he has a sub .500 season then the real crazies will come out of the woodwork. His success to this point has been 1) Absolute terrible schedule of bad teams. And 2) Talent. Now he has to win on his own account if he is 8-2+ after next year I'll never say another thing negative about him you have my word.

I don't quite understand this, and I don't have any reason to not think you are in the know btw.

But on another thread you were saying that in 3 years 99% of teams won't be able to handle GW, because of 3 straight classes. Well 2 of those classes would be in Varsity when you expect them to struggle.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
I don't quite understand this, and I don't have any reason to not think you are in the know btw.

But on another thread you were saying that in 3 years 99% of teams won't be able to handle GW, because of 3 straight classes. Well 2 of those classes would be in Varsity when you expect them to struggle.
I'm saying next season we will struggle. When the kids who are in 7th 8th and 9th are in 10th 11th and 12th we will be damn good. But next year it will be a tough year.

You guys are finally figuring him out....he’s an idiot.
They don't have to figure me out dude because what I say it the truth. I don't need to hide or lie I say what I believe and I eat crow when I'm wrong. So I really don't see what the problem is. Is it because I don't play the pc bs game that snowflakes want me to? Or is it because I've proven time and time again that what I say is right 95% of the time? I don't get it but it's cool you'll fall in line soon enough haha.

I guess I misread then, saying he won't last long without the talent (next year, year after, etc.)
Yes meaning he will have to win on coaching and what little depth and talent we will have. You know if I'm saying GW is going to be down there is a good chance we will. Everyone is always coming at me for saying GW is world beaters and now I have fools coming at me for saying we're going to be down. I don't mean you Gunz41 lol

So now you think he might be there a couple more years? Which is it? Two weeks ago at half time he did something(or as you said what he didn’t do) that was so horrible that he would be run out of town. This is absolutely craziness. Sounds like meeting must be OFF? At one point you actually said that “ one parent can get the coach out, just go ask Ingo”. Well...the man is still there as he deserves to be and one guy running around politicking against him hasn’t been effective.
I’ve actually been going around and asking about this meeting and no one, I mean no one has heard anything about it actually being a real thing. Not saying it’s not real in your head cause you sure believe it.
I’m lost in a lot of things here I guess. One min the success is just do to raw talent. Then in the same sentence you say it’s do to a weak schedule. Which is it? And no you don’t have to answer that I already know the answer... you said something in an earlier post asking “ what am I supposed to do when these kids come to me and tell me they can’t stand the coach” go back and read that. The answer is yes you tell them to keep plugging away and don’t give up on something you love. You tell them to give their coach respect and effort and it will all pay off. The last thing you should be doing is sending the message that you’ll help get a meeting set up to fire someone. You say you coached or held a clip board or something of the sort for a lot of the current players. How would you feel looking back if you would have gotten BLACKBALLED the same way your wanting to see this coach get kicked out.
Man I get it if you helped with those kids YOU saw something special. You saw greatness. You saw what they could be but as time goes on kids evolve differently. In our head it’s easy to look a stud lineman as a 4th grader and say to ourselves that one day he’s gonna be all state. Doesn’t mean he’s gonna turn out to be. You have to sit back and let those kids that you obviously care about evolve with their new team. Those youth league days are over. Let the coaches that have proven themselves fit for the job have a swing at it. It’s their turn now and as a parent/ fan you have to kinda sit back and enjoy the game man.
And one more thing since you think 5-5 at best. would you agree to stop this coach bashing if they can pull off 7-3??? Please.....for the kids!
No I still think he is on his way out he is actually entertaining offers from other schools. And yes 1 parent can get you out at GW they like many other schools are terrified of lawsuits. Not saying he did anything to warrent a lawsuit just saying 1 parent can cause trouble. And from what I've been told people are wanting to get beamer involved. He is the gatekeeper to this whole thing he is harners main guy in this so he is a big part.

And again I have absolutely ZERO part in setting up a meeting or anything even close to having a part. I'm am only putting it out there that some within Wytheville are trying to set one up. Again I HAVE NO INVOLVEMENT NONE ABSOLUTELY ZERO.

I told ever single kid that has come to me to keep playing. We all know once these years are gone they are gone screw winning screw titles. Football is about building relationships, building character, work ethic, teamwork ect. And yes I coached alot of these kid's and I can honestly tell had they or their parents came to me and said the kids didn't want to play for me I would have gladly quit. This is all about the kid's for me and absolutely nothing else. I've stood at those games in the rain, snow, cold, heat whatever. Not for my health but because I love the game my team and those kids nothing more nothing less.

And GW has won because of weak schedules and talent both of tbose things. Look at the game we lost to Raddy something like 55-27. We beat them in the playoffs that same year because the kids stepped up and played together. Not because he changed the way we played the second game hell we played the exact same way in both but made way less mistakes im the second game.

If you want to see it from my view all you need to do is look at who we've lost to since he came to GW. And then look at who we've beat since he came. Most people one here think he is a good coach right? Now when you look at the W-Ls tell me how many teams have had equal to or better coaching. Thats all you need to do to see it the way I do.

And as far as my 8-2 statement in sticking to that record that will be extremely impressive. Raddy, Galax, Auburn, GC should all be Ls. So we will see and give me a few mins and I'll prove my point about schedule and talent and coaching.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think I’ll ever get you to understand that ONE parent is not the reason for mr Ingos departure. When something like that happens, which I will say was a lapse in judgment and out of his character as a leader of young men, an entire community gets in an uproar. Not just ONE person.
I am pleased to see that after 3 seasons I’ve got you to admit that you do play a weak schedule. That’s what makes all the bragging you do so difficult for me personally to hear.
I guess it’s hard to look at the stuff you say and take it seriously because you just stated that you got smashed by Radford one time and went in with the same game plan and were successful do to less mistakes. Yet one of your biggest gripes is lack of adjustment by Harner. When in reality you just admitted that the KIDS made more mistakes the first game. Kids are gonna make mistakes it’s about how they rebound that defines a mans coaching abilities.

Lastly you ask when looking at the W-L category how many teams have equal or better coaching. If your asking about 1a football on this side of the state the answer is 1...Dixon! Other than that man can you seriously name a better coach than Harner from this area? And not some guy you would like to replace Harner but a guy with stats that are actually better.

GW Ws and Ls since 2014 (Harners 1st year)

2014 9-4- rating 41
Ls
Raddy 35-14 (6-6) rating 42.9
FC 28-14 (7-4) rating 43
Marion 14-6 (10-2) rating 59
Honaker 35-3 (13-1) rating 58.6

Ws (Best wins only)
PH 44-21 (7-5) rating 32.2

2015 12-2 rating 54.2
Ls
Raddy 55-27 (9-4) rating 49.8
RH 31-20 (13-1) rating 68.9

Ws
Galax 28-27 (11-4) rating 60.6
Raddy 35-28 (9-4) rating 49.8

2016 12-2 rating 62.6
Ls
Galax 45-20 (11-3) rating 63.7
Sussex 8-7 (13-1) rating 66.1

Ws
PM 35-14 (11-2) rating 53.1
FC 40-13 (9-4) rating 52.4

2017 6-5 rating 42
Ls
FC 14-7 (7-4) rating 48.7
Marion 38-27 (9-3) rating 65.8
Galax 50-13 (10-4) rating 42.4
Grayson 24-7 (7-5) rating 48.5
PM 14-9 (5-7) rating 17.2

Ws
Chilhowie 24-21 (11-4) 41.9

2018 7-4 rating 50.2
Ls
Raddy 34-13 (12-2) rating 75.5
Chilhowie 39-0 (14-1) rating 62
Galax 21-14 (11-3) rating 60.2
Galax 42-21 (11-3) rating 60.2

Ws
FC 6-2 (4-6) rating 38
Covington 42-14 (6-4) 36.4

2019 9-3 rating 59.4
Ls
Raddy 45-23 (9-3) rating 64.7
Galax 45-14 (13-2) rating 68.1
Galax 52-6 (13-2) rating 68.1

Ws
GC 34-7 (4-7) rating 49.4
Auburn 34-16 (6-6) rating 31.2
Narrows 56-28 (11-1) rating 60.6

So it's clear to see in 6 seasons 3 good wins Raddy once, Galax once and Narrows. 3 that's it that is just sad and only 2 of those teams had a higher overall rating. We have literally only beat teams we were supposed to beat with the exception of beating Galax 1 TIME since he has taken over and that was by 1 point.

Could anyone on this forum honestly say that Raddy, Galax, Sussex and RH doesn't have a better coach than we do? I mean really can anyone argue that those 4 arent better? Because against those 4 coaches his record is 2-12 out of those 2 MASSIVE wins literally 1 of them was in the playoffs when it counted. So with the numbers and facts in black and white you tell me is his coaching really why we are winning games? Or is it the main glaring weakness that stands out? I mean in my mind I'd say getting beat every year by the same teams that you play EVERY YEAR! Is a coaching problem. I mean every team has access to game film so why can't we find something to exploit against these teams? 1 thing literally anything none of these teams have went undefeated so they have weaknesses. Why can't he find something that works against them orther coaches do. And why are these other coaches able to find huge weaknesses by watching GW? The answer to that is the man makes ZERO changes GW is the exact same team it was in 2014 when he took over. We run 1 damn defense and the same exact offensive plays over and over and over. 99% of the losses to the teams I noted are blowouts especially against Galax Dixon has him pegged the dude literally calls our plays out THE OPPONENTS COACH CALLS OUR PLAYS OUT.

So again each team has access to game film right? So if he is such a great coach thwn why is it he is only able to beat teams who he is supposed to beat? Oh yeah thats right its something called Talent he has more of it than the teams he beats. When he plays a team with as much or more he gets beat that has been proven. And before I get the excuses of "see you're killing your own point you always say GW has the most talent" ok thats fine but if I recall I've had tons of people on here tell me the most talented team doesn't always win. My point being we have 2 wins against teams who are as talented or more talented. So you tell me is it that these Galax just somehow won the talent lottery since Dixon came or has he molded the existing talent to be elite? Galax was a dumpster fire before Dixon now look at them. GW has about the same amount of talent it's had for almost 30 years. So whats going on? I'll tell you it's all in the coach and how well they can take what they have and make it work. Our coach can't take pretty solid year in and year out talent and win with it when it matters.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one. I don’t think I’ll ever get you to understand that ONE parent is not the reason for mr Ingos departure. When something like that happens, which I will say was a lapse in judgment and out of his character as a leader of young men, an entire community gets in an uproar. Not just ONE person.
I am pleased to see that after 3 seasons I’ve got you to admit that you do play a weak schedule. That’s what makes all the bragging you do so difficult for me personally to hear.
I guess it’s hard to look at the stuff you say and take it seriously because you just stated that you got smashed by Radford one time and went in with the same game plan and were successful do to less mistakes. Yet one of your biggest gripes is lack of adjustment by Harner. When in reality you just admitted that the KIDS made more mistakes the first game. Kids are gonna make mistakes it’s about how they rebound that defines a mans coaching abilities.

Lastly you ask when looking at the W-L category how many teams have equal or better coaching. If your asking about 1a football on this side of the state the answer is 1...Dixon! Other than that man can you seriously name a better coach than Harner from this area? And not some guy you would like to replace Harner but a guy with stats that are actually better.
My point about 1 parent is this if she had kept her mouth shut after the kids it happened to said it was no big deal HS would still be at GW. She was the 1 who took it to the next level so the whole town cpuld get in an uproar. I know 1 person didn't directly get him fired I know that but yes 1 person did bring it to light allowing others to pile on.

I mean the whole state in 1A and yes I can name better coaches on this side. Chilhowie, PH, PM, Honaker thats 4. And in all of 1A you gotta add RH, Sussex, Essex, AltaVista.

And man I know the kids are gonna make mistakes they're kids. And I truly don't care if GW ever wins another game as long as the kids are having fun and building themselves up for the future. I'm simply sick of seeing these same kid's suffer because one guy can't see his own flaws. He expects the same bs to work over and over and over and it's not going to not against legitimate coaches with good talent. It will work against teams who literally are half our size, half our speed and half our depth. He is winning on talent alone nothing more I've proven that.

I come across as an asshole I get I really do but im not the type to just say well we did ok im happy with that. Because I know that GW can do better I know that not all of the kids I coached will be superstars. Hell most of them won't even be pretty good HS player's but I also know they give it everything they've got. No quit at all idk about you but I'd much rather have a sub par hard worker that a lazy elite player. These kids give everything they have and for that I expect their coach to do the same. If Harner can do that I'll shut my mout wether GW is 0-10 or 14-0 I promise you I will shut up.

They don't have to figure me out dude because what I say it the truth. I don't need to hide or lie I say what I believe and I eat crow when I'm wrong. So I really don't see what the problem is. Is it because I don't play the pc bs game that snowflakes want me to? Or is it because I've proven time and time again that what I say is right 95% of the time? I don't get it but it's cool you'll fall in line soon enough haha.
Another thing you said, that wasn’t truthful, was EJ Horton left because of Harner and EJ and his dad told you that personally. Newsflash, I’m EJ’s dad and I’ve never spoken to you. Also, Harner wasn’t the reason I moved EJ to Pulaski. Better competition and getting away from Wytheville were the reasons. Again, Harner was not the reason. Give the guy a break and move on.

Buddy you watch all the game film you want on Riverheads and galax and when you come up with a way to stop those teams I will be the first one pulling for you to get a head coaching job. Hell I’d even be your assistant for what it’s worth.
Your talking about a couple or the rarest gems single A Virginia football has ever seen.
I'm in no way saying they aren't true elite level team's. I'm talking some of the best HS teams ever in 1A in VA. But they do have holes every team does yeah RH went undefeated this year but Galax came real close to to putting a 1 at the end of their record. And RH found Galax's holes and exploited them. That was my point in saying not 1 team we've lost to has went undefeated everyone is beatable everyone. And like you said these are kids they make mistakes so to beat them you have to confuse them. They are 100mph straight at a brick wall every play so you have to get them out of position. You have to force them to make reads on the fly you can't just let them run free. And you don't have to get high tech to do it use a simple I form or offset backfield. Get them going one way with motion and go the other way linemen block down. Backers read it as a heavy set so the go with it by the time they see RB going around the other end with a FB lead they're done. Us TE cross bucks behind those same LBs off of play action and motion. Low tech is simple and it uses the basic of football to beat you. So most of the time if a team is well coached they will rely on basics and simple reads to beat you. When they do what they are supposed they are actually getting out of position. Simple and easy over flashy and high tech all day.

Another thing you said, that wasn’t truthful, was EJ Horton left because of Harner and EJ and his dad told you that personally. Newsflash, I’m EJ’s dad and I’ve never spoken to you. Also, Harner wasn’t the reason I moved EJ to Pulaski. Better competition and getting away from Wytheville were the reasons. Again, Harner was not the reason. Give the guy a break and move on.
If you're really EJs dad then you stood on the hill at GW on a rather sad night and a beating and told the group I was with that. EJ wouldn't play for Harner anymore idk if it was anger over the game or what but thats what at least 6 people where told. Again man idc I know what I am being told by these kid's I'm sick of seeing them give it everything they have and still feeling beat down over it. If Harner steps his game up I'll shut up and move on it's that simple.

Blaster, I like your love and enthusiasm for your team and have always enjoyed your posts. And I have no clue on GW, but I have seen you reference it many times with this subject, only beating the teams you are supposed to. There is a reason why a team is "supposed" to beat another. From an outside perspective, that reasoning is hurting your argument. I don't know where you are getting these ratings, but let's just say for the sake of argument that those 14 games were ALL games that you shouldn't have won. 15% of games you "shouldn't" win is higher than most teams. And included in those games was a win over a State champion. But even take GW out of it to look at a different example. You and others have talked about how superior Riverheads is, and thinking they would and will continue this streak of theirs. Well shouldn't one of these other good teams be able to end their reign with your logic of getting a win not supposed to?

The other thing that stood out to me was you named 4 coaches and that was it. So you are upset for alluding to having a Top 5 coach?

Or look at it this way, what team, at ANY level, consistently gets wins they aren't supposed to?

Blaster, I like your love and enthusiasm for your team and have always enjoyed your posts. And I have no clue on GW, but I have seen you reference it many times with this subject, only beating the teams you are supposed to. There is a reason why a team is "supposed" to beat another. From an outside perspective, that reasoning is hurting your argument. I don't know where you are getting these ratings, but let's just say for the sake of argument that those 14 games were ALL games that you shouldn't have won. 15% of games you "shouldn't" win is higher than most teams. And included in those games was a win over a State champion. But even take GW out of it to look at a different example. You and others have talked about how superior Riverheads is, and thinking they would and will continue this streak of theirs. Well shouldn't one of these other good teams be able to end their reign with your logic of getting a win not supposed to?

The other thing that stood out to me was you named 4 coaches and that was it. So you are upset for alluding to having a Top 5 coach?

Or look at it this way, what team, at ANY level, consistently gets wins they aren't supposed to?
I see your point I do but my point is he hasnt won but 2 games he shouldn't have. Yes he won against the Galax title team but honestly shouldn't have. And yes by my own logic someone along the way should be able to a win against RH and eventually someone will. But the reason they haven't yet is because of coaching that man has that team playing at an unreal level. I've never seen anything like it. It's coaching man it really is we only beat team's we should with 2 exceptions. It's easy to see if you just look at what GW has done or rather hasn't done. And no I would have him in the top 5 on this end. That's just a few off the top of my head.

Either way I've stated my case I've given proof and I promise you I'm not just blowing smoke when I say I have a little more than a little inside info. Yeah I may not use it in the best way but I've got it. At this point I'm beating a dead horse and so is everyone else by keeping this bs post alive. Give me my lumps and crow pie over the next few days then lets move on to next year. Oh and how RH is treating us all like little sister haha and how my 49ers are killing it so far this season ( "cough" Atlanta doesn't count)

If you're really EJs dad then you stood on the hill at GW on a rather sad night and a beating and told the group I was with that. EJ wouldn't play for Harner anymore idk if it was anger over the game or what but thats what at least 6 people where told. Again man idc I know what I am being told by these kid's I'm sick of seeing them give it everything they have and still feeling beat down over it. If Harner steps his game up I'll shut up and move on it's that simple.
I know what I did or did not say but you keep telling your stories. At the very least, they are amusing.

You see there are simple flaws to every logic Blaster tells....

The problem with him and most of Wytheville for that matter is they believe GW is "Elite". They aren't. Look at his comparable models, he's using Riverheads and Galax. The problem is Blaster believes GW would be on par with those teams IF they had a "better" coach. No one can dispute that. It can't be proven or disproven. He makes these claims because he simply knows there's no actual way to prove which team has more "talent". Especially when both teams playing have SIMILAR talent. Again, it's easy to tell yourself so you feel important that your hometown school is "elite". It's also easy to tell yourself that the only reason why you don't beat Galax, Radford, and other "elite" programs is because of the coach.

I mean come on, one his arguments is "Our JV team goes undefeated every year and then we lose to those teams at Varsity." LOLOLOLOLOLOL. What a fool. I guess he doesn't take into consideration that kids mature at different speeds, kids develop at different speeds, etc...it's almost like he's the greatest troll of all time and he doesn't even know it.

The point about beating teams you're suppose to beat is just illogical too. The problem is Blaster believes games against Radford and Galax are "toss up" games, where the better coach will win. That isn't true. They aren't toss up games, every game GW was blown out in they were overmatched. Nothing to do with coaching, everything to do with the athletes.

So there's no sense in trying to reason with this guy. All of his statements can't be proven or disproven.

1). "Harner only wins the games he's suppose to." In who's eyes? You and a couple idiotic fans?

2). "GW always loses to the same team every year." Yeah....they are suppose to. The teams that they lose to show on the field that they are better at the game of football.

3). "Multiple kids dislike the way Harner coaches football and can't stand him as a coach. EJ Horton's dad told me he would never play for Harner again." A player came onto the message board to dispute this fact followed up with EJ's father.

Everyone will someday learn to let this idiot harp his nonsense and not take him seriously....

The problem with him and most of Wytheville for that matter is they believe GW is "Elite". They aren't. Look at his comparable models, he's using Riverheads and Galax. The problem is Blaster believes GW would be on par with those teams IF they had a "better" coach. No one can dispute that. It can't be proven or disproven. He makes these claims because he simply knows there's no actual way to prove which team has more "talent". Especially when both teams playing have SIMILAR talent. Again, it's easy to tell yourself so you feel important that your hometown school is "elite". It's also easy to tell yourself that the only reason why you don't beat Galax, Radford, and other "elite" programs is because of the coach.

I mean come on, one his arguments is "Our JV team goes undefeated every year and then we lose to those teams at Varsity." LOLOLOLOLOLOL. What a fool. I guess he doesn't take into consideration that kids mature at different speeds, kids develop at different speeds, etc...it's almost like he's the greatest troll of all time and he doesn't even know it.

The point about beating teams you're suppose to beat is just illogical too. The problem is Blaster believes games against Radford and Galax are "toss up" games, where the better coach will win. That isn't true. They aren't toss up games, every game GW was blown out in they were overmatched. Nothing to do with coaching, everything to do with the athletes.

So there's no sense in trying to reason with this guy. All of his statements can't be proven or disproven.

1). "Harner only wins the games he's suppose to." In who's eyes? You and a couple idiotic fans?

2). "GW always loses to the same team every year." Yeah....they are suppose to. The teams that they lose to show on the field that they are better at the game of football.

3). "Multiple kids dislike the way Harner coaches football and can't stand him as a coach. EJ Horton's dad told me he would never play for Harner again." A player came onto the message board to dispute this fact followed up with EJ's father.

Everyone will someday learn to let this idiot harp his nonsense and not take him seriously....
It doesnt matter what a person thinks of his team, at the end of the day the team is defined by wins and losses and I think GWs record speaks for itself.

I see your point I do but my point is he hasnt won but 2 games he shouldn't have. Yes he won against the Galax title team but honestly shouldn't have. And yes by my own logic someone along the way should be able to a win against RH and eventually someone will. But the reason they haven't yet is because of coaching that man has that team playing at an unreal level. I've never seen anything like it. It's coaching man it really is we only beat team's we should with 2 exceptions. It's easy to see if you just look at what GW has done or rather hasn't done. And no I would have him in the top 5 on this end. That's just a few off the top of my head.

Either way I've stated my case I've given proof and I promise you I'm not just blowing smoke when I say I have a little more than a little inside info. Yeah I may not use it in the best way but I've got it. At this point I'm beating a dead horse and so is everyone else by keeping this bs post alive. Give me my lumps and crow pie over the next few days then lets move on to next year. Oh and how RH is treating us all like little sister haha and how my 49ers are killing it so far this season ( "cough" Atlanta doesn't count)

Ok, let's look at this simply. You used 2-12 record. And said only has 2 wins that he shouldn't have. So what is a good number out of 14 for you then?

Well said.

Here’s some interesting information. Coach Pruitt, who won the 2002 State Championship, was let go because he apparently lacked discipline with the kids. Coach Ingo, who won the 2012 State Championship, was let go because of too much discipline with one kid. Now Coach Harner is going to be let go because the kids don’t like him and something he said or did at the Galax playoff game? This all just shows how delusional some people are in the entitled town of Wytheville. Some people you can never please. You couldn’t pay me enough to coach there. Good luck Coach Harner. You deserve better.

The freshmen and sophomores at Galax are busy beating the piss out of the GW varsity team while the GW JV's are beating the Galax 8th graders!

Measuring what a varsity level team should accomplish based on JV performance is a fools errand!

I know what I did or did not say but you keep telling your stories. At the very least, they are amusing.
We will agree to disagree on this one i also know what i was told. Or at least the group of 7 or so of us was. But either way I'm happy that EJ got to play better competition. Hiw is he doing lately? If you don't mind me asking.

Ok, let's look at this simply. You used 2-12 record. And said only has 2 wins that he shouldn't have. So what is a good number out of 14 for you then?
6 would be a fair number cause it's not like we've been out classed in all of them. The Sussex game is a perfect example that game should've been won just saying. The year RH beat us we could've won it all comes down to dumb mistakes yes some are on the kids. But 95% are on him.

6 would be a fair number cause it's not like we've been out classed in all of them. The Sussex game is a perfect example that game should've been won just saying. The year RH beat us we could've won it all comes down to dumb mistakes yes some are on the kids. But 95% are on him.

That makes little sense man, unless you are using rose colored glasses.

So you expect a team to win 43% of games that you classified as just as talented or more talented or better, games you "shouldn't" win. But then just imagine what your reaction would be if you lost even half that % of teams you should beat?

If you REALLY think that a coach should be able to win 40%+ of games they shouldn't win, then no wonder you have an issue with your coach. By that logic, you would have an issue with Dixon, Casto, Saban, Belichick, etc. Because NONE of them win 40% of games they shouldn't win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT