• GW

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • PM

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll take GW, but in a close game. PM must be very good to go to Hurley and win
On the road. GW will be the best team PM has played this year, but their win at
Hurley shows they are very capable of winning at GW.

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Gotta clear my head from tonights games first. Lol. I will say it's a game that I thought would take place as soon as the brackets were released. I'll have more on it and all my predictions for next weekend either later on this weekend or Monday. Hopefully all the teams got through tonight injury free and will make it home safely and the fans too

I can't wait for this one I gotta do some thinking before I give my full prediction. But boy oh boy we got a game next week fellas lol.

I'm not just saying that cause I'm a GW fan that ass beating Galax gave us woke them up. And they have been trying to take souls all year since then. We are finally using out size to abuse teams and letting our depth and speed wear them out. Next week can't come soon enough lol.

I know it's a week away but let's get the talk stsrted. Who ya got and what's your thoughts?
I'll tell y'all GBubs the same thing I told the Hurley folks earlier this week, which is that in order for your kids to win you will need to have more talent than PM to the power of about 5 because they will not be as fundamentally sound, nor will they out execute the Blues. Also, going to strange, far off ball fields doesn't faze the boys in blue either.

Our field is one of the nicest in the area so it's not far off or weird. And believe me GW is beyond talented we are legitimately 2-3 deep everywhere. And trust me we are very fundamentally sound GW will be by far the best team PM has seen all year. So please underestimate GW I'm not under estimating PM but don't think for 1 second that you will have anything overt GW.

Our field is one of the nicest in the area so it's not far off or weird. And believe me GW is beyond talented we are legitimately 2-3 deep everywhere. And trust me we are very fundamentally sound GW will be by far the best team PM has seen all year. So please underestimate GW I'm not under estimating PM but don't think for 1 second that you will have anything overt GW.
I don't equate the term "strange" with "weird" fwiw. Maybe "unfamiliar" might be more apt. Anyway, I have no doubt that y'all are the best program that PM will have played so far this year. I played hs ball in a state that worships Friday night lights and have lived in several other states that does the same, and I'm thrilled that I have a program in my new neck of the woods to support, and they have opponents like GW to compete with. Look forward to being there a week from now. That being said, my primes stands I think. Y'all better have 4A level talent.

GW will be just fine. I agree that PM is good, but it isn't going to take "4A talent" to beat them. GW definitely doesn't have "4A talent", yet they have more than enough talent to beat PM.

GW has 2A talent no doubt I assure you we have a good bit more talent than BG did or does. And the subs we have are just as talented. I wish PM the best of luck and have no bad blood with them at all. But I'll say it like I've said all year GW will without quest be the most talented team on the field. We have been all year and will continue to be. This team is SPECIAL! they would beat out 2012 title imo. GW is the definition of next level football this season.

They don't have the talent of Graham or Richlands. They most definitely don't have the talent of Appo. They have the talent of some 2A schools, but not the top ones.

How will GW ever be able to keep up with PM's 3 running backs that run 4.4's?

Not going to get into the GW-PM argument, a whole week to listen to this crap..yay.

But hey, you've been dogging PM for a while now. Even had us slated to lose tonight by 16.. just wanted to congratulate you on a great call with that one!

Mmqp you and I have always been cool on here and I think we always will be. You and I both know that we will see one hell of a battle next week. Best of luck to yall from one 49ers fan to another.

Reactions: mmqp
They don't have the talent of Graham or Richlands. They most definitely don't have the talent of Appo. They have the talent of some 2A schools, but not the top ones.
Yeah I'd agree with that our starting 11 have close to the top 2A teams talent. I'll guarantee some of them would start at those schools. But they are 2A for a reason lol. GW isn't the team to try and out talent at the 1A level it won't work. Or to try and out depth that definitely won't work.

Mmqp you and I have always been cool on here and I think we always will be. You and I both know that we will see one hell of a battle next week. Best of luck to yall from one 49ers fan to another.

If it wasnt for high school football what on earth would we have?? SF is a complete joke of an organization now.. I feel like Craig County could pick up yardage against that "defense" that we have right now! I quit watching their games weeks ago. I refuse to watch while stupid Krapper is on the field.

I wish you guys the best of luck next week. I hope for a great ballgame. Two major concerns popped up for me (oh boy I'm sure some PM fans will take offense to this one..) tonight... playcalling and penalties. Jeremy Nelson ran all over Hurley. But he SHOULD have had more!! They kept going away from handing him the ball. My thing is, you run him until the other team stops him. We didnt do that vs. Gap and we didnt do that until later in the game tonight. No disrespect to Hurley, but this game should easily have been 42-12 if not worse. Penalties are killing us. STUPID penalties. In fact, Hurley was given second life on their first (and only impressive) drive of the night when we roughed the QB on 3rd and goal at the time.. the qb tossed the ball out of bounds and we freaking wiped him out anyway. Thats happened too many times this year. If PM has any chance of winning they better play their best of the year by FAR.

Yet another year and playing a team that I've held in high regard for many years.. just as Sussex, Essex and Altavista in seasons past, it will be an honor to see my beloved Blues take on yet another state power in a meaningful contest. Only someone who has seen a program as far down in the gutter as Blues fans have seen our program could possibly understand how great a feeling it is to be in these types of positions.

Sadly our 49ers are a dumpster fire and just flat out can play football. But like you said we have HS ball lol. And I look forward to seeing PM at GW 2 very storied programs going at it. GW 20 winning seasons in a row and PM was king in the 80s. And this year we both have good teams. I truly believe this is the best GW team ever at least talent wise. So if PM beats us they definitely deserve it all. Best of luck next week and safe travels.

And by that 4A talent analogy that's saying that PM could compete for or win a 4A title
Didn't say either of us could win a 4A title, or even 2A. I do think there are a good many 4As in our area that PM could beat, and I bet there are some in your area that GW could take care of business against also. Coaching counts for a lot in high school ball because there is such a large disparity from program to program.

Not going to get into the GW-PM argument, a whole week to listen to this crap..yay.

But hey, you've been dogging PM for a while now. Even had us slated to lose tonight by 16.. just wanted to congratulate you on a great call with that one!

Yep, I was way off on that one. Truthfully I didn't know how to pick both teams to lose so I banged on the keyboard for the 16 and flipped a coin for the winner.

Reactions: mmqp
Didn't say either of us could win a 4A title, or even 2A. I do think there are a good many 4As in our area that PM could beat, and I bet there are some in your area that GW could take care of business against also. Coaching counts for a lot in high school ball because there is such a large disparity from program to program.
True it does and yes I've had less than stellar things to say about our coach. But he is finally letting the kids play and he is coaching them the right way finally. But all we can do is talk for a week and then all see what's what's at the same time next Friday.

JUST NOW ARRIVING BACK HOME FROM THE HALLOWED HOLLOWS OF HURLEY.... WE STUCK AROUND FOR A WHILE LOOKING FOR THIS HUUUGEEE PARTY THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE HAVING AFTER THE MAJOR A$$WHOOPIN WE TOOK AS THEY SAID.... NEVER FOUND IT SO WE CAME ON BACK TO THE BEAUTIFUL BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAINS... THANKS FOR THE HOSPITALITY!!

HERE COMES THE BOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

Parties are better in Wytheville from what I hear.
LOL... I WOULD SURE HOPE SO... GETTING ARRESTED AND EJECTED AIN'T MUCH OF A PARTY BUT YOU GUYS SURE TALK A BIG GAME!!!!! AND AS WE SAY FROM THE BREAKFAST NOOK, TTFN!! THAT'S SHORT FOR TA TA FOR NOW.. I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO, IT'S JUST FUN TO GIVE A SOME BACK WHEN WE SAID SO LITTLE, OFF THE FIELD....

Good job you beat Hurley. I hope you guys are focused on beating that Giant in Wytheville now.

LOL... I WOULD SURE HOPE SO... GETTING ARRESTED AND EJECTED AIN'T MUCH OF A PARTY BUT YOU GUYS SURE TALK A BIG GAME!!!!! AND AS WE SAY FROM THE BREAKFAST NOOK, TTFN!! THAT'S SHORT FOR TA TA FOR NOW.. I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO, IT'S JUST FUN TO GIVE A SOME BACK WHEN WE SAID SO LITTLE, OFF THE FIELD....

Who got arrested? I hope it wasn't John.

Who got arrested? I hope it wasn't John.

Lordy I hope not! I got a feeling Johns like me to old to get to excited about anything.
On a serious note. Everyone needs to take the high ground here. These last 2 years is as close as Hurley has came to a championship in a long time. I am sure this was a crushing loss for players and fans a like. Emotions can get the best of all of us. I will remind all my fellow Parry McCluer fans to remember the feeling in 2014 when Altavista took us out. Yes i think we handled that loss with grace but now lets take the win and move on to GW.

I look for this to be the game of the century. I have enormous respect for the Maroons . My son has been there before. Gatorbait, I know in your mind their a monster and I'm ok with that , they are . We are too buddy ! We have been underrated , underestimated , and given the short straw all year. Here's the deal. This is gonna be a great game an I am the first dad in 16 years that can say their son has a chance at being the all time leading rusher . He needs 182 yards, but don't get it twisted . We will give up those yards if you are crazy enough to focus on one of our three. KJ Cook , Marcellius Dawson, are capable and more than willing to ground and pound . We are more worried about winning as a team than succeeding as an individual. I believe in our caches ! They are awesome beyond belief. Much respect to Hurley, because they were physical and tough and wanting to win. Hurley was a good team! Much respect for Hurley ! Having said that , we look forward to a good game .

I believe they are a monster, but don't get it confused, I would like to see them lose, I just believe it will be a team in the East that can do it. I believe that PM's offense will fair well against GW, I just don't know if PM's defense can contain all those weapons. I hope PM can take them down, I just don't see it happening. Best of luck to both teams!! Best of luck to your son as well in achieving the rushing record!

Well said Eagledad40.

This is what separates good players from great players.I can tell you me and mine are pulling for 40 not to just break it but shatter it. Hes had one heck of a season and were still going congratulations. Coach Turner pulled it out of him but I think B.V.has given him the town support every player wants.

Reactions: Eagledad40
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT