ADVERTISEMENT

Hermitage vs. Highland Springs

Indian River will beat them next week.
HAHA! That's what you said about Bird "Nobody will beat them". Remember that, Herm showed them the door.. Highland Springs showed Hermitage the door today. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch, but IR has to come to Krieter Stadium next week. If they can keep pace with our offense they might have a chance. I predict HS playing Tusky for the 5A Title in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I think the Springers are big favorites the rest of the way, I wouldn't say locks or anything like that, but two TD favorites. The 2nd and 3rd best teams in the VHSL have been dispatched.

Reactions: springer76
Highland springs front 7 is as good as they come by. They look and play like a college front with aggressive safeties. They are physical and fast. Holes close quickly...very fast. Well coached, they fly to the ball and gang tackle. They play mean, fast and hard. You can not similar that speed in practice. With dynamic playmakers they are very tough. I do not know anything about ir but I have been on the field with hshs.. They are scary.

Whoever wins I the north will have one hell of a time with them. Those skills do not match up well at all with hshs.. They just do not match up physical..

Neither will hit you like HSHS.. played them all ...not even close...HSHS hits harder, more velocity and it stings way more.. not even close when it comes to physical play..
look at how many points all three of their defenses have let up.. Hell husky and SB have let up more points in the past four games against average and sub par competition then HSHS has all year.. that defensive state for all of them is very, very telling.. that tells you about physical play.

I don't know. Those schools up in Loudoun County bring home a lot of state titles (in all sports, but also football). You can have fun talking trash if you want, it's been a long time since you've been in a final four, but I hope your staff isn't assuming the other team can't stay on the field with them. At this point in the playoffs that would be a mistake.

What are you talking about?? Talking trash? Other team stay on the field? I am totally befuddled by this. What do you mean by this post? Are you telling me that the defense for SB and husky is on par with HSHS? You are a numbers guy.. Look up the number.. How many points have each given up for the year? Have the loudon schools played teams on caliber to LB Bird, Hermitage, etc.... but lets look at facts.. Out of the defenses how many points have they each given up.. I would bet Tusky and SB have given up at LEAST twice as many points at HSHS.. maybe more..

Look, I've already made HS the favorites (12 points this week, and probably by 17 in the finals). I'm just saying that refusing to give your opponents credit is a recipe for disaster. There aren't any weak teams in the 5A final four, I can promise you that.

I'm just saying that if we look at these teams you can make a case for them all.

If we are going by points allowed totals, then Indian River will be the state champions. They could ask how a team who gave up 77 in their last two games is supposed to stay on the field with them.

Stone Bridge without question had the toughest schedule in the state this year: Westfield (6A semi-finalist), James Robinson (6A elite 8), James Madison, Tuscarora, Broad Run twice, and Massaponax. Chantilly and West Springfield were their easy games, both of whom were 6A playoff teams.

Tuscarora's schedule wasn't as nasty, but they've won 27 of their last 28 with their only loss coming by 3 points to L.C. Bird in the state finals.

Reactions: WP02alum
What are you talking about?? Talking trash? Other team stay on the field? I am totally befuddled by this. What do you mean by this post? Are you telling me that the defense for SB and husky is on par with HSHS? You are a numbers guy.. Look up the number.. How many points have each given up for the year? Have the loudon schools played teams on caliber to LB Bird, Hermitage, etc.... but lets look at facts.. Out of the defenses how many points have they each given up.. I would bet Tusky and SB have given up at LEAST twice as many points at HSHS.. maybe more..
AxBAi6GTcJDCU.gif

Gotta love these NEW MONEY teams. They were in the mist of an epic choke job on Saturday, now they can't be beaten.

Reactions: WhyBeeCee
Epic choke? Did you or anybody else expect HS to blow Herm out? Nobody did, certinly not me!
It actually turned out to BE exactly what everybody(8,000+ fans) ecpected. A very close, hard faught EPIC battle between the 2 of the best teams in the state. I didn't think Herm was going to roll over and die.It's a 4 quarter game,if if it were just 2 quarters it would've been a blow out. Come on man, why are you always hating on Highland Springs? Your team is still playing and I hope they win a ring too!

No need to hate on Highland Springs I have 2 things they don't have. I'm just loving how they are now unstoppable after two hard fought wins according to this new fan that has signed up. Respect your opponents before you start crowning yourselves champion. Indian River is coming to play.
If HS lost that game it would have been a choke job. Can't blow a 35-7 lead when you a state title contender and favorite. Seriously what's going on with the defense? 34 now 35 points. Good thing I'd IR is not that great offensively so you should be in good shape. Thanks for the well wishes.

No need to hate on Highland Springs I have 2 things they don't have. I'm just loving how they are now unstoppable after two hard fought wins according to this new fan that has signed up. Respect your opponents before you start crowning yourselves champion. Indian River is coming to play.
If HS lost that game it would have been a choke job. Can't blow a 35-7 lead when you a state title contender and favorite. Seriously what's going on with the defense? 34 now 35 points. Good thing I'd IR is not that great offensively so you should be in good shape. Thanks for the well wishes.
Hey, Lee Davis and Hermitage are not slouches by any means.. The defense, our defense scored 3 touchdowns against Hermitage. Without that effort, we would not have won!
For real, I'd love to see all 3 Central Va. teams bring home the hardware! It is still a very tall order!
Good Luck the rest of the way!
Are you going to be doing the Girls Basketball Showcase at HS this year? If so, I'll come down and introduce me! ;)

Understandable. I will be at HS again this year for my girls event 2 days 10 games and I have in the nightcap HS vs Bethel. It will be a great 2 days of basketball.

Tuscarora isn't a great team. Atlee should've beat them. Northern Va football is nowhere near as good as football in 804. Tusky would've been 7-3 or 6-4 in Richmond.

Against Highland Springs it's just about not allowing the big play. #5 is their best player. Keep him and Dortch in check and you win.

Against Highland Springs it's just about not allowing the big play. #5 is their best player. Keep him and Dortch in check and you win.
I wish you'd consult IR's staff. If keeping Dortch and Wallace in check is all they have to do to win, they're in big trouble! It's going to be a good game no doubt. IR has a real good team. Highland Springs has beaten a bunch of real good teams this year.

Not anymore...

I said it earlier and I will say it again. HS was clearly the superior team in D5 and was well deserving of the title. Very, very well coached team. Their front 7 is just plain scary.. Their secondary the real deal. Can run and throw on offense. Very balanced and complete team. Great job by Coach Johnson and the springers. They were just way, way too fast for SB.. Plus way too physical. That style of play and speed is something that is just too hard to simulate.

Hey Devils99, where are you? You've been awful quiet since the choking Springers won the State Title!
Where's the defense? The defense was at the State playoffs! Outscoring Indian River and Stone Bridge combined 62-17.
What was it that you said you have that we don't?. Wait, a football state title?....Wait another second,.... we have 2 state basketball titles too since 2004 and 2 baseball title. What is it that you have?

I said it earlier and I will say it again. HS was clearly the superior team in D5 and was well deserving of the title. Very, very well coached team. Their front 7 is just plain scary.. Their secondary the real deal. Can run and throw on offense. Very balanced and complete team. Great job by Coach Johnson and the springers. They were just way, way too fast for SB.. Plus way too physical. That style of play and speed is something that is just too hard to simulate.
Hey coach Joe, gonna be good next year too! All but 2 offensive and defensive linemen will be back. The QB is back .... We've got some fine wide receivers waiting for their chance too. Not to mention a little something for the backfield..... Remember these names, Rell Coley and Jordan Wall. Coley is a helluva RB and Wall 5'11' 220lb. FB.
you will see power running and electric passing game again!

Last edited:
Hey Devils99, where are you? You've been awful quiet since the choking Springers won the State Title!
Where's the defense? The defense was at the State playoffs! Outscoring Indian River and Stone Bridge combined 62-17.
What was it that you said you have that we don't?. Wait, a football state title?....Wait another second,.... we have 2 state basketball titles too since 2004 and 2 baseball title. What is it that you have?
The LT faithfull are still trying to fit that kick inside the left upright

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT