ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Springers,

..., are you still high on your team? Are the studs still injury free and in the weight room?

I think Bird now has a question mark beside their name, so Hermitage may be your toughest competition.

I hear the Springers are young but talented.

Ranking the top 3 at this time I would go...
Hermitage
LC Bird
Highland Springs

I just think Herm's defense is going to be nasty good whereas Highland Springs has questions regarding players they had to replace, can the new crop carry on the success? LC Bird should be good but obviously the loss of a coach the caliber of Bedwell could hurt any team.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud

Hermitage
LC Bird
Highland Springs

I just think Herm's defense is going to be nasty good whereas Highland Springs has questions regarding players they had to replace, can the new crop carry on the success? LC Bird should be good but obviously the loss of a coach the caliber of Bedwell could hurt any team.
I know you have been high on Hermitage for this upcoming year. And you have your ear to the ground in your area, so I'll buy into what you say. Springers has told me several times about the kids coming along, and if he is accurate the Springers will be dominant. But, as you say, young guys need to prove themselves.

Now that we know who takes the helm at Bird, I don't expect any falloff at all. In fact, it may turn out to be synergistic relationship that results in the Skyhawks being even better.

@springer76 I know this is the football board but we're happy to get one of your guys, Mike'l Simms, who signed at VCU last week. I remember seeing him play in high school when he was just "good", but man that kid is a BALLER! Happy to have him here on Broad St!

Reactions: springer76
Every team has to get better no matter what players you have returning! HSHS had to get better even though they returned so many starters in 2016 in order to repeat.

Reactions: Twan804
1. Hermitage
2. HSHS
3. Bird

The springers are loaded but 3 peating is tough. They are younger, but the talent pool in the HS area is endless.

There is no way Bird can reload what they lost last year in 2 D1 linebackers and Mcall without a few timely transfers. They still have plenty though.

Herm should have a slight edge this year in my book. If not now then when??? Better do it this year with all the young talent in the HSHS pipeline.

I know this is a D5 board but Manchester is returning a lot. They have got to seize the moment this season

1. Hermitage
2. HSHS
3. Bird

The springers are loaded but 3 peating is tough. They are younger, but the talent pool in the HS area is endless.

There is no way Bird can reload what they lost last year in 2 D1 linebackers and Mcall without a few timely transfers. They still have plenty though.

Herm should have a slight edge this year in my book. If not now then when??? Better do it this year with all the young talent in the HSHS pipeline.

I know this is a D5 board but Manchester is returning a lot. They have got to seize the moment this season

I couldn't agree with you more on Manchester. The nice part about the Lancers is that they have a monster rising junior class so the next two years could make them a fun team to follow. They are one of those teams that don't get the pop others do because they don't have the history that say Hermitage, Bird or Highland Springs have.

Hermitage
LC Bird
Highland Springs

The Springers are loaded with skill players! The O & D lines will be the key. I understand they are looking pretty good and are working very hard. Returnees from the 2016 team are studs.
The incoming Juniors (35 of them) are on a 19 game winning streak (from jv). They are tough, fast and very talented. We have 4 tough teams to open the season. Herm, Riverbend, MBK, Woodside. We can use those as a barometer.
Want a look at the young talent getting ready to play varsity, check out the jv Hudl page. See "all black everything". Judge for yourself!
http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/61773

@springer76 I know this is the football board but we're happy to get one of your guys, Mike'l Simms, who signed at VCU last week. I remember seeing him play in high school when he was just "good", but man that kid is a BALLER! Happy to have him here on Broad St!
Yeah DSH! I'm looking forward to seeing him over there!!

The Springers are loaded with skill players! The O & D lines will be the key. I understand they are looking pretty good and are working very hard. Returnees from the 2016 team are studs.
The incoming Juniors (35 of them) are on a 19 game winning streak (from jv). They are tough, fast and very talented. We have 4 tough teams to open the season. Herm, Riverbend, MBK, Woodside. We can use those as a barometer.
Want a look at the young talent getting ready to play varsity, check out the jv Hudl page. See "all black everything". Judge for yourself!
http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/61773
They won the Yorktown 7v7 shootout yesterday. Undefeated so far, I do believe.
The rising Sophomore QB David Laney is the real deal He may be even better than Pootie Carter! Good size, keen eye spotting the field, accurate passer and good on his feet!

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT