ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs vs Varina tickets “No online tickets”

I've seen every playoff team play so far. HSHS/757 will be the final. The north as they say, "doesn't want NO smoke"...
That will not happen! (HSHS/757 will be the final) if HS makes it through the Richmond Richmond Region (5B), the will play the Eastern Region (5A) in the (757) semi. The Northern sides (5C & 5D) will play in the other semifinal (likely SB winning) The winner of the North plays the winner of the South in the Final.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
That will not happen! (HSHS/757 will be the final) if HS makes it through the Richmond Richmond Region (5B), the will play the Eastern Region (5A) in the (757) semi. The Northern sides (5C & 5D) will play in the other semifinal (likely SB winning) The winner of the North plays the winner of the South in the Final.
I know that, essentially what I was saying is the semi(HSHS v 757) will be equivalent to a final the north is no competition.

That was 19! Bobby did not come back in.

Bobby did come back in last series he was number 8. Number 19That
If Wodie ain't get that pick six it would've been 14-0(Varina WR was WIDE open) HSHS can't turn it over deep in the playoffs.

That's a strong if. How about if Jordan didn't fumble that ball we were heading for the red zone and could've scored. If the refs second half didn't call a ton of holding calls we would've converted more 1st downs. That's why I don't deal with ifs, both teams made plays, HS just made more when they were supposed to.

HS offense is skating on real thin ice. Their defense and special teams is what might win them another title. A Varina or Manchester rematch just became that much more interesting. Varina is not going to make those offensive mistakes again, they just proved they can hang with their brethren and got more confident as the game went on.

Varina offense was impressive and Defense very solid only thing that affected them were there special teams, hs defense was solid but they had to many penalties on offense today that could have cost them the game but overall hs play very smart on offense I can see them in the state other than champions
game congrats
other than the two interception and the punt return pretty much control the game... A 70-yard touchdown pass and drove the ball down the field twice on highland springs defense for touchdowns.like I said in my prediction this game could have gone either way

That's a strong if. How about if Jordan didn't fumble that ball we were heading for the red zone and could've scored. If the refs second half didn't call a ton of holding calls we would've converted more 1st downs. That's why I don't deal with ifs, both teams made plays, HS just made more when they were supposed to.
Holland springs was basically holding on every play if you can go back and watch the film The holding calls we're legit

Reactions: LionNation540
Holland springs was basically holding on every play if you can go back and watch the film The holding calls we're legit
other than the two interception and the punt return pretty much control the game... A 70-yard touchdown pass and drove the ball down the field twice on highland springs defense for touchdowns.like I said in my prediction this game could have gone either way
If they would play again vàrina would definitely win that game.

This was what I meant by the offense being on thin ice. The penalties moreso than the turnovers.

Talent wise both teams are dead even.. Highland Springs has superior coaching that was the difference today. Round 2 is going to be really good.

If they would play again vàrina would definitely win that game.
As long as LJ is on the HSHS sideline,he will outcoach Brown every time! 7x in a row is not an accident. The player’s name change,but the results don’t. Varina is gonna be #41!!!

Reactions: mbonape1
This was what I meant by the offense being on thin ice. The penalties moreso than the turnovers.
HSHS had 3 penalties the entire game vs CFORGE. They beat both teams by the same score. They scored 4 OFFENSIVE TDs against Forge. They scored in all 3 phases against Varina. Manchester was the early hole from turnovers,CForge was the 5 turnovers,Varina was the penalties,and every game seems to be a “weak offense” that can’t score! We’ve heard this Thin ice BS all year,vs an impossible schedule,and STILL finished 10-0. Keep doubting HSHS!!

Reactions: springer76
HSHS had 3 penalties the entire game vs CFORGE. They beat both teams by the same score. They scored 4 OFFENSIVE TDs against Forge. They scored in all 3 phases against Varina. Manchester was the early hole from turnovers,CForge was the 5 turnovers,Varina was the penalties,and every game seems to be a “weak offense” that can’t score! We’ve heard this Thin ice BS all year,vs an impossible schedule,and STILL finished 10-0. Keep doubting HSHS!!
I think what he is saying is offensively you only scored twice and that was with the interception on the varina 30yd line which made it a short field to score, second td was a drive down the field to score that other td, now I was at the game and I can honestly say Varina defense was really good looked way better then Manchester they locked hs offense down hs had very little passing I’m sure it was less then 60 yards, and rushing may have been 80, 90, , yards with a official total, now u take away the interception td and the special team td that’s 7, 6 because he missed the extra point 13 , so what ppl are saying offensively yesterday they wasn’t on point

I think what he is saying is offensively you only scored twice and that was with the interception on the varina 30yd line which made it a short field to score, second td was a drive down the field to score that other td, now I was at the game and I can honestly say Varina defense was really good looked way better then Manchester they locked hs offense down hs had very little passing I’m sure it was less then 60 yards, and rushing may have been 80, 90, , yards with a official total, now u take away the interception td and the special team td that’s 7, 6 because he missed the extra point 13 , so what ppl are saying offensively yesterday they wasn’t on point
They scored in the 4th qtr and held Varina scoreless when it counted,just like Forge,Manchester,And Smith! Not sure if they would have scored anymore if needed,but the D made sure they didn’t need to.

Reactions: CavsGrad and Va434
I wouldn’t say that either team would definitely win. Highland Springs has superior coaching but Stu Brown didn’t call a bad game. I have no idea why Varina would even kick to Highland Springs. If you’re going to kick it short and give them good field position, kick it out of bounds.. #11 for Highland Springs ran one back that didn’t count and I be damned Varina kicked the ball to him again...GAME OVER. I also don’t understand that whole second quarter where Varina tried to constantly run up the middle on the HS interior D-Line. Bad calls like that cost them the game today.

Like somebody said on another post once before, "If, "if" was a fifth we'd all be drunk"(now my favorite quote!). But that pick changed the entire momentum of the game. In about two weeks I figure we'll be at Henrico or Herm again for the encore.

Reactions: springer76
Like somebody said on another post once before, "If, "if" was a fifth we'd all be drunk"(now my favorite quote!). But that pick changed the entire momentum of the game. In about two weeks I figure we'll be at Henrico or Herm again for the encore.
Yeah hs and varina will be playing again in a few weeks , I’m glad it was a good game yesterday and not a blowout, this game had ppl stressing every second lol , overall great game

It will be at Hermitage.
Already confirmed!!! Our next 3 games will be at Hermitage..... If we make it #4, that one will be at Varina (again)!

I'll tell you how I see it for Highland Springs concerning the "skating on thin ice", "turnovers", "penalties"... There are 5 more games to get to the "Ship" again!!! That's half of a season to go!!!! With HS's staff, they have time to go to work and and get the kinks out. They have been here before, right!? I wouldn't be surprised to see HS doing some different sets and different things in the coming weeks to improve and tweak the offense and sure up some other issues that have been going on.... we shall see.

Reactions: Johnny"football"
HSHS had 3 penalties the entire game vs CFORGE. They beat both teams by the same score. They scored 4 OFFENSIVE TDs against Forge. They scored in all 3 phases against Varina. Manchester was the early hole from turnovers,CForge was the 5 turnovers,Varina was the penalties,and every game seems to be a “weak offense” that can’t score! We’ve heard this Thin ice BS all year,vs an impossible schedule,and STILL finished 10-0. Keep doubting HSHS!![/QUOTE Highland Springs is a very good football team and 39 wins to show for it but very much overrated this year. Varina was averaging something like 50 points a game HS only allowed Varina 20 points. MY MAN DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

@Va434 HooSprings was the loudest one in our section all day! (Marines cap)
I’m not sure who you THINK I am,but I was sitting alone with my wife,near the top of the stadium,pretty quiet. I had my UVA stocking cap on. I do know the guy you are talking about though. He used to be on here. You’re talking about Litlcoz. Lol....he’s a friend of mine.

Reactions: LionNation540
HS
The coaching is the difference maker... HS will win again.
Springer 76 i remember back in the day you criticize coach Burton coaching abilities and when coach Johnson arrived on the scene you would criticize his coaching abilities I'm so glad things worked out for you. I just think HS is a very very good football team that's overrated this year. I said my peace. Good luck in the states. God willing see you all next year

HS

Springer 76 i remember back in the day you criticize coach Burton coaching abilities and when coach Johnson arrived on the scene you would criticize his coaching abilities I'm so glad things worked out for you. I just think HS is a very very good football team that's overrated this year. I said my peace. Good luck in the states. God willing see you all next year
I do remember! Burton was a good coach, but couldn't get out of the Region, usually because Varina, Bird and Hermitage would get us every time.
When he left and Coach J took over, we had a couple of mediocre years. Granted, he didn't have the "staff" he has now, in place!!! There was attrition with in the assistant coaching ranks at HSHS.... BUT when he had secured the staff that he has in place now, things changed!!! Before, folks weren't buying into Coach Johnson's system. This staff is all in!!! It shows and what has developed is 2nd to none!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT