ADVERTISEMENT

Highland Springs will host Martinsburg

Who will win?

• Martinsburg WV

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Highland Springs

Votes: 33 60.0%

• Total voters
HS. If they were playing in WV, maybe Martinsburg. Doubt Martinsburg will ever play in an environment like the one at Highland Springs. HS loses a lot this year so 9/17 those young guys will be having growing pains.. The game will be a lot closer than if HS had played Martinsburg last fall.

Wow...both of these schools loading up the schedule this year. Martinsburg at Salem and at HS. Then HS also taking on Vance. Those are some big games. I've heard HS is very good and Martinsburg has won a lot of games. Don't know enough about either team to pick, but should be a good one!!

Martinsburg took a couple steps back this past season. They were loaded in 2018 and 2019. They lost a good RB to graduation this past yr. You can go on YouTube and watch all of their games.

Martinsburg took a couple steps back this past season. They were loaded in 2018 and 2019. They lost a good RB to graduation this past yr. You can go on YouTube and watch all of their games.
HS will have 4 WRs with power 5 offers, the two best DL in the state for 2022 and 2023, both with power 5 offers, and Loren Johnson’s son Braylon who will have offers to just about every power 5 contender in America to play CB before summer’s end and will be a junior this fall. They didn’t have a QB last year, but they’ll have a very talented sophomore taking over this year and he’s going to be special. Like Martinsburg, HS lost a solid RB but they’ll find somebody to plug in.

Just don’t think this will be much of a game this year and 804 people aren’t going to be hype to see this like we would be out our way with Salem or Sherando vs Martinsburg. The game everyone is talking about is JL Chambers, formerly Vance High School, out of Charlotte and Highland Springs. They’ll kick the season off in HS’s brand new stadium. Chambers have won back to back NC 4A (comparable to VA 5A/6A) championships. They’ll be loaded.

Last edited:
HS will have 4 WRs with power 5 offers, the two best DL in the state for 2022 and 2023, both with power 5 offers, and Loren Johnson’s son Braylon who will have offers to just about every power 5 contender in America to play CB before summer’s end and will be a junior this fall. They didn’t have a QB last year, but they’ll have a very talented sophomore taking over this year and he’s going to be special. Like Martinsburg, HS lost a solid RB but they’ll find somebody to plug in.

Just don’t think this will be much of a game this year and 804 people aren’t going to be hype to see this like we would be out our way with Salem or Sherando vs Martinsburg. The game everyone is talking about is JL Chambers, formerly Vance High School, out of Charlotte and Highland Springs. They’ll kick the season off in HS’s brand new stadium. Chambers have won back to back NC 4A (comparable to VA 5A/6A) championships. They’ll be loaded.
One of the defensive coaches is a former Glenvar standout and a old friend. They did win this yrs championship but I would have loved to see the Rolesville QB healthy for that game. He injured his leg in a earlier playoff game. I will definitely tune in for this one.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
One of the defensive coaches is a former Glenvar standout and a old friend. They did win this yrs championship but I would have loved to see the Rolesville QB healthy for that game. He injured his leg in a earlier playoff game. I will definitely tune in for this one.
ME TOO! Rolesville’s QB was goood! That throw he made to the sophomore WR, who made the best catch I’ve ever seen by a high schooler, should’ve been #1 on SportsCenter even though it wasn’t a TD. After he exited the game, Vance was just way too much for Rolesville.

You’re talking about Hackett! He’s probably the baddest man in NC. He’s the DC there. His defenses are just plain nasty and have been the best defense in the state of North Carolina the past 4 years. I don’t believe that HS has enough to beat them but that’s just me. They are loaded and do it with a bunch of neighborhood kids.

Reactions: SFUWO
ME TOO! Rolesville’s QB was goood! That throw he made to the sophomore WR, who made the best catch I’ve ever seen by a high schooler, should’ve been #1 on SportsCenter even though it wasn’t a TD. After he exited the game, Vance was just way too much for Rolesville.

You’re talking about Hackett! He’s probably the baddest man in NC. He’s the DC there. His defenses are just plain nasty and have been the best defense in the state of North Carolina the past 4 years. I don’t believe that HS has enough to beat them but that’s just me. They are loaded and do it with a bunch of neighborhood kids.
What's great about his story is that he played WR. I would have pegged him to be coaching on the offensive side of the ball. We played on a adult flag team yrs ago right after he finished up at Ohio.

HS. If they were playing in WV, maybe Martinsburg. Doubt Martinsburg will ever play in an environment like the one at Highland Springs. HS loses a lot this year so 9/17 those young guys will be having growing pains.. The game will be a lot closer than if HS had played Martinsburg last fall.
I don't think the "growing pains" aren't going to be much of a factor this year. Only the defense might not be quite as stout, but they won't be far off. Now on offense.... HS will be leaps and bounds better! We have 2 big strong stud running backs coming up and plethora of talented wide receivers along with a rising senior QB that many feel should have been our starter this year before he was injured. Kahlylil Nasir, we have a rising Sophomore QB that will be his back up that is going to be very special. This kid has got the goods to be one of the best HS has ever had.... Also, the offensive line will be big and strong again. So, Strong Defense (slightly less than last) with a much improved offense. I see them as being better next year. This past year the offense struggled!

Reactions: CavsGrad and SFUWO
I don't think the "growing pains" aren't going to be much of a factor this year. Only the defense might not be quite as stout, but they won't be far off. Now on offense.... HS will be leaps and bounds better! We have 2 big strong stud running backs coming up and plethora of talented wide receivers along with a rising senior QB that many feel should have been our starter this year before he was injured. Kahlylil Nasir, we have a rising Sophomore QB that will be his back up that is going to be very special. This kid has got the goods to be one of the best HS has ever had.... Also, the offensive line will be big and strong again. So, Strong Defense (slightly less than last) with a much improved offense. I see them as being better next year. This past year the offense struggled!
HS loses a hell of a lot and they will have growing pains, all high School teams does. They do bring back some very good players and I think they’ll be too much for Martinsburg. JL Chambers will be the BEST, by far, measuring stick to see where HS is.. Don’t think any VA team, other than maybe Oscar Smith and HS, can match that style of defense. I think that this will be the first year in a while where there’s not a clear cut #1 in the Richmond metro. HS, Manchester, Dale, and Herm will all be very very good.

HS loses a hell of a lot and they will have growing pains, all high School teams does. They do bring back some very good players and I think they’ll be too much for Martinsburg. JL Chambers will be the BEST, by far, measuring stick to see where HS is.. Don’t think any VA team, other than maybe Oscar Smith and HS, can match that style of defense. I think that this will be the first year in a while where there’s not a clear cut #1 in the Richmond metro. HS, Manchester, Dale, and Herm will all be very very good.
HS's first 3 game are: Chambers, Manchester, Martinsburg. All 3 will be @HSHS. If HS can get out of these 3 opponents 2-1, we will be in the driver's seat.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
This is what I have.

08-27 H Julius Chambers, NC (formerly Vance)
09-03 H Manchester
09-10 A Prince George
09-17 H Martinsburg, WV
09-24 A Henrico
10-08 A Patrick Henry (Ashland)
10-15 A Hanover
10-29 A Atlee
11-05 H Varina

Reactions: springer76
This is what I have.

09-03 H Manchester
09-10 A Prince George
09-17 H Martinsburg, WV
09-24 A Henrico
10-15 A Hanover
10-29 A Atlee
11-05 H Varina
I am not sure if this schedule is correct because, all of the Hanover schools won't play us, is what I hear.

This is what I have.

09-03 H Manchester
09-10 A Prince George
09-17 H Martinsburg, WV
09-24 A Henrico
10-15 A Hanover
10-29 A Atlee
11-05 H Varina
wXIkv5PG_400x400.jpg

Last edited:
The games are listed on the district website under each school's schedule
I have checked. HS has 6 games scheduled. CHAMBERS, MANCHESTER, MARTINSBURG, HENRICO, VARINA, PG is 95% finalized.
HS is still searching to fill the last 4 spots.
Those Hanover schools are listed as fillers because they are Capital District schools, but they will not play HS. Word is, HS is looking for a beach team, a northern team and 2 locals.

I have checked. HS has 6 games scheduled. CHAMBERS, MANCHESTER, MARTINSBURG, HENRICO, VARINA, PG is 95% finalized.
Those Hanover schools are listed as fillers because they are Capital District schools, but they will not play HS. Word is, HS is looking for a beach team, a northern team and 2 locals.
I'd like to see them play T Dale, Hermitage, Monacan, Dinwiddie ad locals.
For good out of area quality teams, Salem Spartans come to mind. Then there's Stone Bridge, Wood Grove, Tuscarora, Westfield, South Co. Etc...

@springer76 will the Sophomore (who is Springer great DJ Johnson’s nephew) get the start over the 6’4 freshman Martin? Martin is a Hermitage kid and definitely looks like he’s going to be a 3 year varsity starter. Can’t see either being a QB2 for multiple years. Martin is prototypical and will be highly recruited but Henley has all signs pointing that he will be the next Springer great.

Reactions: springer76
Pretty sure Colonial Forge has them on the schedule as well

Thanks, I haven't heard that from anyone on the HS staff.
HS opens with JC,Manchester,PGeorge,Matinsburg,Henrico, CForge all in a row. They end with Varina. The other 3 games are listed as fillers for now.

The games are listed on the district website under each school's schedule
Those games are temporarily listed but those teams in Hanover have said they will gladly remove themselves from Highland Springs the schedule if HS can find someone else to play. I believe they will end up playing at least one of them but I do believe the others will be replaced by stiffer competition.

That game shouldn't have been close. And that's no disrespect to Rolesville. They had a good team - QB going to USF, 4-star WR in '23 class.. The reason it was close in the first half, though, is because Vance had about 15 penalties. Once they cut that out it was over. Everyone saw it coming.

The thing is Rolesville doesn't play anyone like that in the regular season. Those teams in the west beat up on each other every year. Mallard Creek has a scrimmage at Byrnes, Butler, Myers Park, Rock Hill South Pointe and Gaffney. Then Hough and Vance. It's just a different brand of football.

I don't know who Vance has coming back or any of the transfers. Hackett is no longer there. But I expect they'll be competitive.

8-2 at best.
The Springers are loaded and top 100 ranked nationally. I don’t see 2 teams on THIS schedule capable of beating them. The only one that will even give them a game is Vance,and I’ll gladly take HS as they open their new home field. Another “magical” year is coming!

The Springers are loaded and top 100 ranked nationally. I don’t see 2 teams on THIS schedule capable of beating them. The only one that will even give them a game is Vance,and I’ll gladly take HS as they open their new home field. Another “magical” year is coming!
and no Varina or Manchester in the regions

and no Varina or Manchester in the regions
I think everyone will be surprised by the Springer SOPH QB that already holds an offer from ODU! 6’3-215 that showed off at Penn St last weekend. He led them to a 9-0 record,winning the champions,including beating Life Christian in the Semis!

I know this QB is going to be special!.... I understand there is a "magician" on the team too!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT